EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Forget which team but a couple years ago a lot of players were asked...If you were a tree, which and why

Do you think your mother is attractive. Do you have both testacies(Testicles and staring contests: The strangest NFL Combine interviews in 2019 | Sporting News

I was asked If I've ever been on a boat and then he continued to drill down for a good 6-8 minutes about it 

everyone trying to be smarter than the last. 

That is thought provoking 

using rps to gauge competitiveness , is silly IMO . 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, PhillyRockd said:

Why? Wentz is horrible, you don't know what you have I'm Jurts or Reagor.

I can't judge talent with such bad QB play. I don't know how anyone else could.

Wentz and Hurts both played the same, both terrible. It was a lot of things that lead to last years poor offensive season. Yes bad QB play by BOTH QBs, recs playing very poorly, bad coaching, bad play calling/play design/scheme. Now im not saying Wentz will be back to his 2017 self, but I can bet he will have a nice career with Indy and many playoff appearances. 

I rated Reagor as a 2nd round project last year befroe the draft, I wanted nothing to do with him. Can he be a avg ok WR with good coaching? sure. I dont see him as first round talent. So yes, i would have rather have option A- Wentz at QB with Lamb then having option B- Reagor and Hurts if thats the two choices. Yes there are more choices we could have had but between those two, option A. 

3 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Said that the other day as well. Could also be a silly thing to get players to relax a bit, too. Some people, regardless of their play or ability, don't like getting pounded with questions for an hour at a time.

It's definitely goofy, but it's been taken way too seriously in here.

The goal isn’t to get them to relax , it’s to make them as uncomfortable as possible , and see how they react .

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

Per Mark Dominik

All this #Cowboys love over Kyle Pitts seems like a smoke screen. No one says that much about a player and alerts everyone in the league they want him.  I like Pitts too but Dallas has a different player in mind

I can see OT or CB for Dallas. It just makes sense. I think Pitts slides a little. Not past the top 10 but a little. Any team not needing a WR or thinks they want him as a WR will look at labels and tink they can't take a so called "TE" that high. When in reality hes a receiver weapon, not just a label of TE or WR. 

18 minutes ago, greend said:

even when you try to explain it it sounds ridiculous, sorry

Don't get me wrong, in isolation or on paper, it sounds a very random thing to do.  But if you are looking to, in a polite way,  slightly eff with someone and get them off their spot, why not?  Everyone knows the game, you can learn about how strategic someone is when playing it, etc.  You can also ask questions while playing when a players guard is down.

And for those interviewing, it's a bit of fun. especially if the interview isn't going that well. 

6 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

The goal isn’t to get them to relax , it’s to make them as uncomfortable as possible , and see how they react .

So many people are over blowing this paper, rocks, scissors topic. Yes Nick should have kept that to himself. However, a lot of GMs and coaches do something similar. Ask just strange questions that make no sense to some. They do have a purpose, even if it doesn't make sense to some, it makes sense to them. Now does that question or act always make a difference? Who knows if it really does or not. Ive heard of questions and acts my old college teammates that were interviewed were asked just were just strange. Difference is most coaches and GMs dont tell the public about it. 

7 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Wentz and Hurts both played the same, both terrible. It was a lot of things that lead to last years poor offensive season. Yes bad QB play by BOTH QBs, recs playing very poorly, bad coaching, bad play calling/play design/scheme. Now im not saying Wentz will be back to his 2017 self, but I can bet he will have a nice career with Indy and many playoff appearances. 

I rated Reagor as a 2nd round project last year befroe the draft, I wanted nothing to do with him. Can he be a avg ok WR with good coaching? sure. I dont see him as first round talent. So yes, i would have rather have option A- Wentz at QB with Lamb then having option B- Reagor and Hurts if thats the two choices. Yes there are more choices we could have had but between those two, option A. 

Hurts played better than Wentz.

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hurts played better than Wentz.

At times.  At times Wentz played better.  Neither was good enough.  

11 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I understand teams want to see a player react to uncomfortable/different situations. Not everything in an interview has to be serious, though. Not really earth shattering that an interviewer might ask (or in this case do) something on the lighter side of things.

Abundantly clear that the majority of this board can't even handle a simple game of rock, paper, scissors without overthinking it.

2 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Wentz played like complete dogshit outside of the first 3-4 drives of the season. 

People thought Doug was a complete joke in 2016 and he turned out to be the best hire of that entire cycle.

Press Conferences. Don't. Matter.

26 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

So many people are over blowing this paper, rocks, scissors topic. Yes Nick should have kept that to himself. However, a lot of GMs and coaches do something similar. Ask just strange questions that make no sense to some. They do have a purpose, even if it doesn't make sense to some, it makes sense to them. Now does that question or act always make a difference? Who knows if it really does or not. Ive heard of questions and acts my old college teammates that were interviewed were asked just were just strange. Difference is most coaches and GMs dont tell the public about it. 

Those questions by other teams and GMs are really stupid too. 

16 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Stat wise, they played the same. Both had horrible turnover rates, fumbles, picks etc. Same completion rating, Win percentage, Sacks, bad decision making and accuracy etc. The ONLY thing Hurts did better was taking off and running after his first read was not open. But that didnt improve much of anything, just padded his running stats. Overall they both played the same which was piss poor. BUT it wasnt all the QBs that caused that play, they had a lot of help making them look bad as well. 

19 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I understand teams want to see a player react to uncomfortable/different situations. Not everything in an interview has to be serious, though. Not really earth shattering that an interviewer might ask (or in this case do) something on the lighter side of things.

Abundantly clear that the majority of this board can't even handle a simple game of rock, paper, scissors without overthinking it.

Seems clear that Sirianni is overthinking it if he thinks he can glean any info from it. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Those questions by other teams and GMs are really stupid too. 

Pretty much what my post is stating. the only difference is those GMs and Coaches didnt make them public. That was Nick's only mistake was letting it be known, esp to the Philly fans, lol. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Seems clear that Sirianni is overthinking it if he thinks he can glean any info from it. 

I sincerely doubt he's doing that with anywhere near the level of seriousness that people believe. 

13 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Lamb was a good pick. Cooper won't be there for much longer and has serious durability issues. WR was a sneaky need for them long term.

Damn, bang and the kid puts the reality into the discussion.  

It goes beyond asking a silly question , he challenged  a prospect  to a game of rps , to gauge competitiveness .

Jeff Ireland, then the GM of Miami, asked Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute.

Ireland is now considered the best drafter in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

I sincerely doubt he's doing that with anywhere near the level of seriousness that people believe. 

Putting a shred of seriousness in it would be a waste of time. So either he believes there’s something to take from it or he’s too dumb to realize how dumb it looks. 

Either way it’s a bad look. 

Prediction: By the end of the year, Eagles fans will question whether Sirianni knows how to play rock-paper-scissors.

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

It goes beyond asking a silly question , he challenged  a prospect  to a game of rps , to gauge competitiveness .

And judging by the reaction of you and many other people over ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS, I wouldn't want your ass anywhere near my football team if you're that worried about something so simple.

A lot of smoke now has Gettleman taking Parsons at 11. They have a massive need at both EDGE and ILB. Gettleman has drafted super-athletic LBs in RD1 (Shaq Thomson) and clearly doesn't care about positional value. He also likes athletic guys.

Parsons going in the top 11 would be massive for us as it nearly assures one of the CBs/WRs falling to us.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

A lot of smoke now has Gettleman taking Parsons at 11. They have a massive need at both EDGE and ILB. Gettleman has drafted super-athletic LBs in RD1 (Shaq Thomson) and clearly doesn't care about positional value. He also likes athletic guys.

Parsons going in the top 11 would be massive for us as it nearly assures one of the CBs/WRs falling to us.

I hope they take Paye. Parsons is a baller. 

Archived