EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

16 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

There's also a chance that Atlanta trades out for a QB needy team and then there's a run on the top tackles.

I guess both Sewell and Slater could go top 10.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The funny thing about looking back at that potential trade up for Lamb is that people can point to Reagor/Hurts and say they’d rather have Lamb, but what if Howie stuck to the board and chose Chinn instead?

I’d rather have the Reagor/Chinn side, tbh.

I'd rather have Jefferson than Lamb or Reagor... 

12 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I would take Lamb over Reagor/Chinn.

You aren’t. I’d also take lamb over both. I like chinn but i thought lamb was the best WR in his class. Before Dak got hurt he was also on pace to break the rookie single season receiving record. It wasn’t like jefferson also didn’t have help from cook and thielen like lamb did with cooper, zeke (frankly wasnt close to what he had been last year) and Gallup 

15 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I would take Lamb over Reagor/Chinn.

You probably aren’t, but I’m still optimistic about Reagor being an impact deep threat. 

I know recently, maybe last year? Howie mentioned they would be avoiding players with injury history considering the constant injury issues on this team.

But in a draft lacking depth at so many positions I wonder if theyll need to roll the dice a bit more again on that stuff this year.

Id still stay away from Farley. But the stuff about Marshall maybe you dont care this year. Tylan Wallace's ACL.... Rondale Moore's injuries... McGrone and Mosley injuries... maybe you just have to take the good LB prospect if he is there because there are so few throughout this draft. And when you rule out guys with time lost due to injuries the pickings have to be really really slim.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

The funny thing about looking back at that potential trade up for Lamb is that people can point to Reagor/Hurts and say they’d rather have Lamb, but what if Howie stuck to the board and chose Chinn instead?

I’d rather have the Reagor/Chinn side, tbh.

if he stuck to the board, it would have been Jefferson and Chinn...

29 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I didn’t realize Cameron McGrone was that young. I’m back in!

A lot of guys with April 29th as their birthday.  That's nuts!

What is up with the NFL schedule not being released until May 12th?  This is the first time I remember it not happening until after the draft.  

9 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

if he stuck to the board, it would have been Jefferson and Chinn...

I suppose that’s true. 

2 hours ago, RLC said:

To go from 21 to 16 should have cost a 3, not a 2. Atlanta wanted way too much. 

Imagine where we'd be now if we gave up that 2 for Lamb.

For the record, I didn't want to do it.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He'd be injured just like everyone else

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Who in the hell could have imagined we’d spend a second round pick on a backup QB? This franchise, man...

Listening to Sirianni’s pre-draft press conference... The rock-paper-scissors thing was beyond stupid, but other than that it was pretty good. 

53 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What is up with the NFL schedule not being released until May 12th?  This is the first time I remember it not happening until after the draft.  

It was released last year after the draft. This year it’s probably they just needed more time to figure out the 17th game 

Has anyone seen a list of predraft workouts/visits? Feels like this year things are more hidden than even last year. 

52 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Has anyone seen a list of predraft workouts/visits? Feels like this year things are more hidden than even last year. 

BigEd hasn’t even been able to put much information in his thread this year.  It’s gonna be like Christmas morning as a kid when you have no idea what’s under the wrapping, and you open it up and say "WTF?”

image.thumb.jpeg.4b11b50c6dc92f8ee3530b2fd374add8.jpeg

7 hours ago, eagle45 said:

That's the thing.  Not only do we get CeeDee Lamb but Jalen Hurts is not an Eagle and maybe Carson Wentz doesn't go down the tube in 2020 and he's still the quarterback of the Eagles.

I’d be excited about Smith at 12. I don’t give a crap about his size, the guy freakin lit it up. 

14 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Sure. There’s being annoyed and there’s quitting watching sports over it. 

To each their own. Sports in an entertainment, if it's no longer entertaining to them they have every right to quit for whatever reason they choose.

11 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Believe it or not, I actually feel a bit better about the FO and the Hurts situation.  

My biggest concern was that they venture too far down the wrong path with a QB who isn't even a very good passer, transitioning to a running QB offense, which is a predictable, ill-fated gimmick.

1. They initially tried to mend fences and keep Wentz.

2. They kicked the tires on Russell Wilson.

3. They kicked the tires on Desaun Watson.

4. They kicked the tires on trading up for Zach Wilson.

5. Howie and Siri could not have sounded less committed to Hurts in their press conference.

Based on the writing on the wall, I'm pretty sure the FO doesn't like Hurts any more than we do.  (beats the hell out of all of us why they drafted him).   So under those circumstances, sure, hand him the keys for 2021, see how he does, and expect to be on the lookout for a real QB (which they are already doing).  If he surprises, great, but let it be a pleasant surprise.

So they drafted a guy they didn't like at the most important position on the field, knowing that the guy they spent millions on wouldn't like it and now they desperately are looking at anyone else who is available. And you feel better about them?

Pass the J bro 

Archived