EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Jerry Jones has a lot in common with quite a few TATErs that get all excited for shiny toys, but don't understand building a complete team.  

It would be one HELLUVA pick to add to that offense.  Still the rest of the draft to complete a team.  

I hate the thought of Pitts on the Cowboys. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Or just be mentally tougher and get over it. Bunch of whiners. 

Everyone has stuff that annoys them

45 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

The draft never turns out how we expect it to.  It's totally random.  Dudes we think will go in 1st round go in the 3rd and vice versa.

Well unless Horn kills someone in the next week, no way hes there at 23. So yes its unrealistic. Try a better, more realistic draft simulator cause PFF is known to be the worst one. 

8 minutes ago, greend said:

Everyone has stuff that annoys them

Sure. There’s being annoyed and there’s quitting watching sports over it. 

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That'd be hilarious if Dallas doesn't use their 1st rounder on defense

Why?  What if they get the best player in the draft and then spend the rest of their picks on defense? 

What if they drafted Jaycee Horn and then spent the rest on offense?

Get elite talent in the draft.  That's the goal.

What will be hilarious is if Dallas gets Kyle Pitts, The Giants take Penei Sewell, the Redskins get Trey Lance and the Eagles take Christian Barmore.

Jerry Jones has no defense and an aging OLine yet is going to try his best to take a slot receiver for the second year in a row 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Cowboys have arguably more talent in defense than the Eagles. 

Their play isn't showing that so it's likely the talent isn't talented

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Why?  What if they get the best player in the draft and then spend the rest of their picks on defense? 

What if they drafted Jaycee Horn and then spent the rest on offense?

Get elite talent in the draft.  That's the goal.

What will be hilarious is if Dallas gets Kyle Pitts, The Giants take Penei Sewell, the Redskins get Trey Lance and the Eagles take Christian Barmore.

That doesn't sound funny to me.  

5 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Jerry Jones has no defense and an aging OLine yet is going to try his best to take a slot receiver for the second year in a row 

The Eagles have no CB, you and me at WR, JAG LBs, huge questions at QB, $160 million invested at d-tackle and they are going to take Christian Barmore to add to the rotation.

If the Eagles had any track record or success at drafting I'd be more than happy to take digs at Jerry Jones for wanting the best player in the draft.

The Eagles were in prime position to get Pitts and they traded back.  I'm not saying Pitts is a savior, but numerous draft gurus, our own Ray Didinger included have him rated as the top player in the draft. 

I don't care if the Cowboys need help on defense.  If they get the best player in the draft, that SUCKS for the Eagles.  Especially since we can't cover anyone as it is.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

ESPN college football is decent.  

NHL back in the day and SN Baseball with Jon Miller and Joe Morgan.  

Oh yeah, SN Baseball was great with those guys.  

12 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Their play isn't showing that so it's likely the talent isn't talented

That doesn't sound funny to me.  

**** coaching will do that.  They have a new DC. 

All you kids whining about the draft coverage have never had to wait to read the newspaper the next day or sit and listen to a radio broadcast

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

All you kids whining about the draft coverage have never had to wait to read the newspaper the next day or sit and listen to a radio broadcast

Or go to the building where the team’s office was before the days of draft parties. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Oh, I've been there.  Back when the Harrisburg Patriot News had 7-day a week newspapers.  They used to have a transactions section in the back of the sports page.  I remember looking through it daily as a kid to find the NFL transactions to see if the Eagles signed anyone.

I'm almost 40 and it's pretty crazy how much things have changed since I was probably 10 years old or so.  

I'm in the thinking that we have too much information available to us now.  They've taken a good thing and gone too far.  I'd like to see things scaled back so it's more of a special occasion.  

I used to get SO excited for draft weekend.  I loved the Saturday/Sunday layout.  I would always go out and do yard work with my dad all morning, we would come in, have all of our Athlon Sports, Sporting News and other draft magazines laid out with a good lunch and we would watch the draft all day.  There was no twitter to spoil the pick.  Then on Sunday we'd go to church, I'd always come back curious to see if any trades were made before the back half of the draft.   Usually would flip from a 1pm Phillies game and the draft.

I remember one of my favorite draft memories was when they took Ray Farmer.  I loved watching him play at Duke.  I stepped away to do a chore, came back to the family room TV and they were showing Ray Farmer highlights and were discussing how he was going to be a linebacker...then the Eagles logo popped up and they said great pick for the Eagles.  I was so freaking happy as a kid to see my team get one of my favorite players.  That's kind of why I'm so anti Dallas getting Pitts.  I don't want the Cowboys getting my favorite player.  It sounds silly as a grown man but yes I have favorite players.  We all do.  

I still get excited for the draft but nothing like I used to.  Half of it is because of the format/overload/too many talking heads and the other half is knowing that Howie is going to mess things up.

55 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

It would be one HELLUVA pick to add to that offense.  Still the rest of the draft to complete a team.  

I hate the thought of Pitts on the Cowboys. 

I hate the thought of the Cowboys... but I don't fret Jerrah making splash moves at the expense of building a team.   People freaked out when they drafted CeeDee Lamb.  And what happened?   Nothing.

Overall, people worry too much about what the Cowboys do or do not do.  They haven't been relevant since 1996.  It's time for folks to just enjoy their follies and not fear them like they matter.   They do not. 

25 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

The Eagles have no CB, you and me at WR, JAG LBs, huge questions at QB, $160 million invested at d-tackle and they are going to take Christian Barmore to add to the rotation.

If the Eagles had any track record or success at drafting I'd be more than happy to take digs at Jerry Jones for wanting the best player in the draft.

The Eagles were in prime position to get Pitts and they traded back.  I'm not saying Pitts is a savior, but numerous draft gurus, our own Ray Didinger included have him rated as the top player in the draft. 

I don't care if the Cowboys need help on defense.  If they get the best player in the draft, that SUCKS for the Eagles.  Especially since we can't cover anyone as it is.

Just because the Eagles suck doesn’t mean I can’t make fun of another team, especially the cowboys. But you’re a Cowboy fan so I get why you’re offended 

16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

image.gif.68d6690004134484a6c43909e0fd1885.gif

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I hate the thought of the Cowboys... but I don't fret Jerrah making splash moves at the expense of building a team.   People freaked out when they drafted CeeDee Lamb.  And what happened?   Nothing.

Overall, people worry too much about what the Cowboys do or do not do.  They haven't been relevant since 1996.  It's time for folks to just enjoy their follies and not fear them like they matter.   They do not. 

CeeDee Lamb had almost 1000 yards and 6 TD with Dak only playing 5 games.  He's going to be a thorn in our sides for a long time.

5 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Just because the Eagles suck doesn’t mean I can’t make fun of another team, especially the cowboys. But you’re a Cowboy fan so I get why you’re offended 

Uh Ok GIFs | Tenor

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

image.gif.68d6690004134484a6c43909e0fd1885.gif

Lol, I'm not that old but things were a lot different 25-30 years ago 

I cant wait to watch the Eagles Draft reaction videos this year on youtube. The ones with Hurts being drafted last year were fun. 🤪

17 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Oh, I've been there.  Back when the Harrisburg Patriot News had 7-day a week newspapers.  They used to have a transactions section in the back of the sports page.  I remember looking through it daily as a kid to find the NFL transactions to see if the Eagles signed anyone.

I'm almost 40 and it's pretty crazy how much things have changed since I was probably 10 years old or so.  

I'm in the thinking that we have too much information available to us now.  They've taken a good thing and gone too far.  I'd like to see things scaled back so it's more of a special occasion.  

I used to get SO excited for draft weekend.  I loved the Saturday/Sunday layout.  I would always go out and do yard work with my dad all morning, we would come in, have all of our Athlon Sports, Sporting News and other draft magazines laid out with a good lunch and we would watch the draft all day.  There was no twitter to spoil the pick.  Then on Sunday we'd go to church, I'd always come back curious to see if any trades were made before the back half of the draft.   Usually would flip from a 1pm Phillies game and the draft.

I remember one of my favorite draft memories was when they took Ray Farmer.  I loved watching him play at Duke.  I stepped away to do a chore, came back to the family room TV and they were showing Ray Farmer highlights and were discussing how he was going to be a linebacker...then the Eagles logo popped up and they said great pick for the Eagles.  I was so freaking happy as a kid to see my team get one of my favorite players.  That's kind of why I'm so anti Dallas getting Pitts.  I don't want the Cowboys getting my favorite player.  It sounds silly as a grown man but yes I have favorite players.  We all do.  

I still get excited for the draft but nothing like I used to.  Half of it is because of the format/overload/too many talking heads and the other half is knowing that Howie is going to mess things up.

My dad used to let me skip school and listen to the draft with on the radio. Back when it was an afterthought on a tuesday.

mind you my dad wouldn’t call me out sick unless i was actively bleeding from my eyes and ears. 

they ruined it going to thursday night. I used to do an all weekend tailgate at my house when it was sat sun

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Lol, I'm not that old but things were a lot different 25-30 years ago 

Oh I’m from that generation. I remember. Lol

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

That’s the concern.  As a top half first round pick you’re counting on that player to be the alpha dog of the offense, the volume producer.  He’ll be absorbing a lot of contact.

There’s no question Smith would be the best WR the Eagles have the moment he steps on the field, so I’m not trying to say I’d be livid if he were the pick.  I’d be apprehensive, though.

Marvin harrison and others survived. He can too. He seems smart about it

Archived