Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

13 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

All you kids whining about the draft coverage have never had to wait to read the newspaper the next day or sit and listen to a radio broadcast

Wrong

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Jerry Jones has a lot in common with quite a few TATErs that get all excited for shiny toys, but don't understand building a complete team.  

So we say and yet he consistently drafts better than we do. His biggest trouble is finding a coach

8 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Imagine where we'd be now if we gave up that 2 for Lamb.

For the record, I didn't want to do it.

Imagine where this franchise would be if Howie and Co. didnt go rogue on draft days for the last few years.  Or had a clue that older, expensive players that were breaking down were not the answer, especially if it locked you in to them for years.

 

Lots of dominoes falling led to this point.

1 minute ago, greend said:

So we say and yet he consistently drafts better than we do. His biggest trouble is finding a coach

Yes, so we say... and they still are less relevant than the Jets.

9 hours ago, PhillyRockd said:

Why? Wentz is horrible, you don't know what you have I'm Jurts or Reagor.

 

I can't judge talent with such bad QB play. I don't know how anyone else could.

Stop posting high

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Imagine where this franchise would be if Howie and Co. didnt go rogue on draft days for the last few years.  Or had a clue that older, expensive players that were breaking down were not the answer, especially if it locked you in to them for years.

 

Lots of dominoes falling led to this point.

Yes, so we say... and they still are less relevant than the Jets.

It's not because they don't have talent. 

Just now, greend said:

It's not because they don't have talent. 

Correct.  But they still don't matter.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Correct.  But they still don't matter.

But, it's not because of "shiny new toys". He's great at that, he sucks at finding a coach and quite honestly I'm not so sure we don't either and we don't go for the shiny new toys either.

8 minutes ago, greend said:

But, it's not because of "shiny new toys". He's great at that, he sucks at finding a coach and quite honestly I'm not so sure we don't either and we don't go for the shiny new toys either.

It is partly due to shiny new toys, and ignoring the foundations.  Their OL will soon be a mess, their defense has been a mess for a long time, but he's loading up on weapons.

 

He did better when he was letting his son call the shots.

Percentage of accurate throws 10+ yards downfield (and ranks) since 2018, per @PFF:

1. Joe Burrow (57%) 
2. Justin Fields (56%)
3. Mac Jones (56%)

10. Tua Tagovailoa (52%)

19. Trevor Lawrence (48%)

51. Zach Wilson (45%) 

61. Justin Herbert (44%)

…

154. Trey Lance (36%

Now that is a block

 

 

Per Mark Dominik

All this #Cowboys love over Kyle Pitts seems like a smoke screen. No one says that much about a player and alerts everyone in the league they want him.  I like Pitts too but Dallas has a different player in mind

43 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Percentage of accurate throws 10+ yards downfield (and ranks) since 2018, per @PFF:

1. Joe Burrow (57%) 
2. Justin Fields (56%)
3. Mac Jones (56%)

10. Tua Tagovailoa (52%)

19. Trevor Lawrence (48%)

51. Zach Wilson (45%) 

61. Justin Herbert (44%)

…

154. Trey Lance (36%

When I watched Wilson play, I really didn’t feel I was watching a high round 1 qb.  Scouting reports sound great, but I didn’t care for what I was seeing.

Herbert had a fantastic rookie year (apparently, I didn’t really watch him), so I suppose this stat is not all-important.

59 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It is partly due to shiny new toys, and ignoring the foundations.  Their OL will soon be a mess, their defense has been a mess for a long time, but he's loading up on weapons.

 

He did better when he was letting his son call the shots.

I understand what you're saying but we can say the exact same thing about the Eagles.  How many first rounders in the past 20 years on OL and DL?  ignore LB, ignore CB, ignore safety.  Then they went 3-4 years with ZERO o-line picks.  Avoid running backs in historic draft classes.  Avoid d-tackle -in stacked classes.

The Eagles are just as guilty in neglecting positions, we just don't go after "shiny toys" at all.  We go for Jamesway or Hills special in Mack Hollins, Donnell Pumphrey and hope to strike gold in UDFA.

 

 

8 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Listening to Sirianni’s pre-draft press conference... The rock-paper-scissors thing was beyond stupid, but other than that it was pretty good. 

I was listening to multiple NY station hosts laughing and making fun of this... they all think the Eagles are basically a joke now.  They all expect the Eagles to be a train wreck, and who can blame them?  The comparisons with this guy are basically Adam Gase’s start with NY Jets or Jim Tomsula with the 49ers.  The all time greats.

I haven’t put much stock in the new coaching staff, as it really doesn’t matter on a team devoid of talent with serious issues at the top making the decisions.  I didn’t hate the hire or care that much about the awkward intro press conference.  But that Rock Paper Scissors Zoom competitiveness test is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard from any NFL head coach, ever.  So dumb on so many levels, it should have been really embarrassing, and yet this guy was proud of it.  He fits in perfectly with this clown show we have now.  If I was scouting these tests I’d gain something from how players reacted.... like those that cut the zoom off would not have had the lowest score.

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I understand what you're saying but we can say the exact same thing about the Eagles.  How many first rounders in the past 20 years on OL and DL?  ignore LB, ignore CB, ignore safety.  Then they went 3-4 years with ZERO o-line picks.  Avoid running backs in historic draft classes.  Avoid d-tackle -in stacked classes.

The Eagles are just as guilty in neglecting positions, we just don't go after "shiny toys" at all.  We go for Jamesway or Hills special in Mack Hollins, Donnell Pumphrey and hope to strike gold in UDFA.

 

 

Of course.   My point is, for all their shiny toys, Dallas has been less successful than the Cardinals and Jets in the playoffs over the last 20 years.  And only 5 teams are worse.   My point is that worrying about what Dallas does or doesn't do in the draft is pointless.   Whatever they do, it doesn't help them in the end.   And while the Eagles have sucked at drafting, especially recently, they are in the upper echelon of success in the playoffs in the league.   

 

I find this team exceedingly frustrating, and hate what I see Howie doing most of the time recently.   But, worrying about Dallas is the least of our concerns.  This team needs to focus on themselves.  The fanbase needs to hold this team accountable for their own stupid, not measured against what the Cowboys do.   For example, not trading up for CeeDee Lamb was not the Eagles' problem in the last draft.   The fact that they spent their first three picks on Reagor, Hurts and Taylor was their problem.  Not selecting DK Metcalf in Round 2 wasn't their biggest problem in the draft before that... their problem was that they drafted JJAW at all.   In other words, the Eagles' evaluation process is all screwed up.  That's the problem.    Other teams are going to draft good players, there's just no way around that.  But, the Eagles need to draft good players for themselves.. and those players need to fit the team's structure, style and culture - not be guys that don't fit for whatever reason like when trading for Golden Tate or Genard Avery.   The Eagles' problems are great enough without layering on anything else.    And that's why I quoted Grant.  Successful people focus more on what they are doing, not what their competition does.

Per pff

Trey Lance had a 44.1% accurate pass rate beyond the line of scrimmage in 2019 & 2020

That would be the worst % by a 1st RD QB since 2017

Josh Allen was a recent exception , but it’s hard to teach accuracy 

The whole rock, paper, scissors thing is being waaaay overblown.  On a Zoom (or whatever) call, you have little opportunity to read the body language of the person at the other end.  So randomly playing a game as simple as rock, paper, scissors or tic tac toe can elicit different responses in people. Especially when agents and players will talk to each other about the contents of interviews and prepare other for it.  I can't be the only person, when interviewing candidates remotely, that deliberately asks a random question or two to get people off of their script.

Gotta keep people on their toes haven't you?

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Of course.   My point is, for all their shiny toys, Dallas has been less successful than the Cardinals and Jets in the playoffs over the last 20 years.  And only 5 teams are worse.   My point is that worrying about what Dallas does or doesn't do in the draft is pointless.   Whatever they do, it doesn't help them in the end.   And while the Eagles have sucked at drafting, especially recently, they are in the upper echelon of success in the playoffs in the league.   

 

I find this team exceedingly frustrating, and hate what I see Howie doing most of the time recently.   But, worrying about Dallas is the least of our concerns.  This team needs to focus on themselves.  The fanbase needs to hold this team accountable for their own stupid, not measured against what the Cowboys do.   For example, not trading up for CeeDee Lamb was not the Eagles' problem in the last draft.   The fact that they spent their first three picks on Reagor, Hurts and Taylor was their problem.  Not selecting DK Metcalf in Round 2 wasn't their biggest problem in the draft before that... their problem was that they drafted JJAW at all.   In other words, the Eagles' evaluation process is all screwed up.  That's the problem.    Other teams are going to draft good players, there's just no way around that.  But, the Eagles need to draft good players for themselves.. and those players need to fit the team's structure, style and culture - not be guys that don't fit for whatever reason like when trading for Golden Tate or Genard Avery.   The Eagles' problems are great enough without layering on anything else.    And that's why I quoted Grant.  Successful people focus more on what they are doing, not what their competition does.

My extreme dislike for Dallas, NYG or WFT getting good players is not worrying about them though.  I think that's where some of our back and forth gets mixed up.

I just hate seeing our rivals draft good players, regardless of need, regardless of their coaching and regardless of their final records when the Eagles fail to add high end talent.  

1 minute ago, UK Eagle said:

The whole rock, paper, scissors thing is being waaaay overblown.  On a Zoom (or whatever) call, you have little opportunity to read the body language of the person at the other end.  So randomly playing a game as simple as rock, paper, scissors or tic tac toe can elicit different responses in people. Especially when agents and players will talk to each other about the contents of interviews and prepare other for it.  I can't be the only person, when interviewing candidates remotely, that deliberately asks a random question or two to get people off of their script.

Gotta keep people on their toes haven't you?

even when you try to explain it it sounds ridiculous, sorry

Many other ways to keep them on their toes 

Maybe other HCs will incorporate rps during interviews in the future  , to determine a prospects competitiveness , I’m sure coaches around the league are saying , why didn’t we think of this .

we are about as dysfunctional in the front office/ coaching staff today as I can recall in the past 25+ years. Not since before Lurie bought the team have we been this dysfunctional. And there have been bad times to be sure, during that almost 30 year span (Chip Kelly, Rich Kotite eras, the end of Ray Rhodes era, the end of Reids era etc.)....   but this is the worst. and that says a lot, i expect this will take a few years and massive organizational changes to correct, because it all starts at the top with HOWIE) 

18 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The whole rock, paper, scissors thing is being waaaay overblown.  On a Zoom (or whatever) call, you have little opportunity to read the body language of the person at the other end.  So randomly playing a game as simple as rock, paper, scissors or tic tac toe can elicit different responses in people. Especially when agents and players will talk to each other about the contents of interviews and prepare other for it.  I can't be the only person, when interviewing candidates remotely, that deliberately asks a random question or two to get people off of their script.

Gotta keep people on their toes haven't you?

Said that the other day as well. Could also be a silly thing to get players to relax a bit, too. Some people, regardless of their play or ability, don't like getting pounded with questions for an hour at a time.

It's definitely goofy, but it's been taken way too seriously in here.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.