EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If horn and surtain off the board it’s gotta be newsome. I can’t see them taking Farley at 12 with those injuries. 

I'd be okay with it honestly. Think Newsome is a good player. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If there was really a great safety in this draft I could see it. I dont think theyd take Moehrig that high. 

One other thing to consider is an LB who is NOT Parsons. 

I can’t see them taking a lb. i can in the second round and even 3rd. I have a hard time seeing them spend a first on a linebacker. They just don’t value that position to take it in the first. 

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

When I speed read Stacey Dales I immediately read it as Duce Staley.

I just did the same thing with your post :D

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I can’t see them taking a lb. in the second round and even 3rd. I have a hard time seeing them spend a first on a linebacker. They just don’t value that position to take it in the first. 

But, that seems to be the point of the tweet. A susprising position will be drafted in round 1. Thats a position that isnt really a need right now but is in the future, like C, or DT. Or its a position you dont expect them to ever pick so high like RB or LB. Or Kicker or Punter.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

But, that seems to be the point of the tweet. A susprising position will be drafted in round 1. Thats a position that isnt really a need right now but is in the future, like C, or DT. Or its a position you dont expect them to ever pick so high like RB or LB. Or Kicker or Punter.

I would say lb is definitely a need right now. Singleton is a one year starter so who knows how he’ll be going forward. Wilson is ok and on a One year deal. Have nothing behind them . They could for sure use an upgrade over both of those guys now and in the future. Plus they spent a 3rd rounder on Taylor last year who’s coming off his injury. 

Howie has done a good job confusing other teams, and the media, in terms of what we should do.

I'm less confident he'll be able to select the right player at 12.

Just now, RLC said:

Howie has done a good job confusing other teams, and the media, in terms of what we should do.

I'm less confident he'll be able to select the right player at 12.

he's been confusing the fan base since the superbowl , i believe his ego got the best of him.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would say lb is definitely a need right now. Singleton is a one year starter. Wilson is ok. They could for sure use an upgrade over both of those guys now and in the future. 

yep. BUT a position you wouldnt expect in round 1. so it fits the tweet.

And if its not Parsons, that makes it even more wild because hes the unanimous #1 LB. But you can be certain hes not on the eagles board so itd have to be someone else fans will complain is a reach. Would be totally wild and out of left field, both position AND player.

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

So which prospect do you think the Eagles zoomed today because they didnt expect him to be at 12?

Gotta get in one last game of RPS

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

And if its not Parsons, that makes it even more wild because hes the unanimous #1 LB. But you can be certain hes not on the eagles board so itd have to be someone else fans will complain is a reach. Would be totally wild and out of left field, both position AND player.

Depends on what they mean by position you wouldn’t expect. Position you wouldn’t expect the eagles to normally take. Or expect based off what their current roster looks like. For instance DE is fine for this year as you have Barnett, Graham and sweat. So position you wouldn’t expect would be DE cause at the current moment they are fine but forward it’s a need. 

Nobody has a clue, including Howie.

Because until we see how the first 7-8 picks unfold, Howie has no idea if he's trading up.

And if things don't work out, he won't know who is available until he gets to #12, and if he gets a better trade offer than the player he's left with, then he has no idea who'll be available later in the draft.

You're not drafting a position, you're draft a player.

18 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Rob should be a primary host on 97.5.  Best host on that station and they have him relegated to random weekend hours. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

McShay has JOK higher. (Ironically #12 on his list.)

And Owusu-Koramoah profiles more like Darius Leonard.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Depends on what they mean by position you wouldn’t expect. Position you wouldn’t expect the eagles to normally take. Or expect based off what their current roster looks like. For instance DE is fine for this year as you have Barnett, Graham and sweat. So position you wouldn’t expect would be DE cause at the current moment they are fine but forward it’s a need. 

Yeah. I gave examples of both. Current roster would be DT or C. Not normally drafted in round 1 would be LB and RB.

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

could see Newsom. I brought up that possibility a day or two ago. 

With a trade back I would be very happy with Newsome.

10 minutes ago, RLC said:

And most importantly, himself. 

17 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

anybody watching nfl network? they are talking to zach wilson and live tv caught him camel toe peeking at melissa stark

can't blame him SHE IS SMOKING!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, austinfan said:

For once you speak the truth

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah. I gave examples of both. Current roster would be DT or C. Not normally drafted in round 1 would be LB and RB.

Would be the biggest shock if it were a LB or RB. I tend to believe it’s current roster would make you think they’d need.

I feel like it could be paye or barmore the more i think about how it’s discussed. 

i think they want to actually deal up for surtain/horn. Don’t think that’s gonna happen tho

Pitts happens to be wearing Packers colors. When they trade Rodgers for the 3rd pick I guess theyll pick him.

Phillips could be the DE left field pick. if his medical cleared.

i still think its a CB with a fallback to WR or Slater

10 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Because until we see how the first 7-8 picks unfold, Howie has no idea if he's trading up.

And if things don't work out, he won't know who is available until he gets to #12, and if he gets a better trade offer than the player he's left with, then he has no idea who'll be available later in the draft.

You're not drafting a position, you're draft a player.

You could have stopped right there.

I wanted to listen to Caplan/Mosher for their tidbits, but they're so ignorant about analytics I had to turn it off. The idea that analytics don't help at all in the draft is absurd.

Archived