Eagles and Doug Pederson "part ways" - All discussion here

phil77

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It's going to be interesting to see.  I don't see them repeating that structure and having some good candidates to choose from.  We will see.

The fact they didn’t move on from Howie to me feels like they already failed. 

55 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Both screwed Wentz over. Howie gave Wentz freaking JJAW as a weapon and gave that snake Alshon that horrible contract

JJaw actually made plays when he had a QB who was willing to throw him the ball.

Just now, Uscg-green said:

At least we get to keep Wentz. Some won't like that but he's the best choice. Hopefully he will regain himself next season. 

I know it sounds weird, but in my mind this actually increases the chances of him leaving. Because now the Eagles are in a position to drive the asking price up to a level where a trade can actually happen.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sure we all have bosses, but we also have options. We can choose not to work in an oppressive situation especially if we have the power to choose we’re we want to go. Do you think for a moment Belicheat would work under Howie Roseman? 

Some have more leverage than others. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The fact they didn’t move on from Howie to me feels like they already failed. 

Let's see if that holds.  It was just a few hours ago that most here were deadset that Doug wasn't going anywhere.  I think it's a longshot, but stranger things have happened.

1 minute ago, vaff said:

JJaw actually made plays when he had a QB who was willing to throw him the ball.

Really now? 

54 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

If it's true dp was told to tank and got fired anyway why would he want the job knowing he's a potential scapegoat and howie snakes his way out every year... I wouldn't want the job if it's true Howie didn't listen to the scouts and passed on Jefferson... Screw Howie 

Wait... you wouldn't want a greater pay grade and status? Really?

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's got some dodgy pictures for sure. 

Something isn’t right. There’s no way that guy should still be here. He hasn’t drafted an all pro level defensive player since Reid left. 

3 minutes ago, vaff said:

No he didn't. Guys a bust with a capital B. No QB is changing that. 

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

At least we get to keep Wentz. Some won't like that but he's the best choice. Hopefully he will regain himself next season. 

Don't be so sure about that......

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Some have more leverage than others. 

That’s my point bud. The guys with little to no leverage are the ones you can expect here. 

14 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If Lurie is honest about doing what is best for the future of this organization, then he needs to can Howie too and start fresh with a new GM and new HC.

The part that made me gag was having "an exceptionally strong group of people in this organization who can help set us up for future success".         Are you f***king kidding me?

5 minutes ago, judunno said:

Wait... you wouldn't want a greater pay grade and status? Really?

How long do you really think it will last especially in a situation where it doesn't look good for your outcome... You think Duce wouldn't be better off somewhere else? As long as Howie is here we are going to be a mess 

Just now, EaglesfanfromND said:

Don't be so sure about that......

Do you know something we dont?  Any scoops from the insiders in ND? 🙂

Didn't see this coming, but it needed to happen. The Dallas loss was the final straw for me. I wonder what happens with Wentz now?

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I think he wanted to be fired. I have a bad feeling we will watch Doug win elsewhere while we are stuck with Chip Kelly redux.

23 minutes ago, mjkvol said:

What I would find hysterical if it wasn't so hard to believe is that Lurie was unhappy with Pederson's plan and vision, yet he is evidently satisfied with the way that Roseman has handled drafts and the roster as a whole, as well as the cap situation.          To the point that he is entrusting him to hire yet another head coach and resurrect a roster over which he has overseen the decimation.           Complete madness.

Yuuuup.

Just now, manz2821 said:

Do you know something we dont?  Any scoops from the insiders in ND? 🙂

Nope just a hunch.

As I said many times before, Lurie now has the perfect chance to reset the organisation. He needs to let Howie go - he is far more responsible than anyone else for the Eagles decline. These changes won’t mean much unless we get a new GM.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Something isn’t right. There’s no way that guy should still be here. He hasn’t drafted an all pro level defensive player since Reid left. 

Its disgraceful. Honestly I'm so disappointed by this for so many reasons. 

14 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Meaning, "thank God I don't have to work with that weasel Howie anymore!!"

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Let's see if that holds.  It was just a few hours ago that most here were deadset that Doug wasn't going anywhere.  I think it's a longshot, but stranger things have happened.

If they were going to fire Howie then that has to happen before Doug. The next GM is the one who should be making that choice. Honestly I do hope you’re right, but I just don’t see it. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Its disgraceful. Honestly I'm so disappointed by this for so many reasons. 

I can’t say Doug had a good year coaching either. He didn’t and was bad, but the fact Howie still has his job after his performance since his return is dubious. 

9 minutes ago, vaff said:

Lol seriously? He had 2 freaking catches with Hurts

Quit your hating already

Archived