Eagles and Doug Pederson "part ways" - All discussion here

phil77

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Eh, I agree with the Roseman thing, but if Doug’s big plans for fixing the offense was to make Taylor the OC, he had to go. 

Sounds like Doug wanted out anyways. I can’t say I blame him when you’re looking for DK and your GM give you JJAW.

1 minute ago, SBorBust said:

I don’t think Wentz nor Howie quite understand how toxic this environment is going to be next season. If they don’t start 3-0 I don’t think they’re man enough to handle it.

Legit shot at a 0-16 type of year.

Likely not going to happen given the crap division but this is a dumpster fire team.

Just now, SBorBust said:

It’s troubling how accurate these leaks have been. There weren’t many people involved in this conversation.

Front office probably leaked it to get out ahead of things.

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Eh, I agree with the Roseman thing, but if Doug’s big plans for fixing the offense was to make Taylor the OC, he had to go. 

Yea our offense just wasn’t bad in 2020, it’s been bad since 2017. Doug is responsible, along with others but this vanilla looking crap has been frustrating. And no one in our building seems to know how to design plays either 

Just now, judunno said:

Front office probably leaked it to get out ahead of things.

Could've been either side, but definitely leakage.

Just now, DevilMayRage said:

Likely not going to happen given the crap division but this is a dumpster fire team.

Haha, way to overreact! 😂

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I hope Wentz isn't holding his benching against Doug. He deserved it by that point and even earlier than that. If Carson's only reason for the Doug hate is  that, then Wentz needs to go. Now if it's about the system Doug was running and lack of adjustments, then I would get it.

Who cares about him holding anything against Doug. If they’re firing Doug because they’re catering to Wentz then I’m far more concerned. 

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

I hope Wentz isn't holding his benching against Doug. He deserved it by that point and even earlier than that.

Doug benched him and didn't tell him.  He sat on the sidelines wondering what was happening.  

Sorry, that's unprofessional in any line of work.   Wentz did deserve to be benched, but also deserved to be TOLD he was being benched.

I still say this: the Eagles franchise invested a lot of money and time into Carson Wentz.  Over most of his career he's been a good and at times an elite QB.  Doug's success in 2017 probably had more to do with his assistants than it did with him, I think we all recognize that.  We had to pick one.  The choice was obvious!!

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sounds like Doug wanted out anyways. I can’t say I blame him when you’re looking for DK and your GM give you JJAW.

Doug Fired in a pandemic year, Browns win a playoff game, insurrection... crazy times.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Who cares about him holding anything against Doug. If they’re firing Doug because they’re catering to Wentz then I’m far more concerned. 

That's what I'm getting at. If Wentz can't take criticism, coaching and a deserving benching, then he needs to go, too. 

1 minute ago, DevilMayRage said:

Ironically it seems like first year head coaches seem to come in here and initially do well fairly early. I don’t foresee a winless future especially in this crap division. 

Just now, EricAllenPick6 said:

Doug benched him and didn't tell him.  He sat on the sidelines wondering what was happening.  

Sorry, that's unprofessional in any line of work.   Wentz did deserve to be benched, but also deserved to be TOLD he was being benched.

I still say this: the Eagles franchise invested a lot of money and time into Carson Wentz.  Over most of his career he's been a good and at times an elite QB.  Doug's success in 2017 probably had more to do with his assistants than it did with him, I think we all recognize that.  We had to pick one.  The choice was obvious!!

He should be told. But, he also should know how bad he has been. Brian Flores would've benched him in Week 4.

Behind the eight-ball, now. No head coach, no defensive coordinator, a bunch of leftover consultants which translates to no official OC. Next head coach will bring his own team & put Howie Rosemancantmindurdangbizness back in the basement.  He’s probably shaking in his shorts if Jeff Lurie suddenly sends him a text to come down & meet him in Florida...

Just now, EricAllenPick6 said:

Agreed. And with Hurts benching the same thing. Why the f.. wouldn't you tell your QB you planned to give Sudfeld some time, if that's how it was?

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And probably all to try and salvage Wentz. Yikes.

This was probably Howie's last bargaining chip. Good luck finding a coach that will fix that disaster. 

If it is any college coach worth a damn (Riley or Day) I think Wentz is gone and that coach has the green light to draft a QB. We will see how this shakes out

Howie will continue to ruin the team. Jeffrey will continue to keep Howie at all costs.

Dark days ahead.

1 minute ago, judunno said:

Doug Fired in a pandemic year, Browns win a playoff game, insurrection... crazy times.

Whatever they do, it would be wise for them to let the new coach pick his staff. Knowing them it’s highly unlikely they will. 

7 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Depends on who replaces. We are behind in the coaching search. Should have done this a week ago. Unless Lurie and Howie got their guy secretly. Maybe Urban? 

We are not behind IF the man they want is already in the Building. Just make him HC, and then bring in a real OC and a new QB Coach. 

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

That's what I'm getting at. If Wentz can't take criticism, coaching and a deserving benching, then he needs to go, too. 

Whose to say Wentz didn’t go cry the blues up to Lurie about how the playcalling sucks and our game plans are high school level. I’m not taking Wentz side but there’s tons of info we don’t know yet or may never know

Maybe Dorsey gets incharge of players and Howie for the cap only?  That will make some sense to me.

5 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

We are not behind IF the man they want is already in the Building. Just make him HC, and then bring in a real OC and a new QB Coach. 

Who the hell is in the building qualified to be a HC? Duce needs a shot at Oc first. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Luries firing reasons are inconsistent.

He gave kelly all the power enough rope to hang himself and he did so out he went, then with doug just the opposite strip him of all responsibility give all the power to the GM then when doug fails fire him instead if the guy making all the choices.

Just stupid stuff, I'm beginning to think Howie is Luries secret boy toy cuz doesn't add up how Howie has outlasted 3 coaches.

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

This was probably Howie's last bargaining chip. Good luck finding a coach that will fix that disaster. 

If it is any college coach worth a damn (Riley or Day) I think Wentz is gone and that coach has the green light to draft a QB. We will see how this shakes out

Great point...the incoming coach will have to likely take on the "fix Wentz" project instead of draft my own QB in my vision of building a team.

This sadly limits the hiring options.

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

I've heard that argument before, and I don't think so.

I think plenty of coaches would like to "fix" a franchise that had a terrible year. Especially one that has plenty of good pieces in place (Yeah. We do!).

Archived