Eagles and Doug Pederson "part ways" - All discussion here

phil77

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

This season is a culmination of several frustrating seasons. Still the Eagles look bad firing their coach after one losing season twice now. Seriously how can a coach worth his salt would want to be here? 

Well I don’t dispute the claims that Doug was tired of being told what to do, but Doug didn’t help himself either. Doug could have held his assistants more accountable and demanded better, and if better was not met then you would be fired. Doug was too loyal to his staff and time ran out for him. 

3 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Being reported that Doug and Howie disagreed on personnel.  I think when Doug when realized that Howie was staying decided he had enough.

I would, who wants to be in a managerial position where they have zero say in anything and get blamed when things go wrong.

If I were doug I would have done exactly what he did, I would have said this sucks I'm going to make some ridiculous suggestions like Press to OC and Undlin to DC and that for sure will get me fired so it doesn't look like I quit.

Lurie needs to get rid of Howie as he's not going to find a coach that wants to work under that power structure and if they do that coach won't last long or will want out.

Be much easier to fire howie 

1 minute ago, Infam said:

I think all in all Mr. Roseman did a pretty decent job. Not flawless, but not too bad neither.

I know, I am pretty alone with that opinion.. its still true though if you look at it without your anger over a terrible season.

Alone GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just now, Infam said:

Even on rookie contracts, I think we got some guys. Mailata looked good, Sanders, Goedert.. And we won't cut all of our vets.

Mailata looked better than we could have expected and there's hope there. Sanders can't be the lead back it seems and Goedert well he didn't exactly have this huge year despite Ertz fading away. 

Somewhere in this universe, this 😎 wickedly saying; "!what did I tell ya ?...I told you so...” 

not going to mention names; Mike Lombar... I mean, SBtrophy...

D0439C50-1502-4645-AB56-80436160EA92.thumb.gif.d9d88cfda6c7923107cac3fd9b475a3f.gif

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And they rolled him out there in front of the media last week with Howie. I mean again it just looks like a complete mess of a situation really. 

Not only that they basically put it all on Doug with that Washington game. They basically hung him out to dry just like they did last year by letting him do that interview and then promptly firing his guys. 

4 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I wonder if they take into account the fanbase. Your franchise QB should be beloved. If Wentz comes back, he is in for 16 road games because of these reports/rumors. This relationship with the fanbase affects the bottom line. Its going to be a tough decision to make

Play well and they will love him up

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Not only that they basically put it all on Doug with that Washington game. They basically hung him out to dry just like they did last year by letting him do that interview and then promptly firing his guys. 

Yeah I mean unfortunately that's the way he's been treated here isn't it. I actually really feel sorry for the guy. I'm not saying this is the wrong decision but if you're Doug what must you be thinking right now. 

1 minute ago, Maga301 said:

Well I don’t dispute the claims that Doug was tired of being told what to do, but Doug didn’t help himself either. Doug could have held his assistants more accountable and demanded better, and if better was not met then you would be fired. Doug was too loyal to his staff and time ran out for him. 

Lurie is too loyal to Howie if you ask me. How does that guy keep screwing up, but getting chance after chance? 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean unfortunately that's the way he's been treated here isn't it. I actually really feel sorry for the guy. I'm not saying this is the wrong decision but if you're Doug what must you be thinking right now. 

I don’t feel sorry for him. I mean they paid him a lot of money, and I’ll alway appreciate the Super Bowl, but I’m sure Doug will land on his feet. I’m far more concerned with the current state of the Eagles than Doug and his future.

Q: How many Pro Bowl players has Howie drafted in the last 7 seasons?
A: One. Carson Wentz in 2016.

But it must be a coaching issue...

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Mailata looked better than we could have expected and there's hope there. Sanders can't be the lead back it seems and Goedert well he didn't exactly have this huge year despite Ertz fading away. 

If I remember correctly, Goedert was our highest rated player by PFF.. And Sanders could be a perfect lightning to whomever we find that is the thunder..

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We need to find a way to succeed without having star power at every position. That means better coaching. Look at the teams in the playoffs right now, most don’t have great players at every position. We need coaches to get the best out of the players no matter if your a 4th round pick. 

30 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d rather they blow the entire coaching staff out. 

Stoutland is a good offensive line coach.

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Who cares about him holding anything against Doug. If they’re firing Doug because they’re catering to Wentz then I’m far more concerned. 

That is my concern RIGHT THERE!!

I really hope that isn't the case.....

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie’s outlasted more than just the coaches. Look back in the Eagles history and you will see all the FO/NFL minds he outlasted too. 

Yup its amazing and Scary that a non football bean counter has outlasted so many guys with so more much experience In football and the NFL. 

I've never really liked howie, even after 2017 I slept with one eyed open cuz snakes don't change their scales, well, except when they shed their skin but underneath they're still snakes.

Howie is a snake apparently a durable one.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t feel sorry for him. I mean they paid him a lot of money, and I’ll alway appreciate the Super Bowl, but I’m sure Doug will land on his feet. I’m far more concerned with the current state of the Eagles than Doug and his future.

What i mean is... He must look at this and think "how is it that I'm fired but that weasel remains".

What I would find hysterical if it wasn't so hard to believe is that Lurie was unhappy with Pederson's plan and vision, yet he is evidently satisfied with the way that Roseman has handled drafts and the roster as a whole, as well as the cap situation.          To the point that he is entrusting him to hire yet another head coach and resurrect a roster over which he has overseen the decimation.           Complete madness.

8 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Your franchise QB should be beloved

This is Philly. That never happens. 

1 minute ago, SBorBust said:

Yeah he’s not the only one. 

10 minutes ago, Djkenny13 said:

I think the main reason Howie keeps his job is Bc of the Eagles Cap situation. Although they can roll money over from this year, who else can get them out of this situation? Thats a main reason I think he’s safe 

So the same guy that got then into cap hell is supposed to get them out of it? This isn't the early to mid 90's anymore. There are lots of capologists out there that can do better than Howie. Howie is there because he is bff's with the owner. Thats it. 

1 minute ago, SBorBust said:

And we’re gonna need him because I got a feeling Kelce is retiring and we don’t know what to do with Dillard if Malaita is our LT. 

1 hour ago, paco said:

Lets see:

Our owner is now churning through head coaches every 3 or so years

Our owner is best buds with the GM and fires said coaches over removing the incompetent GM

The GM, in order to make splashy moves, pushes money in to future cap years

The GM also blows draft picks on aging veterans instead of focusing on building through the draft.

If I were to compare this situation to another team, it would be the 2000's R-words with Snyder and Cerrato.  What did that get them?  A lot of 5 or 6 win seasons with a 9 win season sprinkled in.  

Buckle up fellow fans, the league is about to go in on us dry.

We've become the Washington Redskins. 

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hard to know,we gave Duce ONE RB and a PS guy and we didn't use either much and we had no Oline to open holes. So until we have some pieces,I can't say Duce is good or bad because there is not enough info

Yeah you're right. I am sure they will interview Duce for the job, but I would hate to see him hired and he falls flat.

Archived