Eagles and Doug Pederson "part ways" - All discussion here

phil77

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

That's what I'm getting at. If Wentz can't take criticism, coaching and a deserving benching, then he needs to go, too. 

If that guy has the power over the coaches then I don’t see any coach worth his salt wanting this job. 

1 minute ago, Maga301 said:

Whose to say Wentz didn’t go cry the blues up to Lurie about how the playcalling sucks and our game plans are high school level. I’m not taking Wentz side but there’s tons of info we don’t know yet or may never know

What you’re writing is kind of worse. Is this guy really going behind the coaches back to the owner to complain about the coaches? If he has that kind of power then he’s completely uncoachable. 

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Luries firing reasons are inconsistent.

He gave kelly all the power enough rope to hang himself and he did so out he went, then with doug just the opposite strip him of all responsibility give all the power to the GM then when doug fails fire him instead if the guy making all the choices.

Just stupid stuff, I'm beginning to think Howie is Luries secret boy toy cuz doesn't add up how Howie has outlasted 3 coaches.

Being reported that Doug and Howie disagreed on personnel.  I think when Doug when realized that Howie was staying decided he had enough.

Thank you for bringing the 1st ever Super Bowl Championship to the city of Philadelphia!  You did what no other coach in the history of Philadelphia was able to do!  Thank you for everything you have done for this organization over the past 5 years and thank you for being among the nicest, most sincere and loyal coaches this city has ever had the pleasure of having. 

You were under-appreciated when you were hired, even mocked by many "experts" but you proved them ALL wrong by winning the Super Bowl the very next year with a backup QB names Nick Foles.  You will always and forever be remembered among "The Greats" in this city!

I wish you the best and continued success wherever you go!!!

THANK YOU COACH PEDERSON!

Eagles' Doug Pederson coaches game of his life in winning Super Bowl

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Luries firing reasons are inconsistent.

He gave kelly all the power enough rope to hang himself and he did so out he went, then with doug just the opposite strip him of all responsibility give all the power to the GM then when doug fails fire him instead if the guy making all the choices.

Just stupid stuff, I'm beginning to think Howie is Luries secret boy toy cuz doesn't add up how Howie has outlasted 3 coaches.

Howie’s outlasted more than just the coaches. Look back in the Eagles history and you will see all the FO/NFL minds he outlasted too. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

If that guy has the power over the coaches then I don’t see any coach worth his salt wanting this job. 

What you’re writing is kind of worse. Is this guy really going behind the coaches back to the owner to complain about the coaches? If he has that kind of power then he’s completely uncoachable. 

Oh I don’t disagree, but we’re talking about a frustrating season here. Coaches and players did not seem to be on the same page ever. This whole season was a cluster, expect the unexpected 

I think the main reason Howie keeps his job is Bc of the Eagles Cap situation. Although they can roll money over from this year, who else can get them out of this situation? Thats a main reason I think he’s safe 

I hope our new coach comes in and declares an open competition at the QB spot. I think wentz can rebound if he is coached right, but if he doesn't, I do not want him getting the job just cause we owe him big bucks. Let the best player play. 

I know we're pretty much all in agreement, but yet again it seems like Howie Roseman being a human hemorrhoid was yet again a huge issue. 

3 minutes ago, DevilMayRage said:

Great point...the incoming coach will have to likely take on the "fix Wentz" project instead of draft my own QB in my vision of building a team.

This sadly limits the hiring options.

Yeah how do you fix a player who doesn’t believe he needs to be fixed, and if he doesn’t like what you’re saying could get you fired? 

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

I've heard that argument before, and I don't think so.

I think plenty of coaches would like to "fix" a franchise that had a terrible year. Especially one that has plenty of good pieces in place (Yeah. We do!).

Aside from a handful of players, we have no clue who is going to survive when Howie starts cutting players to hit the cap. Not only does he need to find a way to free up $50M but he still needs more space for the rookie they draft.

50 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Wow...

Who is going to want this job? Its a terrible job.

1. Bad GM
  2. No ability to hire staff
  3. Old Team
  4. No Cap Space
  5. "Franchise QB" that is overpaid and arrogant
  6. Refer to #1

Still one of the premier jobs in the NFL.  Take the bumps next year and get to mold the team thereafter.

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Who the hell is in the building qualified to be a HC? Dice needs a shot at Oac first. 

Yep, Duce. My line of thinking is that Andy was not an OC before he became a HC. Harbaugh was a ST Coach, not a Coordinator. So it can be done.

Duce does NOT need to be an OC before he becomes a HC, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Whatever they do, it would be wise for them to let the new coach pick his staff. Knowing them it’s highly unlikely they will. 

You're probably right with the continued overreach considering that they caught lightening in a bottle where all the stars aligned and they got a ring out of it.

7 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

This was probably Howie's last bargaining chip. Good luck finding a coach that will fix that disaster. 

If it is any college coach worth a damn (Riley or Day) I think Wentz is gone and that coach has the green light to draft a QB. We will see how this shakes out

Howie probably isn't even feeling the pinch that's the joke!

I don't think there's a young bright coach out there that will want to touch this situation. I hope I'm wrong. 

Yeah how do you fix a player who doesn’t believe he needs to be fixed, and if he doesn’t like what you’re saying could get you fired? 

I wonder if they take into account the fanbase. Your franchise QB should be beloved. If Wentz comes back, he is in for 16 road games because of these reports/rumors. This relationship with the fanbase affects the bottom line. Its going to be a tough decision to make

I think all in all Mr. Roseman did a pretty decent job. Not flawless, but not too bad neither.

I know, I am pretty alone with that opinion.. its still true though if you look at it without your anger over a terrible season.

With the firing, they'll take a WR with their 1st day pick and Wentz will be given another shot/year to iron out his sh!t play, with a receiver that can....well....make plays.  If he doesn't improve with the OLine healthy and a decent receiver, he'll be gone.

2 minutes ago, Maga301 said:

Oh I don’t disagree, but we’re talking about a frustrating season here. Coaches and players did not seem to be on the same page ever. This whole season was a cluster, expect the unexpected 

This season is a culmination of several frustrating seasons. Still the Eagles look bad firing their coach after one losing season twice now. Seriously how can a coach worth his salt would want to be here? 

4 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Being reported that Doug and Howie disagreed on personnel.  I think when Doug when realized that Howie was staying decided he had enough.

Everyone disagrees with Howie on personnel.  He pulled off two of the strangest drafts in league history in the past two years.  

7 minutes ago, psychodog said:

Good move by Lurie.  Too bad he didn't send Howie packing, also.

YET.....

This season is a culmination of several frustrating seasons. Still the Eagles look bad firing their coach after one losing season twice now. Seriously how can a coach worth his salt would want to be here? 

And they rolled him out there in front of the media last week with Howie. I mean again it just looks like a complete mess of a situation really. 

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Aside from a handful of players, we have no clue who is going to survive when Howie starts cutting players to hit the cap. Not only does he need to find a way to free up $50M but he still needs more space for the rookie they draft.

Even on rookie contracts, I think we got some guys. Mailata looked good, Sanders, Goedert.. I still like Reagor. And we won't cut all of our vets.

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

I wonder if they take into account the fanbase. Your franchise QB should be beloved. If Wentz comes back, he is in for 16 road games because of these reports/rumors. This relationship with the fanbase affects the bottom line. Its going to be a tough decision to make

If the quarterback can go out there and win then people will forgive him quickly. If he stinks it up another year he will be booed mercilessly. 

Archived