Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I liked Saleh but I prefer an offensive minded coach, seems like the Eagles are leaning that way as well. I’m hoping it’s Daboll or Brady.

5 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

And the first losing season the Jags have Urban will resign with "health issues"

Yeah that's a huge mistake, Urban Meyer is a flake #1. #2 he doesn't run anything even close to resembling an NFL offense. 

On 1/11/2021 at 7:36 PM, brkmsn said:

Why isn't Deshaun Watson on the list? We need somebody with full control.

Howie is the one with full control around here bud, and we already have a quarterback with way too much power. Too bad he’s not as talented as Watson though. 

Eric Bieniemy must not be overly impressive. This is the second year in a row teams are pressured to hire him and he doesn’t seem to generate much real buzz. We’ll see what happens going forward. Maybe he goes to Houston.

16 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Lurie is either going to try to hit a home run with the ''next young bright offensive mind'' or finally give Duce a shot. I would say it ends up being Brady, Smith, or Duce. I would be surprised if Daboll doesn't end up with the Chargers though I'm guessing they will pursue him. I think Saleh is going to be a good coach and he has the right mentality for Philly but I don't see Lurie hiring a defensive guy especially with the QB situation the way it is right now.

Judging by the people they have been requesting it seems like they’re going with mostly younger candidates or candidates in their mind they can somewhat control. The fact they lost out to the Jets for Saleh says a lot. He would rather deal with Darnold or a rookie QB and Douglas than Wentz and Howie. 

Why not just hire Howie for head coach? Than he can hire the coordinators to run the team? If he has final say anyway what would be the difference?

Sounds like Facons are making a hard push to get a deal done once they heard Lurie was impressed with their favorite.  

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Judging by the people they have been requesting it seems like they’re going with mostly younger candidates or candidates in their mind they can somewhat control. The fact they lost out to the Jets for Saleh says a lot. He would rather deal with Darnold or a rookie QB and Douglas than Wentz and Howie. 

I just don't think they were that interested in a dc becoming a hc here. 

1 hour ago, jblah said:

I just don't think they were that interested in a dc becoming a hc here. 

I thought that too, but they seem to be requesting a lot more DCs than I was expecting. Will be interesting to see if they hire some coordinators before they hire a coach again. 

Boys, we are about to do this round and round and round and end up in house.   That's going to be a little disappointing, but it will definitely put the pressure onto Lurie and Roseman for leading a search with a questionable result...AGAIN.

Why isn't Pep Hamilton getting any buzz?  If F'ing Mike Kafka has been mentioned...and Jerod Mayo...why wouldn't Pep Hamilton be in the conversation?  Seems like he has just as good of a resume as the others, did I miss something on him?

7 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

It will be telling if both Saleh and Smith seemingly choose two average situations over the Eagles.

I don't know that I'd consider Philly a better situation than Atlanta at this point.  

yeah...all these guys are latching on pretty quick..Meyer in Jax, Saleh in NY, Smith in ATL.....

might be Duce by default

what worries me is the dynamic in place...if Aikman's comments had any ring of truth and that it was the Wentz vs Hurts decision that played a part in Doug's fate...this does not bode well for any outside HC candidate....

If Lurie/Howie ask a candidate point blank who he prefers..and he says "Hurts"...does that mean they don't hire him?  This is troubling, and then this whole game really becomes Lurie trying to justify the contract and MAKE any HC conform to it....

this HC vacancy is probably the least desirable because of the mess....

JAX will get a generational talent to build on
NYJ will also get a new franchise QB to build with (most likely)
ATL: most likely same thing..will probably draft a QB and start the rebuild
LAC: have their franchise QB and some pieces in place

meanwhile at the Novacare:
QB situation a mess
WR: a mess
LBs: never valued since Jim Johnson
DBs: depleted talent
Salary Cap HELL

Owner/GM to openly undermine the HC by firing staff after said HC gives his endorsement

so who WOULD want to come here???

29 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I don't know that I'd consider Philly a better situation than Atlanta at this point.  

Philly is hands down, no contest, the worst HC vacancy available.

2 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Besides the meddling owner and GM being involved way too much in football operations (game day roster, etc.) and the crappy cap situation, the lack of top end talent is glaring as well.  Atlanta has a better roster overall.  

On 1/13/2021 at 6:14 PM, kinger said:

Who comes to Philly given their QB situation and salary cap situation?  Guessing Duce, hope it works out like that pickle juice game in Dallas.  

I hate statements like this. They have 2 capable QBs in Hurts and Wentz if he stays and in the right system. If the Jets and Jags can get their coach then the Eagles are fine. It's not like they won't go into the season with a legit coach. 

39 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Another dumb statement. You probably thought that way about the Jets and Jags too 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Not with the #4 pick and the more stable front office. Unless Arthur Blank turns into a bat during the interview I’d go to Atlanta.

16 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Another dumb statement. You probably thought that way about the Jets and Jags too 

I'm a huge Jeff Lurie fan, best owner of any of my teams in any sport by a mile.  The eagles have always been a prime destination for FA and coaches since his arrival.  but right now, we are on the exact opposite of that spectrum.  Meddling owner, bad GM entrenched in power, Qb controversey decided by FO before you even arrive.  Ageing roster with almost no young takent and sal cap hell.

Wake up dude, this is exactly the same situation we laughed at franchises like the Redskins for having.  The Jets and Falcons are close to the bottom as well, but at least those franchises offer something of a potential clean slate and that's what all new HC's want.

7 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Not with the #4 pick and the more stable front office. Unless Arthur Blank turns into a bat during the interview I’d go to Atlanta.

Exactly.  Plus Ryan isn't a complete mess like Wentz is.  

7 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Might want to add Jerod Mayo and Kellen Moore to the mix

With Arthur Smith likely going to the Falcons that leaves Brian Daboll, Eric Bieniemy, and Joe Brady as the big name OC prospects for HC.

The Chargers already interviewed Daboll and are a more desirable situation, so I doubt he'd pick the Eagles if offered an interview. Bieniemy is already in consideration for multiple jobs.

Maybe the Eagles should bring Brady in for his second interview instead of banking on landing Daboll or Bieniemy? Brady also already interviewed with the Chargers.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

I’d say it’s better than Detroit. The more I think about it, though, that’s the only one.

This board never stops entertaining me, Arthur Smith has a very low percentage in the poll above but now that Atlanta snags him Philly is going to get a nobody coach or settle for Duce. Relax people, there are still a lot good coaching candidates left including ones from teams still in the playoffs, the Eagles are fine.  

Archived