Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

That will be quite underwhelming, but nothing would truly shock me from this organization anymore.  Duce deserves a shot as an offensive coordinator, I'm not sure I would feel good about him as a head coach with only experience as an RB coach...

Quite frankly, I'd prefer him to get his OC or HC gig elsewhere.      He was a great Eagle, but that doesn't mean I want him here as head coach.

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I think Duce would make a better HC than OC.

I agree. Give him a Tomlin role as head coach and surround him with high end experienced coordinators like Caldwell and Phillips.

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I think Duce would make a better HC than OC.

I would not argue with that.         Just not here - I know it's moot with Roseman here for life, but damn, would I love a housecleaning and a fresh start.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

When you look around the NFL at the top echelon of HC's it's EXTREMELY telling to find out just how few of them were hired as 'hot shot" OC's.

A layman's list of the top 10 HC's right now:

Bellicheck :  DC

Andy reid:  retread HC/former Qb guru

Harbaugh:  ST's/Defensive focus

mcdermott :  DC

Caroll:  Defensive background

Tomlin: DC

Sean Payton:  

Vrabel:  DC

Frank Reich:  

La Fleur:  

Yeah sure if you want to sub McVay/Shanahan in there that's up to you, but that is still only 50% AT BEST with offense background.  So why is all the buzz ALWAYS around young offensive minds?

I'm hoping we go defense minded coach HC with a offensive guru at OC. No retreads at either position. Interesting to see how the interview with Mayo goes

3 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Lost out....I must have missed the report that the Eagles offered him the job and he chose the Jets over him.

We haven’t heard they offered anyone a job yet. We do know he was interviewed. Let’s not act like they had no interest. Either way another one on the list bites the dust. 

1 minute ago, mjkvol said:

Quite frankly, I'd prefer him to get his OC or HC gig elsewhere.      He was a great Eagle, but that doesn't mean I want him here as head coach.

To be clear I'm not advocating for him to become HC either. However, I also think it wouldn't be a horrible move if they can't land one of the leading candidates. In a year or so, when we have shed the QB and cap situations, there may be more options out there for HC if Duce isn't working out. I think Duce may be the only guy that would be willing to eat the ish sandwich the FO is serving up right now.

3 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Duce Staley with Wade Philips as DC

Do the eagles have the personnel to be a 3-4?

3 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

That will be quite underwhelming, but nothing would truly shock me from this organization anymore.  Duce deserves a shot as an offensive coordinator, I'm not sure I would feel good about him as a head coach with only experience as an RB coach...

Duce has also been Doug's Asst HC.  

Question is:  what has he done to prove he should be either OC or HC?  The offense stunk this year, the game planning, play calling, schemes, play design, QB regression, WR play...

So what does Duce bring to the table other than players like him and they say he commands respect when he speaks?

Still nothing about Arthur Smith accepting the Falcons gig yet, so maybe he's still in play.  Lurie was reportedly "very impressed" with him.  Could be a bidding war going on for him now...

34 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We haven’t heard they offered anyone a job yet. We do know he was interviewed. Let’s not act like they had no interest. Either way another one on the list bites the dust. 

You said he chose the Jets over the Eagles though which is different than what you are saying now and something nobody else has reported. There is plenty to pile on the Eagles about right now without having making crap up to criticize them for. 

I keep hearing all this...but not about his actual qualifications like play calling, game management, etc.  Maybe he'll be great who knows, but I never hear anyone cite qualifications just that he's great and players love him.

18 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Duce has also been Doug's Asst HC.  

Question is:  what has he done to prove he should be either OC or HC?  The offense stunk this year, the game planning, play calling, schemes, play design, QB regression, WR play...

So what does Duce bring to the table other than players like him and they say he commands respect when he speaks?

I agree, I have those same questions and I would have much preferred a total house cleaning the day after our season ended.  Instead it appears it will continue to be the Howie show with a new puppet yes man HC installed...

Didn't see this posted in this topic unless I missed it, but Duce is in Florida interviewing for the HC job today.

Corey Clement on why Duce should be the HC:
"He has my vote,” Clement said back in the summer. "Duce Staley, even though he’s a running backs coach, he definitely prides himself on being a leader all-around and that’s what you have to respect from Duce. He knows what he’s talking about and he knows how to go about his business. With the absence of Doug we didn’t miss a beat. Duce  did a great job of making sure the team stayed together, realizing that we still have the end (goal) and that’s to win the Super Bowl regardless of whether Doug is in the building or not. Duce definitely has my vote for a future head coach.”

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I keep hearing all this...but not about his actual qualifications like play calling, game management, etc.  Maybe he'll be great who knows, but I never hear anyone cite qualifications just that he's great and players love him.

If they put him in a Tomlin role and give him strong experienced coordinators he really only needs to focus on being a leader of men and decision making.

Might coaches be leery of accepting a job at a place where coaches get axed so quickly?

Just askin'...

Graham Harrell the OC at USC. Eagles had interest last year but Doug did not want to give away play calling so Harrell dropped out. Depending on coach, Harrell would be interesting hire. Not the greatest season with USC this year but we must remember tat California COVID restrictions were insane and they couldn't practice. Worth a look imo

Marvin Lewis for DC? That's a home run in my opinion

4 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Graham Harrell the OC at USC. Eagles had interest last year but Doug did not want to give away play calling so Harrell dropped out. Depending on coach, Harrell would be interesting hire. Not the greatest season with USC this year but we must remember tat California COVID restrictions were insane and they couldn't practice. Worth a look imo

Marvin Lewis for DC? That's a home run in my opinion

Yeah, an underperforming college OC is just what we need.

2 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

I'm hoping we go defense minded coach HC with a offensive guru at OC. No retreads at either position. Interesting to see how the interview with Mayo goes

I know i'll get crushed for this but I'm actually HOPING for a retread.  Andy reid and BB won SB's as retreads, it's not as dirty a word as you think.  And the total ClusterF we have going in the FO with Howie and the locker room with Wentz requires a guy that's been around the block a few times IMHO.  This is not a good situation for a bright eyed noob.

4 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Duce Staley with Wade Philips as DC

Todd Bowles with Duce as OC works for me.  run the rock and play some D.  Let's get back to Philly ball.

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Todd Bowles with Duce as OC works for me.  run the rock and play some D.  Let's get back to Philly ball.

And what about a transformed offense?

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And what about a transformed offense?

I dunno dude.  Like it matters anyways, we know we are going to hate what Howie does.🤣

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

I dunno dude.  Like it matters anyways, we know we are going to hate what Howie does.🤣

Oh without doubt! That's an absolute given. 

39 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Play calling doesn’t need to be part of the HC focus. Harbaugh with the ravens has been highly successful without running either the offence or defence. Just by being a good leader who runs the team.

Now I have no idea if Duce can replicate that or not. And my biggest worry would be if he turns into a good hire, whomever he hires as OC in particular would become a hot shot candidate in a year or two and what can we successfully replace him then. But all these players coming out and vouching for him has made me go from totally hating the idea to being slightly lukewarm to it if that’s where they end up going. 

Archived