Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Right, Doug wanted to call plays so that was a deterrent.  Assuming the next HC would not call plays, still...

The OC will know they're the first scapegoat.  Groh, the consultants/committee, Doug...all fired.  It depends on who the HC is.  If it's Duce, who's to say it's not another "yes man" hire so Howie/Lurie can still not let the HC have full control?  The whole thing is dysfunctional.

If I'm an OC I want to go where I can be successful and likely on career path to a HC job.  Not a place where I'll be fired and blamed for the owner picking a crappy WR or telling the coaches who they can hire, the GM telling us who to dress on gameday or give snaps to the guy I gave a contract to instead of a younger player, etc.

Good points.  I’m depressed now. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Oh so he wants to really make people think he’s progressive. Double down on the bs. 

Isn't the 49ers defensive coordinator black? I don't know but I don't see color 🙂

Brian Dawkins, Chris Long, Malcolm Jenkins, and Rodney McLeod have all tweeted that Duce should be the next head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. Good enough for me, and should be for the rest of you.

If we're going to hire from within based on "everyone likes and respects him" then Stoutland should be the guy.  Has the experience, and has been paying his dues for a hell of a lot longer than Duce.  

2 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

If we're going to hire from within based on "everyone likes and respects him" then Stoutland should be the guy.  Has the experience, and has been paying his dues for a hell of a lot longer than Duce.  

He’s pegged to be the next DC, duh!  

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do we need to ask permission to interview a coordinator? I guess it's just the right thing to do and the way things are done? Is it just that the Niners are not allowed to deny permission?

The Eagles requested permission.

3 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

McCown will make a good QB coach, assuming Press Taylor is out of that post.  But McCown as OC, maybe not.

Duce is a good guy, but we have not seen him much in public.  He seems lacking the leadership quality to be the HC.

It was a ruh roh this could happen post. Is that trolling? if so, my apologies to TATE

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Why is Marvin Lewis on this list?

His name has been out there as being part of the pool. I need to add Bowles. 

30 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Brian Dawkins, Chris Long, Malcolm Jenkins, and Rodney McLeod have all tweeted that Duce should be the next head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. Good enough for me, and should be for the rest of you.

Based on my little knowledge he wouldn't be my pick, but that is quite the endorsement from those who know a lot more than i do.

39 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Do you want a players coach again?

3 minutes ago, jblah said:

If it wins the Eagles a superbowl again I don't see why not. 

42 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Duce didn't have the leadership to help Doug improve the offense and people are like yeah let him drive. Why? Cause fanboys...players friends with him don't matter to me. He is way down the list as he should be.

WHy in the world is Todd Bowles even considered ? The guy is like a hippy moving around from team to team and most of the teams he has worked for has been mediocre. 

5 minutes ago, mihailo said:

If it wins the Eagles a superbowl again I don't see why not. 

I actually voted for him in this poll but can you tell me the last time a legitimate starter player became a coach and then had repeat success?

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Right, he means Duce.  A bunch of former players (and current) saying Duce should get the job.

They fired the HC but are going to promote the Asst HC...seems legit.

That **** blocked me too

6 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

WHy in the world is Todd Bowles even considered ? The guy is like a hippy moving around from team to team and most of the teams he has worked for has been mediocre. 

New Rooney rule requirements.  Must interview at least two external minority candidates for any head coaching opening.   

29 minutes ago, jblah said:

IMHO nothing wrong with having a players coach.  What you need in addition to that is a staff consisting of a strong OC that has full autonomy over the offense, a DC that has full autonomy over the defense, and both coordinators that are creative and can continually adjust their scheme not only to their players’ strengths but also to what is transpiring in front of them on game day.  

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

IMHO nothing wrong with having a players coach.  What you need in addition to that is a staff consisting of a strong OC that has full autonomy over the offense, a DC that has full autonomy over the defense, and both coordinators that are creative and can continually adjust their scheme not only to their players’ strengths but also to what is transpiring in front of them on game day.  

With the players these days you need a players coach. Having some jackass doesn't go well..... Chip

On 1/11/2021 at 8:23 PM, What The F said:

Frank Reich. Get Carson back on track. 

Why on earth would Reich leave a stable, solid organization with a competent GM and an improving roster to come to this dumpster fire?           Hell, he might have Wentz there before long.

1 hour ago, no1birdsfan said:

That **** blocked me too

I didn’t even do anything. I’ve never tweeted at him, or engaged him in any way. The only thing I can even remotely think of is that I got into it with Ike Reese once and he must have seen it. However I never got disrespectful with Ike...who did not block me. 

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Duce didn't have the leadership to help Doug improve the offense and people are like yeah let him drive. Why? Cause fanboys...players friends with him don't matter to me. He is way down the list as he should be.

On second thought. You the random fat slob on a message board clearly know more than players like Dawkins, Jenkins, Long, and McLeod. You totally changed my mind.

7 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

On second thought. You the random fat slob on a message board clearly know more than players like Dawkins, Jenkins, Long, and McLeod. You totally changed my mind.

LOL you have personality plus. But yes...we'll ignore the fact Doug passed him over for OC how many times? Remember the fact he was about to be again? Yeah, he's in demand. How many teams are wanting him to be a head coach right now? Yeah, he's in demand. A few friends said he'd be great. That's enough for TATE even though he's never shown a single reason why he should get the job. It will be like a John Hughes movie where the freaky girl nobody wants turns out to be hot. 

2 hours ago, Macho Grande said:

New Rooney rule requirements.  Must interview at least two external minority candidates for any head coaching opening.   

Ahh, ok thanks.. Oh well Bowles wont be getting this job, so he might as well have a 1 week holiday in Philly when he comes here for the interview. Maybe go site seeing.

Archived