2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Awww...I had such a witty comeback based around the movie Parasite!

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I saw it, good work.

There you go, mate.  It wasn't wasted. B-)

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/1/18/22236973/josh-mcdaniels-eagles-head-coach-search-nfl-rumors-patriots-offensive-coordinator-philadelphia-buzz

Multiple signs seem to be pointing to Josh McDaniels as the Eagles’ next head coach [UPDATE]

Brace yourselves.

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Updated Jan 18, 2021, 2:19pm EST

NFL: Super Bowl LII-Philadelphia Eagles vs New England Patriots
Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports

While nothing is official just yet, there are multiple signs pointing to New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels becoming the Philadelphia Eagles’ next head coach.

Let’s run through them all:

• UPDATE: ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports "multiple sources connected to the Eagles’ coaching search believe Josh McDaniels is a prime candidate for the HC job.”
  • The Eagles interviewed McDaniels in person on Sunday. John Clark reports the meeting lasted "from mid-morning into the evening past 9:00 PM.” A long interview doesn’t necessarily guarantee a hire, to be clear. But it’s clear this wasn’t just some courtesy meeting. McDaniels is a serious contender. UPDATE: John Clark says he was told McDaniels "did very well” in his interview.
  • McDaniels has links to Jeffrey Lurie and Howie Roseman. Lurie is a Boston native and has always been fond of the Patriots. Lurie also curiously referred to McDaniels on a first-name basis during his post-Doug Pederson firing press conference. Context:

"We didn’t know we were going to lose Frank Reich but suddenly it happened when Josh turned that job down and set off a whole — so you have to be aware.”

Roseman was college roommates with Jedd Fisch, who worked with McDaniels as New England’s quarterbacks coach in 2020.

10. JOSH MCDANIELS. When I heard the New England offensive coordinator would be interviewing with Eagles brass on Sunday, I loved it for three reasons. One: The Eagles’ interviews are notoriously all-day suckers; I hear Robert Saleh and Joe Brady each spent more than seven hours in the interview chair. So Philly’s interviewing people the franchise is interested in—and not in a check-the-box kind of way. Two: I like organizations that don’t look at what everybody else is doing. Clearly there’s residue from McDaniels backing out of the Indy job two years ago, and it’s understandable. But two years ago, the Colts might have been the best job out there, and Andrew Luck hadn’t walked away yet, and they had a smart and progressive GM in Chris Ballard, and the Colts picked McDaniels over Mike Vrabel. McDaniels didn’t take dumb pills since then. Good for Jeff Lurie and Howie Roseman judging the 44-year-old McDaniels’ body of work instead of passing judgment on a bad 2020 alone. In 12 of his 13 seasons as New England offensive coordinator, the Patriots have had a top-10 scoring team. And three: The Eagles clearly want to save Carson Wentz. McDaniels knows how to coach quarterbacks and coach them hard. We’ll see what happens. Who knows who the Eagles will hire, with Staley now off the market. But credit to the Eagles for cross-examining McDaniels.

• The sports agency that represents Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, whom the Eagles reportedly want to interview, seems to think that McDaniels is getting the job in Philly:
  • There’s buzz from local reporters about McDaniels to the Eagles:

Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio indicated an Eagles hire could happen as soon as this week. The Eagles can’t hire a coach who’s currently in the playoffs. McDaniels is not in the playoffs.

"Per a source with knowledge of the dynamics of the search, there’s no specific timetable for making a hire — but it could end sooner than later, and quite possibly this week.”

The Eagles have been prone to over-correct. Prime example: the team didn’t have enough speed in 2019, so they went out and forced a first-round pick on Jalen Reagor (instead of taking the best available player in Justin Jefferson) due to "fit.” From a coaching perspective, the Eagles used "emotional intelligence” as a reason for replacing Chip Kelly with Doug Pederson. Perhaps now they view Pederson being too lenient (especially in the case of Carson Wentz) and want someone who will coach harder.

So, Eagles fans, it just might be time to brace yourselves for McDaniels being Pederson’s replacement. Not going to be a popular hire, if it happens:

Screen_Shot_2021_01_18_at_10.54.18_AM.pn

•  

Using something from over 20 years ago? Seriously? :thumbdown:

49 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

But yet you want Bienemy who we all know has VERY little to do with the offensive success in KC?  I think he's fool's gold.  It's time to get out from under the branches of Andy's coaching tree.

Link? He's the OC. He's not just standing by collecting a paycheck. He works with AR and is part of the group that has developed Mahomes

Out of the names left, McDaniel's is probably the best of the bunch as sad as that is. Brady from Carolina is still intriguing for me, but he's really really young. Bowls does nothing for me. He was an even bigger disaster than McDaniels was when he was a head coach. Daboll doesn't want the job (not surprising). 

The Philadelphia Eagles were said to be interested in Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll but it doesn’t appear the feeling is mutual. Rob Maadi of The Associated Press says he was told Daboll isn’t interested in the Eagles’ head coaching job.

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Using something from over 20 years ago? Seriously? :thumbdown:

Link? He's the OC. He's not just standing by collecting a paycheck. He works with AR and is part of the group that has developed Mahomes

Same thing everyone said about Doug.  Look, they were wrong then.  Maybe I'm wrong now.  I just feel that yes, he's a clipboard holder.  That's Andy's O.

22 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

WTF is Parasite?

One of the better movies of the last 5 years.  Check it out.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Oh snap.  Been told @Swoop, and if you retort, you will be on his ignore list.  Guy has more people on ignore than he has days as a member.

Reminds me of the good ole days when you, me, Outlaw, Jdarkstar, and Probably all got on EagleVa’s ignore list. 

Good times man, good times. 

I don't have time right now to scan posts and this is probably already up, but this looks like smoke and fire:
(John Clark- twitter)

Here is a wiki link to his HC career and a scandal, where he allegedly cheated  via video taping another teams practice. Sounds like a true Belicheat guru, but hey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_McDaniels#Coaching_career

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 3.06.35 PM.png

16 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Figures they'd like that unlikeable dooosh.

And, they like a guy who screwed them out of Reich which caused the offense to go down the crapper.  Lurie can't wait to reward him.  

30 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

And, they like a guy who screwed them out of Reich which caused the offense to go down the crapper.  Lurie can't wait to reward him.  

if he comes here and wins the superbowl will you let it go?

11 minutes ago, jblah said:

if he comes here and wins the superbowl will you let it go?

Very unlikely he wins a SB with this team.  This team is at least a few years away.  Chances are whoever takes this job will get canned in a couple of years. But, I think Lurie is going to get a lot of heat if he doesn't hire either Bienemy or Duce over a coaching retread like McDaniels who had two HC chances and reneged out of one of them.  

59 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Figures they'd like that unlikeable dooosh.

Don, you know I'm with you on Daboll.  He does not appear to be an option.  I'd take McDaniels over anyone left but Daboll and maybe Brady.

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

But, I think Lurie is going to get a lot of heat if he doesn't hire either Bienemy or Duce over a coachine retread like McDaniels who had two HC chances and reneged out of one of them.  

From who ??  The fans ??  He is not gonna care.

Just now, Outlaw said:

Don, you know I'm with you on Daboll.  He does not appear to be an option.  I'd take McDaniels over anyone left but Daboll and maybe Brady.

His reputation is that he is not a good human being. As a fan I'd rather they avoid a guy like that.

Just now, downundermike said:

From who ??  The fans ??  He is not gonna care.

The League changed the interview rules in order to try to create more minority hires. They are allowing the Eagles and Texans to interview virtually even though the  Chiefs are in the playoffs.  

Just now, PoconoDon said:

His reputation is that he is not a good human being. As a fan I'd rather they avoid a guy like that.

I'm sure he's learned a lot in the last decade.

Just now, Talonblood said:

"with Staley now off the market." What's up with Staley? I haven't heard anything.

Brandon Staley, not Duce. Duce is off the market cause he's not an actual viable candidate.

Just now, Talonblood said:

"with Staley now off the market." What's up with Staley? I haven't heard anything.

Brandon Staley the Rams defensive coordinator is the HC of the Chargers.

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

I don't think any of us know enough about him as a good human being. we might know a bit from press conference but i guess we'll see. personally i don't keep track of other coaches and how they are. i didn't know much about doug. i knew more about andy.

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Brandon Staley the Rams defensive coordinator is the HC of the Chargers.

🤣I started Googling if Duce got hired somewhere else. Luuulllzzzzz

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Bill Belichik was 36-44 in his first head coaching stint.  Had 1 winning record in 5 seasons.  25-39 the other 4 seasons.  

He also backed out of the coaching job for the jets

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He also backed out of the coaching job for the jets

Do you blame him for that? I mean its the jets for crying out loud.

Archived