2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Mr-Bueno said:

I facking hate josh mcdaniels... please,.... for the love of god, don’t hire him.

Mr. Lurie just called. He told me to tell you, and I quote, "thank him for the amazing gif avatar and tell him I don’t give a rat’s arse what he wants.”

59 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

"with Staley now off the market." What's up with Staley? I haven't heard anything.

Brandon Staley (Rams DC who was hired by the Chargers), not Duce Staley

Let's see here. Here are some of the negative things about Josh, because we know the positives already...I think:

• The Patriots' offensive coordinator failed as a head coach in Denver 
  • Left the Colts at the altar. 
  • Involved in a cheating scandal as Denver's coach... (remember- he works for BileCHEAT)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Denver_Broncos_season#Videotaping_scandal

On November 27, The Denver Post reported the Broncos were under investigation from the NFL, after it was reported that Steve Scarnecchia, the team's director of video operations hired by McDaniels in 2009, videotaped a San Francisco 49ers' walkthrough practice, during the teams' Week 8 game at Wembley Stadium in London, England.[13]

The same day, the NFL fined the Broncos and McDaniels $50,000 each, and Scarnecchia was fired as a result of the incident. Scarnecchia told NFL investigators he acted alone and "knew it was wrong" to tape the walkthrough practice, after the rest of the Broncos' staff had left the stadium. Scarnecchia later presented McDaniels with the six-minute video, but McDaniels declined to view it, and it was not shown to any other Broncos staff member, and therefore the NFL determined the Broncos had not gained a competitive advantage from it. An anonymous source alerted the Broncos on November 8, who conducted an internal investigation before alerting the NFL. NFL Security then began its investigation, which included a forensic analysis of the computer from which the recording was later deleted by Scarnecchia.[14] Both the NFL and the Broncos determined that McDaniels knew nothing about the incident.[15]

However, the NFL fined McDaniels due to the fact that he did not immediately report the incident to the league office, as required by policy. The NFL also fined the Broncos, as "clubs are ultimately accountable for the conduct of their employees."[14]

McDaniels later issued the following statement:[16]

"I apologize for not promptly reporting the improper conduct of our video director before our game against the 49ers in London. The actions of this individual are in no way representative of the values and integrity held by myself, our players and coaches, and the entire Denver Broncos organization. I understand the punishment from the National Football League and support its commitment to the integrity of the game. We have addressed the situation internally to assure that nothing like this happens again."

According to The Denver Post, the videotaping incident was a major factor in McDaniels' firing a week later; while the Broncos did not deem it something that merited being fired for cause, they considered his failure to report the incident "unforgivable."[15]

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Let's see here. Here are some of the negative things about Josh:

• The Patriots' offensive coordinator failed as a head coach in Denver 
  • Left the Colts at the altar. 
  • Involved in a cheating scandal as Denver's coach... (remember- he works for BileCHEAT)

On November 27, The Denver Post reported the Broncos were under investigation from the NFL, after it was reported that Steve Scarnecchia, the team's director of video operations hired by McDaniels in 2009, videotaped a San Francisco 49ers' walkthrough practice, during the teams' Week 8 game at Wembley Stadium in London, England.[13]

The same day, the NFL fined the Broncos and McDaniels $50,000 each, and Scarnecchia was fired as a result of the incident. Scarnecchia told NFL investigators he acted alone and "knew it was wrong" to tape the walkthrough practice, after the rest of the Broncos' staff had left the stadium. Scarnecchia later presented McDaniels with the six-minute video, but McDaniels declined to view it, and it was not shown to any other Broncos staff member, and therefore the NFL determined the Broncos had not gained a competitive advantage from it. An anonymous source alerted the Broncos on November 8, who conducted an internal investigation before alerting the NFL. NFL Security then began its investigation, which included a forensic analysis of the computer from which the recording was later deleted by Scarnecchia.[14] Both the NFL and the Broncos determined that McDaniels knew nothing about the incident.[15]

However, the NFL fined McDaniels due to the fact that he did not immediately report the incident to the league office, as required by policy. The NFL also fined the Broncos, as "clubs are ultimately accountable for the conduct of their employees."[14]

McDaniels later issued the following statement:[16]

"I apologize for not promptly reporting the improper conduct of our video director before our game against the 49ers in London. The actions of this individual are in no way representative of the values and integrity held by myself, our players and coaches, and the entire Denver Broncos organization. I understand the punishment from the National Football League and support its commitment to the integrity of the game. We have addressed the situation internally to assure that nothing like this happens again."

According to The Denver Post, the videotaping incident was a major factor in McDaniels' firing a week later; while the Broncos did not deem it something that merited being fired for cause, they considered his failure to report the incident "unforgivable."[15]

i'm sure he has learned from that experience and will video tape using a drone next time.

16 minutes ago, jblah said:

i'm sure he has learned from that experience and will video tape using a drone next time.

Might I suggest a DJI Mavic Pro ll

29 minutes ago, Procus said:

Brandon Staley (Rams DC who was hired by the Chargers), not Duce Staley

Yep. I was all Googling to see where Duce went, lulllzzzzz. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Yep. I was all Googling to see where Duce went, lulllzzzzz. 🤣

Still on his recliner wondering how he and Howie still have jobs. 

Duce’s recliner daydream:
"Miles’ girl is moaning, she’s just about there. He’s hitting all the right spots. He’s really in a rhythm. You know what time it is?  Time for you to PULL OUT Miles, I’m subbing Boston Scott in there to finish the job.”

10 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

That would probably be Josh McDaniels. 

It's a bit of a risky move considering how he fared as a HC/GM in Denver and how he indirectly screwed us over when backing out of the Colts job, but he wouldn't coddle Wentz based on how he dealt with Tom Brady.

We have no idea if Joe Brady or Brian Daboll would do the same. My guess is that Brady would probably be more of a "players coach" given his age and less of an "old-school disciplinarian" type.

Josh would be the one "most likely to knock Carson the F out". 

I wanted to see Carson with Andrew Breiner. Breiner would not have put up with his nonsense at all. Zero tolerance on that crap. Great guy, but walk if you want to. Chase Edmonds was going to walk from Fordham to a bigger school and that was about the gist of the convo. Worked out very well for Chase.

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-brian-daboll-not-interested-180040177.html

Sounds like Daboll has no interest in trying to "fix” Wentz or be controlled by Howie and Jeff. 

I'm not sure if its just the Eagles. It looks like Daboll doesn't want to move. he only interviewed with the jets but didn't interview with the chargers.

Just now, jblah said:

I'm not sure if its just the Eagles. It looks like Daboll doesn't want to move. he only interviewed with the jets but didn't interview with the chargers.

Well the Jets and Chargers have coaches. The Eagles do not. 

52 minutes ago, RUEagle said:

I have no issues with hiring McDaniels.  Not sure why some do

hEs TeH rEaSonZ rEiCh iZNt hERe AnYMoAr

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well the Jets and Chargers have coaches. The Eagles do not. 

its not the fastest team to get a HC race. 

2 minutes ago, jblah said:

its not the fastest team to get a HC race. 

Yeah it’s a race to find the most compliant jellyfish of a coach that is more than willing to be controlled by Howie and Jeff. 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-brian-daboll-not-interested-180040177.html

Sounds like Daboll has no interest in trying to "fix” Wentz or be controlled by Howie and Jeff. 

I think it was more about Howie and less about Wentz

If he couldn't fix Wentz then they'd get him his guy in the next draft. Howie is forever :sad:

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I think it was more about Howie and less about Wentz

If he couldn't fix Wentz then they'd get him his guy in the next draft. Howie is forever :sad:

Howie is the herpes of the Eagles. 😂

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah it’s a race to find the most compliant jellyfish of a coach that is more than willing to be controlled by Howie and Jeff. 🤷‍♂️

if that was the case, why are they bringing in McDaniels? You know he isn't going to be a pushover. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie is the herpes of the Eagles. 😂

I'm fine with Howie if they keep in him in the basement with nothing but a calculator and a spreadsheet to manage cap.

Just now, jblah said:

if that was the case, why are they bringing in McDaniels? You know he isn't going to be a pushover. 

Well there are two coaching options left. After his last two coaching opportunities this could be his last chance. I’m sure it’s not the best situation for either party. Like I wrote earlier he could be thinking in his mind he can eventually pull power away from Howie. 

Just now, Thing3 said:

I'm fine with Howie if they keep in him in the basement with nothing but a calculator and a spreadsheet to manage cap.

They won’t and you know it. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Well there are two coaching options left. After his last two coaching opportunities this could be his last chance. I’m sure it’s not the best situation for either party. Like I wrote earlier he could be thinking in his mind he can eventually pull power away from Howie. 

They won’t and you know it. 

Two options? I still got Staley, McDaniels, Bienimey, bowles, mayo, moore, brady, kafka, 

1 hour ago, RUEagle said:

I have no issues with hiring McDaniels.  Not sure why some do

Belicheats B boy has already proven he sucks as a HC. Oh and his evaluation of talent. Trading picks to get Tebow in the first round? He was the driving force behind that. Then he screws a team willing to give him a second chance at the last moment. No thanks. Rather take a chance on a up and coming star waiting for his chance. 

3 minutes ago, jblah said:

Two options? I still got Staley, McDaniels, Bienimey, bowles, mayo, moore, brady, kafka, 

I mean coaching openings left. Sorry I wasn’t clearer. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I mean coaching openings left. Sorry I wasn’t clearer. 

ahh ok. I still think that Lurie and Howie only steps in where they think the coach is weak. i think they would step back if the coach has success. i think thats true for all organization. For example, if Doug did well the past 3 yrs and went to the playoffs but lost, i don't think Lurie or Howie would have anything to say about his coaching structure.

i think they just want to see progress from one season to another if the team doesn't win the superbowl. 

5 hours ago, jblah said:

ahh ok. I still think that Lurie and Howie only steps in where they think the coach is weak. i think they would step back if the coach has success. i think thats true for all organization. For example, if Doug did well the past 3 yrs and went to the playoffs but lost, i don't think Lurie or Howie would have anything to say about his coaching structure.

i think they just want to see progress from one season to another if the team doesn't win the superbowl. 

Doug only had 2 seasons out of the playoffs. His first and his last. Im not convinced that Lurie and Howie should be meddling in with picking a coaches staff. Howie should be focusing on picking better players. 

Archived