Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

12 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Especially if Stout decides to go... all hail stout (he is too good for us)

Stout is the one guy I want back from the old staff

• Like 1

I mean look I am sure a lot of fans didn't even know who Sirianni was until a couple of days ago. I'll put my hands up and say I knew next to nothing. I like the reputation he comes with and I like the idea of him so lets see how this plays out.

Next stop... Assemble your staff Mr Sirianni.

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Duces own words - 

Staley said in August he wasn't disappointed he had been passed over three times.

"We all want to advance,'' Staley said. "You guys want to advance. That's life. But right now, I'm super happy in my role. Proud of my role. Being assistant head coach, running backs coach. I'm proud of that. Doug gives me things. Puts things on my plate. I'm thankful to him for having those opportunities. I'm excited for where I am and what I'm doing now.''

The guy didn't seek the HC position, just like I have been telling you. To be a boss anywhere, you have to be a go getter and lobby for what you want. Duce didn't, and that alone shows he is not the man for the job. He didn't want it, never has.

Morey said he wouldn't trade Simmons and weeks later his bags were basically packed. All coach speak to me

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Morey said he wouldn't trade Simmons and weeks later his bags were basically packed. All coach speak to me

Morey is a GM, not a coach. The point of my post is Duce HIMSELF didn't want the position. That isn't "coach speak." That's from the man himself. Just sayin.

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Young in age or young in coaching?

Young in age, under 40. It was answered tho, it was Tomlin, age 36, 2008. 

58 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

He also needs to realize that his random RB rotation is dumb.

I'd like for Duce to be sent packing because of his random RB rotation, the only coaches I'd suggest we keep if Fipp and Stoutland.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I'd like for Duce to be sent packing because of his random RB rotation, the only coaches I'd suggest we keep if Fipp and Stoutland.

Exactly, I love Duce but his rotations drive me nuts, a RB is gaining chunks of yards and the next thing you know that back would be out of the game leaving me to wonder if he got hurt or something.

11 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Basically after 15 people someone said yes to Wentz?

The Colts head coach told him to. Ya think?

Just now, Talonblood said:

The Colts head coach told him to. Ya think?

I was trolling but probably, yes lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I think Duce needs to take a small college HC job and work his way up from there.  I just don't see a team giving him a promotion from RBs coach to HC without getting a coordinator job first.  And, it will be hard to get a coordinator job in the NFL because usually teams that are looking for OCs want a coach that has coached QBs before.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

I think Duce needs to take a small college HC job and work his way up from there.  I just don't see a team giving him a promotion from RBs coach to HC without getting a coordinator job first.  And, it will be hard to get a coordinator job in the NFL because usually teams that are looking for OCs want a coach that has coached QBs before.

Reid went from a position coach to Head Coach. Never spent one day as a coordinator. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Reid went from a position coach to Head Coach. Never spent one day as a coordinator. 

RB vs QB. Big difference. Not all position coaches are the same

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Only thing concerning to me and it may not matter is he didn't call plays in Indy. Otherwise I think good pick. 

Andy never called plays, nor did Doug. 

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Pederson fired on Jan 11th and the Eagles request interviews with a couple coaches on the 12th. But for some odd reason they don't put in a request to interview one of the top OCs in the NFL? They put in a few request to interview coaches who were still coaching in the playoffs but ya...

Oh well...

Clearly it’s racism. Nevermind that we had a minority coach before most other franchises, along with African American QBs...Cunningham, Peete, McNabb, Vick. Some franchises still have not had ONE. 

2 hours ago, Vlad67 said:

Well, I hoped for defensive minded HC, but I wish him good luck of course and hopefully he will manage to get something out of Wentz...I am just afraid that our D will have more holes than emental...If Cox is not on the field it is close to non existent

I like Gannon a lot. DB guru. 

26 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I would definitely give the DC job to Fipp, dude has something.

Yeah he has something...that something is Greg Ward’s fair catch skills improved slightly. 

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Yeah, he's not qualified for either HC or OC. 

BUT, many coaches get positions without any experience for the position, hell, AR was the QB coach for the Packers, shouldn't a QB coach have played the position, I just can't see AR with jersey number 7.  Moreover, look at Jon Gruden, what justified him getting the OC position with the Eagles, WR coach?  OK, Duce is a RB coach.  After failing as the Eagles OC, he gets a HC positon with The Raiders. 

12 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I was trolling but probably, yes lol

I think Lure thinks that maybe the new OC can sprinkle some Reich dust on Wentz and make him magical once again. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Yeah he has something...that something is Greg Ward’s fair catch skills improved slightly. 

No, he has intensityto go along with good experience.

Teams will generally take on the personality of their coaches.  Schwartz was too laid back and his defenses played laid back.

You can bet you'll see a big improvement if Fipp was DC, it'll be an intense D vs a laid back D.

7 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

No, he has intensityto go along with good experience.

Teams will generally take on the personality of their coaches.  Schwartz was too laid back and his defenses played laid back.

You can bet you'll see a big improvement if Fipp was DC, it'll be an intense D vs a laid back D.

Special teams have sucked the last couple years. Fipp being a fiery ST Coord is not proof he’d be a good DC. Stop you look silly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Special teams have sucked the last couple years. Fipp being a fiery ST Coord is not proof he’d be a good DC. Stop you look silly. 

Being fiery has nothing to do with your job, that's something that's innate, hell, you can be a fiery bank teller.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

OK, so let's hire me to be the OC then, since it isn't a real job. 

Enough of the insane Duce worship among this fanbase.

And the media.  I just googled him to check the year he was given the Asst HC title and there are stories from NBC Sports Philly and others wondering what this hire means for Duce.

Not Stoutland, or Fipp or Burke or any other coach though.  

Duce was made Asst HC in 2018 after Reich left.  What has Duce done in that role exactly?  The players keep saying he's great and commands respect.  Ok, and? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arsenal79 said:

Why would Duce leave now?  He's probably Lowie's spy in the coaching staff at this point having been here under 3 different head coaches already.

If Lowie tries to keep him we'll know its true.

Did you...purposely combine Howie and Lurie into a couple portmanteau?  

• Like 1

Im open minded.   Hate re-tred hires.  Like young hires.

Liked doug.  Still like doug.  But clearly lurie is a believer in wentz so here we are.   

lets see what we got.  Give him a chance.  

one thing is our division is as much of a mess as we are so in that regard, this guy can choose his coordinators and has no excuses for not improving this team 

On the flip side, we are clearly riding and dying with wentz.  If sheetes the bed next season then what?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

He might bring in his dad and two brothers, he comes from a coaching family, all have done well, one brother has a .812 winning percentage.

As for Nick, seems as though he was a standout WR at Mount Union, they won 3 Division 3 titles when he was there. 

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Perhaps Burke the D line coach, they continue to be a solid unit and were among the league leaders in sacks.