Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

3 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Maybe he brings the colts wr coach to be the OC :whistle:

Are we going to get A real live OC for next season?

• Like 1

Just now, NOTW said:

Perhaps Burke the D line coach, they continue to be a solid unit and were among the league leaders in sacks.

For the money they invested in the D line they had better look decent.

The thing about Fipp is he's played DB as well as coached the position several times.

Just now, SNOORDA said:

Are we going to get A real live OC for next season?

Do you think the colts wr coach will be a good OC? 

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

For the money they invested in the D line they had better look decent.

The thing about Fipp is he's played DB as well as coached the position several times.

I just mean retaining Burke as D line coach.  He is a former DC and other position coaches as well.  

1 hour ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Basically after 15 people someone said yes to Wentz?

Let's just hope that if he fails to fix Wentz in two years that Lurie doesn't spend the next ten years trying to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

He might bring in his dad and two brothers, he comes from a coaching family, all have done well, one brother has a .812 winning percentage.

As for Nick, seems as though he was a standout WR at Mount Union, they won 3 Division 3 titles when he was there. 

At the very least he has a great support system when times get really hard, which they will sooner or later. It's stupid on my part but I really hope Jeff and Howie let Nick sink or swim with guys he wants around him. Sure help him out year 1 and maybe 2 but after that they need to back the hell off.

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Did you...purposely combine Howie and Lurie into a couple portmanteau?  

People in TATE have been doing that for about a week now lol

• Haha 1

On Duce:

He doesn't have to have had prior experience as a coordinator, there are position coaches that become head coaches.  Reid was a QB coach, never a coordinator.  Doug was barely an OC in KC, really a QB coach as well.  Harbaugh was a special teams coach.  Head coach candidates don't have to have play calling experience as an OC or DC.  It's a good thing to have IMO, but coaches have succeeded without it.  In fact, we've wanted Doug here to not call plays and just be the game manager and let the OC call plays.  

Duce is "qualified" in title by being an Asst HC the last 3 seasons.  But no one has any clue what he did.  All we hear from players is that he's great, they love and respect him.  Ok, he's a former player and they get along with him that's great.

It also could be a problem when so many players are tweeting they want Duce and they pass him over, is that a potential locker room issue?  A new coach might want to clean house, or he might embrace him and utilize his knowledge of the team being here so long.  We'll see.

No other team has wanted to interview Duce, not even to easily satisfy the Rooney Rule.  I don't get the hype for him to be a HC.  It's also hard to know who does what on this coaching staff, they had 16 consultants and assistant offensive coaches and the offense stunk.

• Like 3

Is this literally the last guy they interviewed? Well it worked with Doug. Maybe it works again...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

At the very least he has a great support system when times get really hard, which they will sooner or later. It's stupid on my part but I really hope Jeff and Howie let Nick sink or swim with guys he wants around him. Sure help him out year 1 and maybe 2 but after that they need to back the hell off.

If they want to hep him out, have a good draft.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Would be nice, but they couldn’t even do that for Doug, after a Super Bowl win.... and a freakin statue.   Lurie wouldn’t even let Rocky Balboa hire his own trainer!! 

"Micks to old, gotta get younger”

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Is this literally the last guy they interviewed? Well it worked with Doug. Maybe it works again...

At least they didn’t hire Gase.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Do you think the colts wr coach will be a good OC? 

I dont know.

But not hiring a OC and doing an OC by committee trick didnt work out too well. It was a full blown coach and qb killing disaster.   

i honestly think a HC should have a buffer between the franchise qb. Especially when the franchise qb needs "special” attention. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

I dont know.

But not hiring a OC and doing an OC by committee trick didnt work out too well. It was a full blown coach and qb killing disaster.   

Just look up who it is. Jesus man. Killing the joke

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

I dont know.

the colts wide receiver coach is Mike Groh lol

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

Lol it was starting to get me too. Posted at the same time as you 

3 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Sorry. My bad.  But  I dont get paid to do that kinda coaching enquires.  

i just know we need a middle man between wentz and our new hc

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Reid went from a position coach to Head Coach. Never spent one day as a coordinator. 

True. But, it was a QB coach position.  Plus, the Eagles were a dump after Rhodes left, so I don' t think Lurie had a lot of options then. 

After thinking hard about this new hire... bottom line- Lurie gave Howie the coach he wanted...a young unknown who he can control at every turn. Howie was afraid of how strong a man Josh McDaniels is, and wanted no part of him, after all. Until this org hires a real coach who hires his own staff and has some real power- like most other NFL teams, the Eagles will be a dysfunctional joke. I am backing the new coach, because the deck is STACKED against him, and he is our Eagles coach. I'll give him time and try not to turn on him too quickly. But make no mistake... this is Lurie and Howie's new, young puppet. I hope he succeeds and outlasts Howie this time around. I hope THIS coach becomes Howie's downfall. 

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

After thinking hard about this new hire... bottom line- Lurie gave Howie the coach he wanted...a young unknown who he can control at every turn. Howie was afraid of how strong a man Josh McDaniels is, and wanted no part of him, after all. Until this org hires a real coach who hires his own staff and has some real power- like most other NFL teams, the Eagles will be a dysfunctional joke. I am backing the new coach, because the deck is STACKED against him, and he is our Eagles coach. I'll give him time and try not to turn on him too quickly. But make no mistake... this is Lurie and Howie's new, young puppet. I hope he succeeds and outlasts Howie this time around. I hope THIS coach becomes Howie's downfall. 

By all accounts I've seen, Howie wanted McDaniels, but Lurie wasn't sold on him.  

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Key fail for the eagles- "Who HOWIE gets"- freeking let the coach pick his own staff. This is why the org is in shambles. Shi* like this.

What makes you think the HC and Howie aren't on the same page with this.  One of the things the team was impressed with was Sirianni's choices for his staff.

Note aside - the staff that the FO assembled for Dougie won a SB.  Dougie dropped the ball in replacing coaches who were poached by other teams.

11 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Howie by all  accounts was the McDaniels advocate. 

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Howie by all  accounts was the McDaniels advocate. 

Links to those accounts?