Eagles Hire Jonathan Gannon as DC (Colts DB coach)

Uscg-green

Dude gets a pass this week.  They were good.

2 hours ago, NCTANK said:

game ball goes to the defense 

Game ball goes to Sam Darnold who threw the ball exactly where the strengh is with Gannon's defense. Anyone who studies film sees Gannon runs a cover 2 sink zone style base defense. Sam threw exactly where the outside CBs are sitting. Made zero sense he released the ball to those areas. Just proves how dumb Sam is at QB. He gave the Eagles the win on a silver platter. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Not a Gannon fan:

Herbert 32-38

Another game, another QB completing more than 80% of his throws. 

He's a joke. He does nothing creative. He does nothing aggressive. He's bad flat out. This D needs talent no doubt but it also has talent. The DL is above average, the CBs are pretty good for the most part. He could do more with this defense but he's soft. 

• Like 2

We had no sacks, forced zero turnovers and made the opposing QB look like a HOFer. What do we possibly have to lose by being aggressive?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

We had no sacks, forced zero turnovers and made the opposing QB look like a HOFer. What do we possibly have to lose by being aggressive?

Exactly. Hit the nail on the head there bud. What did they have to lose? This offense was rolling so why not get aggressive and worst case you give up a TD but give your offense time to score. 

I can't stand to watch my team drain the clock because they won't get aggressive. It was infuriating to watch and know what was going to happen. 

• Like 1

He doesn’t change anything. It seemed so obvious to me that Herbert was just picking us apart, underneath. And when Herbert dropped back for deep drops, it was 7 on 7 because LA kept 6 or more to block. 

gannon never tried to speed Herbert up. Might've blitzed twice all game. Didn’t even show blitz and drop out. On one play the eagles did a zone blitz where they blitzed a lb and dropped Derek barnett in coverage. Now granted…. That was a stupid idea. But at least he tried to change something. Too often it’s just the same old cover 2/3/4, rush 4, die a death if a million cuts. Any (and every) competent qb will throw for 80%+ on this defense. And that’s terrible. 

45 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly. Hit the nail on the head there bud. What did they have to lose? This offense was rolling so why not get aggressive and worst case you give up a TD but give your offense time to score. 

I can't stand to watch my team drain the clock because they won't get aggressive. It was infuriating to watch and know what was going to happen. 

Agree. Watching a D scheme and play this way is boring and demoralizing as a fan to watch.  I can only imagine how I would feel if I was a player being asked to execute it.  It is not a product I enjoy watching.  I would much rather see creativity and aggression and good managed risk vs this vanilla BS.  I am Fing tired of seeing a CB 10+ yards off the ball on a 3rd and 4.

I hope Fangio gets fired and Eagles can Gannon and hire Fangio to coach the D.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Why again was he so sought after?

I still don't get it. He hasn't shown anything and the defense has regressed

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I still don't get it. He hasn't shown anything and the defense has regressed

I can't recall it ever being this bad.

Gannon is revolutionizing the NFL with sticks defense on every play.  Bold strategy cotton.  Let's see if that pays off for him.

Welp mostly everyone wanted Schwartz gone so bad.... I wasnt a huge fan of Schwartz but, I also knew he got a lot out of a limited roster. 

2 hours ago, proveagle said:

Agree. Watching a D scheme and play this way is boring and demoralizing as a fan to watch.  I can only imagine how I would feel if I was a player being asked to execute it.  It is not a product I enjoy watching.  I would much rather see creativity and aggression and good managed risk vs this vanilla BS.  I am Fing tired of seeing a CB 10+ yards off the ball on a 3rd and 4.

This. This! A million times THIS!!!

6 hours ago, proveagle said:

It was just pathetic. Guys like Cox and the experienced guys can't be happy with this scheme. It is so reactive and it is so plain and boring. Change things up. 

This isn’t a Gannon thing, but I’d be 100% ok with them just flat out cutting Barnett. This dude makes the dumbest mistakes in big moments. Such a bust. 

• Like 2

You can understand a lack of talent in some areas, not every team can have the best players.

But the lack of aggression and general physicality is unforgivable.

It's an aggressive sport, hit people, make life difficult (within the rules 🙄).

In recent games, Carr and Herbert may as well have worn red shirts, just way too easy for them.

This DC, so far, stinks!!

But  at some point,  the roster needs to be better and once in awhile a player needs to make a play out there! 

5 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

This DC, so far, stinks!!

But  at some point,  the roster needs to be better and once in awhile a player needs to make a play out there! 

Hard to make a play when they’re forced into a conservative scheme. 

• Like 2