Anyone got a bad feeling the Eagles will draft a QB in the first round?

opa-opa

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I like how you guys talked yourselves into something to be pissed about that never happened or was even said was going to happen lol. 

Just check the Watson trade rumor topic.  :lol:

17 minutes ago, NOTW said:

After the latest Bucky draft , where jets take Chase and Eagles select Fields... My confidence  level that the Eagles will stick with Hurts has dropped significantly. I like Hurts and I want him to get a fair shot. However if the Eagles select Fields...that means they are not sold on Hurts and they intend to trade one QB to someone also. It also means different camps in the locker room, and instead of Eagles building support around whoever is playing QB they are still in QB fantasy. No QB without proper support can win in the NFL.

On 3/18/2021 at 5:43 PM, NOTW said:

Where's Jim Stark when you need him, Jimmy Sizzle was 3-0!

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

After the latest Bucky draft , where jets take Chase and Eagles select Fields... My confidence  level that the Eagles will stick with Hurts has dropped significantly. I like Hurts and I want him to get a fair shot. However if the Eagles select Fields...that means they are not sold on Hurts and they intend to trade one QB to someone also. It also means different camps in the locker room, and instead of Eagles building support around whoever is playing QB they are still in QB fantasy. No QB without proper support can win in the NFL.

Been saying this forever, If either Fields or Lance is on the board at #6, one of them will be the pick, no F****** doubt about it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Been saying this forever, If either Fields or Lance is on the board at #6, one of them will be the pick, no F****** doubt about it.

If I had to make some guesses:  Fields will be off the board before 6.  Lance will be there but we won't take him.  We will take a player to help Hurts succeed (Chase, Pitts, or one of the Bama WRs). 

That would be my preference - to take an offensive weapon (preferably Chase or Pitts).  If we don't land either of them then hoping we trade back with a team wanting to take Lance - get a high pick in return (2nd or 3rd, depending on how far back we trade) and take one of the top CBs (Horn or Surtain).  

9 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

We need a QB, but I can't remotely see Howie admitting the error of the Hurts pick.  That would really put he and Lurie in a bad position.

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

We need a QB, but I can't remotely see Howie admitting the error of the Hurts pick.  That would really put he and Lurie in a bad position.

To me it just adds yet more uncertainty to the QB room.  They owe it to themselves to see what Hurts looks like before jumping the gun and pulling the trigger on another.  

• Like 2

Very little chance we draft a QB with the 6th round. We’ll roll with Hurts and see what he can do with having the helm for a full preseason and playing season. I don’t know if he’s the answer of not, but we need time to evaluate him in the position before spending anymore first rounder of QBs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Columbus Eagle said:

Very little chance we draft a QB with the 6th round pick. We’ll roll with Hurts and see what he can do with having the helm for a full preseason and playing season. I don’t know if he’s the answer of not, but we need time to evaluate him in the position before spending anymore first rounder of QBs. 

FYP, I wouldn't rule out the 6th round. After all we are a "QB factory".

I have a bad feeling that we won't. At this point, I'm not sold on Hurts.

• Like 1

I keep hearing Howie's comments that they don't plan on being at the top of the draft again, that tells me if one of these top quarterbacks are available this weasel is going to pick one. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I didn't see any Eagles games last year so I didn't see Hurts play at all. Did this guy look special? 

1 hour ago, L.E said:

I didn't see any Eagles games last year so I didn't see Hurts play at all. Did this guy look special? 

I think he flashed some special things at times. He played well in the first half of games and then struggled in the second half of games. I think he showed enough to warrant a chance this year but not enough to have a long leash.

1 hour ago, L.E said:

I wouldn’t say special, but a serviceable starter. Had really quality outings against Arizona and New Orleans, bad performances against Dallas and WFT. I will say that the Arizona/NO games For having same supporting cast as Wentz, Hurts brought some life back to Eagles football. Those 2 games were probably funnest games all season. 

He had a 52% CMP, 6 TD, 4 INT, 1061 yards, and a 77% passer rating. 

Im not ready to call him a long term starter, but I think he’s done proved enough to be the starter for 2021 season, especially with it being a transition year. Plenty are skeptical of his ceiling, but I’m a huge fan of his professionalism, mental makeup, and work ethic. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

We are talking about people who let Carson walk after sinking a fortune into him. They will spin that it is a QB league, and don't blink twice about selecting another QB at 6. While I whole heartedly disagree with selecting QB at 6..because I want to see what Hurts got...I do not own the team. and next year's QBs are not as good as this year...So while I agree that it would be another blunder in terms of building a team..financially it makes sense..because then they can trade a QB next year from a position of strength..and get more capital for him. I hope they do not do that..but I am 80 percent convinced that if one of the top QBs is there at 6 ..Howie is doing it.

2 hours ago, L.E said:

He did alright,.... considering the circumstances.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have a bad feeling that we won't. At this point, I'm not sold on Hurts.

Last year was a total Fup. We did spend a second round pick on him. Hurts ran for his life due to Record bad O line. There is not enough evidence to judge either way, whether Hurts can make it ..or not. How can anyone decide either way? You want me to quote how bad most franchise QBs were their first few games? I say let's not undermine him but give him some weapons before we decide. 

2 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I wouldn’t say special, but a serviceable starter. Had really quality outings against Arizona and New Orleans, bad performances against Dallas and WFT. I will say that the Arizona/NO games For having same supporting cast as Wentz, Hurts brought some life back to Eagles football. Those 2 games were probably funnest games all season. 

Im not ready to call him a long term starter, but I think he’s done proved enough to be the starter for 2021 season, especially with it being a transition year. Plenty are skeptical of his ceiling, but I’m a huge fan of his professionalism, mental makeup, and work ethic. 

Don't forget the 9 fumbles. 

3 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I agree I think it is in the best interest of the team to get an extended look at him in 2021 for a few reasons - one, as you mentioned, is that it is going to be a transition year, another is that we just used a relatively high pick on him less than 12 months ago - picking another QB at 6 pretty much seals the deal on his fate as the new guy will certainly be expected to be the starter.  I'm also think it is too early to consider him as our long term starter, but hard to say anything about his mental makeup.  We thought Wentz was solid in that area in his first couple of years (and of course his work ethic was widely heralded).  I think everything is TBD.    

5 hours ago, L.E said:

He was, statistically, almost the same as Wentz last year, so no He didn't look special but nobody would behind that line and with those skill position players.

26 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

He was, statistically, almost the same as Wentz last year, so no He didn't look special but nobody would behind that line and with those skill position players.

Not saying our line was good but most rankings have the Eagles pass protection as better than the Texans, Vikings and Raiders to name but 3 and Watson, Cousins and Carr all broke 4000 yards and had a passer rating over 100.

12 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Not saying our line was good but most rankings have the Eagles pass protection as better than the Texans, Vikings and Raiders to name but 3

I don't understand how that is possible. We had like 16 different starting lineups. The guys were wearing name tags so they knew who everyone was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Not saying our line was good but most rankings have the Eagles pass protection as better than the Texans, Vikings and Raiders to name but 3 and Watson, Cousins and Carr all broke 4000 yards and had a passer rating over 100.

And were those guys throwing to practice squad receivers??

Also, most of the reason they were ranked as high as 19th for last year is due to their run blocking.  To bad we didn't run the ball more.  Kelce was #3 center in the league for run blocking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

We are talking about people who let Carson walk after sinking a fortune into him. They will spin that it is a QB league, and don't blink twice about selecting another QB at 6. While I whole heartedly disagree with selecting QB at 6..because I want to see what Hurts got...I do not own the team. and next year's QBs are not as good as this year...So while I agree that it would be another blunder in terms of building a team..financially it makes sense..because then they can trade a QB next year from a position of strength..and get more capital for him. I hope they do not do that..but I am 80 percent convinced that if one of the top QBs is there at 6 ..Howie is doing it.

Let's see what Hurts got this year. IF we stink still, then I want Howell from NC next year(42TD's-ZERO picks)