Anyone got a bad feeling the Eagles will draft a QB in the first round?

opa-opa

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Well, not after Lurie (according to ESPN's Mort) instructed the team to make Hurts the starter and build around him, and not bring in any QB competition.

We are taking about pitts now keep up

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Pitts absolutely has that type of potential. Clearly you don’t watch a lot of Florida. 

Actually, I watch a lot of Florida football.  My old lady is a Gator.  Pitts is good, no doubt.  And will be a good pro.  But not worth the 6th overall pick.  Chase or Sewell would be worth the 6th pick and if neither of them are available at 6, trade out and gain draft capital.  Way too many holes on this team to pick a TE at 6. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VeeMak said:

Actually, I watch a lot of Florida football.  My old lady is a Gator.  Pitts is good, no doubt.  And will be a good pro.  But not worth the 6th overall pick.  Chase or Sewell would be worth the 6th pick and if neither of them are available at 6, trade out and gain draft capital.  Way too many holes on this team to pick a TE at 6. 

I have Pitts at 3rd best prospect in the draft behind Lawrence and Sewell. I'd love to trade down with CAR for 8 and 40 and grab Pitts at 8, but I'd still take him at 6.  All good. Different strokes for different folks.  Howie is gonna wind up taking a 3rd round G at 6 anyway. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I have Pitts at 3rd best prospect in the draft behind Lawrence and Sewell. I'd love to trade down with CAR for 8 and 40 and grab Pitts at 8, but I'd still take him at 6.  All good. Different strokes for different folks.  Howie is gonna wind up taking a 3rd round G at 6 anyway. lol

Sad but true.  Given that harsh dose of reality, I change my mind.  Draft him at 6.  The alternative from Howie is far worse than Pitts at 6.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I will be worried if Howie trades back.  For 2 reasons.

1. He doesn't think any of the top prospects are worth it and we're going to miss out on a potential stud (potential key word, yes draft is no guarantee)
  2. The lower he goes, the less likely to take the more obvious choice.  That's when he starts to get cute or take a JAG, or worse a bust

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, NOTW said:

1. He doesn't think any of the top prospects are worth it and we're going to miss out on a potential stud (potential key word, yes draft is no guarantee)
  2. The lower he goes, the less likely to take the more obvious choice.  That's when he starts to get cute or take a JAG, or worse a bust

yes... I like the idea of trading back to get more young players (if our guy isn't there at 6), but I dont trust Howie when it is less obvious. One of our guys will be there at 6, so dont overthink it howie

• Like 2

A WR is always a popular pick and Eagles fans won't settle for anything less than a guaranteed #1 receiver. 
We might be able to get one at 6 who satifies them. Smith, Chase or Waddle might still be on the board.

Pitts is a hot weapon at TE but not known for blocking which might matter,
depending on the state of the O line and the other blockers (or non-blockers) on the O.

The O line and secondary are questionable - injuries always seem to reduce them.
If the O line is weak, it won't matter who the receivers are.

We won't be contenders this year. Maybe not next year either. The cap is a huge problem.
So whoever we take, let's hope they're sturdy and resilient so they'll still be in top form
in a few years when we have more pieces in place.  Someone who will grow with the team,
not just a flashy pick that will be wasted due to poor support.

6 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

A WR is always a popular pick and Eagles fans won't settle for anything less than a guaranteed #1 receiver. 
We might be able to get one at 6 who satifies them. Smith, Chase or Waddle might still be on the board.

Pitts is a hot weapon at TE but not known for blocking which might matter,
depending on the state of the O line and the other blockers (or non-blockers) on the O.

The O line and secondary are questionable - injuries always seem to reduce them.
If the O line is weak, it won't matter who the receivers are.

We won't be contenders this year. Maybe not next year either. The cap is a huge problem.
So whoever we take, let's hope they're sturdy and resilient so they'll still be in top form
in a few years when we have more pieces in place.  Someone who will grow with the team,
not just a flashy pick that will be wasted due to poor support.

I like the way you think, but you are forgetting that the worst GM at drafting is also the worst at hiring medical and training staff.  Odds are, we reach for JAG at 6, JAG blows up some soft tissue in training camp, medical staff thinks they can fix JAG, JAG never gets put on IR, GM can’t go sign another JAG off street to replace soft tissue JAG since medical staff thinks soft tissue JAG is day to day, and GM gets to hang on to job because soft tissue reach at 6 JAG will need another year to show potential.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 7:45 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

Pitts is more a WR than a TE. Now they need to be willing to use both Goedert and Pitts most of the time, but I think he would be a good pick. He's a matchup nightmare.

Pitts and Goedert are both Ends.   How many Ends do you use on every single play on offense, always, by rule?

On 3/11/2021 at 12:44 AM, Random Reglar said:

Pitts and Goedert are both Ends.   How many Ends do you use on every single play on offense, always, by rule?

Pitts is a guy who can be moved all over their field, but the Eagles run a lot of double TE sets anyways. There’s also a chance they can’t resign Goedert and we also don’t know how good he can be if he’s the number one guy. He hasn’t exactly proven he can be that guy just yet. 

well the encouraging thing is that Sirianni has said that he will play to the strengths of his players...which is a refreshing change from the "square peg in a round hole" that we are used to..so if they get Pitts...hopefully......

I have had a Mac Jones feeling for a while. Would be hard to disappoint me with almost any non-QB in the first, which is why I feel like we’ll take one. #QBfactory 

5 hours ago, Shakenbake36 said:

I have had a Mac Jones feeling for a while. Would be hard to disappoint me with almost any non-QB in the first, which is why I feel like we’ll take one. #QBfactory 

My god really? Mac Jones. Jeez I mean that would be one way to unite this fan base against owner and GM.

13 hours ago, Shakenbake36 said:

Same here. I've also had the same feeling that they like him.  I actually like Mac Jones, but not at #6 considering all the needs this team has.  But, if the QBs go flying off the board early, then Mac Jones' value will most likely go up, too. But, I would rather the Eagles just give Hurts a shot and draft Pitts, Chase or Sewell.  We need a lot of talent.  And, it wouldn't make any sense if the Eagles go QB again this soon after drafting Hurts in the 2nd.  If they go QB in Round 1, it even puts more blame on Howie for wasting a 2nd on a QB that isn't in their long term plans.

13 hours ago, flyerdog said:

well the encouraging thing is that Sirianni has said that he will play to the strengths of his players...which is a refreshing change from the "square peg in a round hole" that we are used to..so if they get Pitts...hopefully......

Every coach says that. We'll see what he actually does. 

• Like 3

On 3/9/2021 at 1:24 PM, NOTW said:

You had me at I will be worried.

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

My god really? Mac Jones. Jeez I mean that would be one way to unite this fan base against owner and GM.

It would be an upgrade at the position. You clearly understand that all of these top QBs would be drafted well ahead of Lurie's choice in any year...rounds ahead of him.  I suspect that this would enrage the Hurts fanboys more than anyone else, but most football people know that we need a QB.

That said, I don't see Howie admitting last year's error and picking another QB.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:24 PM, NOTW said:

Oh 110% this if Howie trades out of 6 I can pretty much guarantee Pitts will make Tony Gonzalez look like an amateur and we'll draft the next Smith II / Watkins at about 15, and the new Josh Huff with an extra pick in the 3rd.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2021 at 4:24 PM, NOTW said:

Any time that you give Howie a chance to F it up, you should assume that he will do so.  Pick #6 is an almost guaranteed hit.  Going backwards opens the door for a flop. 

Unfortunately, he will get a pass if he trades down and misses.  The excuse train is already loaded with depleted roster comments.

• Like 1

It's not a question of if but a question of when. Last year the QB Factory pumped out the Wentz model albeit at a significant loss. CEO Howie Roseman is confident this years new and improved Hurts model will return the Eagles to profitability. Of course we can't let the boys and girls working the assembly line sit there and get paid for nothing so we will be drafting some new QB stock that will help the Philadelphia Eagles become the top quarterback producing team in the NFL.

16 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

agreed....watched a lot of his highlights...Jalen Waddle and Devonta Smith made him look very good...Nate Sudfield would be a pro bowler if he was able to throw to those guys every game...also noticed that he tended to focus on one side of the field and "wait"...which was Carson's problem....so...it could easily be going from the frying pan into the fire....

I like how you guys talked yourselves into something to be pissed about that never happened or was even said was going to happen lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

agreed....watched a lot of his highlights...Jalen Waddle and Devonta Smith made him look very good...Nate Sudfield would be a pro bowler if he was able to throw to those guys every game...also noticed that he tended to focus on one side of the field and "wait"...which was Carson's problem....so...it could easily be going from the frying pan into the fire....

From Hurts to Jones would be an upgrade in the eyes of most of the professionals (not TATE).  If Hurts were in this class, he's get a 3rd round (likely later) grade and Mac would still be Top 15.  The truth "hurts" sometimes. 

12 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

From Hurts to Jones would be an upgrade in the eyes of most of the professionals (not TATE).  If Hurts were in this class, he's get a 3rd round (likely later) grade and Mac would still be Top 15.  The truth "hurts" sometimes. 

perhaps...but you have to be careful, especially at QB, with the guys that had essentially one good season...then add to that the fact that he was throwing to the #2 and #3 rated WR prospects...not saying Jones wouldn't be legit...but these are legitimate concerns

6 hours ago, flyerdog said:

perhaps...but you have to be careful, especially at QB, with the guys that had essentially one good season...then add to that the fact that he was throwing to the #2 and #3 rated WR prospects...not saying Jones wouldn't be legit...but these are legitimate concerns

I trust the experts on this one.  They see through all of that clutter, just like they did/do with Hurts. He's a high pick. Maybe not #6, but it's still a very high grade versus a 3rd or later grade.

Add: I don't think we take a QB.  That requires Howie and Lurie to admit their error last year.