Anyone got a bad feeling the Eagles will draft a QB in the first round?

opa-opa

On 2/24/2021 at 7:38 AM, EricAllenPick6 said:

I want to know what the deal is with Pitts.  Don't we already have Goedert and he is basically the reason why we are OK with letting Ertz go.  Goedert backs up Pitts?  Are we running 2 TE formations more next year?   

Pitts works best as a physical WR outside. He uses his body to create separation, instead of his speed. I am not sure he is worth a 6th overall..but definitely a top 10 player in the draft. If only we could drop back and pick him at ...?...9th? I would be very happy.

39 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Fields is Hurts 2.0. Going to suck and never amount to anything. Lawrence will probably be gone along with Wilson.

Wilson supposedly has ego. He comes from a rich parents, and is somewhat spoiled. This is the knock on him. While Wilson is an excellent QB...I am pretty sure he would fail in Philadelphia. It is a wrong city for him to start his career. My hope is to find a developmental gem somewhere late in the draft at QB. 

51 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Fields is Hurts 2.0. Going to suck and never amount to anything. Lawrence will probably be gone along with Wilson.

Fields is overrated. Charley Casserly has Fields slide down all the way to Pitt at 24. I do not disagree. He is very similar to Hurts in terms of skill.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Wilson supposedly has ego. He comes from a rich parents, and is somewhat spoiled. This is the knock on him. While Wilson is an excellent QB...I am pretty sure he would fail in Philadelphia. It is a wrong city for him to start his career. My hope is to find a developmental gem somewhere late in the draft at QB. 

Philly is the wrong city for any QB to start their career. 

20 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Philly is the wrong city for any QB to start their career. 

You got to have thick skin to start your career, as a QB in Philly. In 1985 another QB, who used to run a lot, was also drafted in the second round by the Eagles. Randall Cunningham. Maybe this is where similarities end? But  I am very optimistic about Hurts, and am excited to watch him next year.

No I don't have that bad feeing, which probably means Howie is going to do it.  

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I watched Wilson and am not impressed.

9 hours ago, macgregor said:

I would love him if he slips. Just not a 6. I think QBs will go fast. He may not even be there at 6. But if he's not, Sewell or Waddle, maybe even Chase will be there.

Best scenario, Fields is on the board at 6. Trade down with the Panthers for 8 and 40. Grab Pitts at 8, Tyson Campbell at 38, Ritchie Grant at 40, Kyle Trask at 70. If Trask is gone then wait until day 3 to grab a developmental guy like Newman, Ehlinger, Buechele, Mond, etc.  

3 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I want us to move down and get Pits at 8.

If Pitts is their guy, they won't gamble and trade back two spots to get him.  That's how you lose out on players that you want.  You only trade down for a player if you like a player that will go @10 spots or more further down.  

I would just keep Hurts, draft WR or TE in 1st rd. Sign Cam Newton as a backup/ QB competition in training camp. 

I smell a brandon Graham type trade. Both 3rds to move up to three. I despise them for this qb factory mindset.

1 hour ago, Right4thePicking said:

I smell a brandon Graham type trade. Both 3rds to move up to three. I despise them for this qb factory mindset.

Daniel Jeremiah was on Cowherd today and said the Eagles would in no way pass on Zach Wilson, considering Daniel's history and ties with the Eagles FO, I'm inclined to believe him. If Howie trades upto #2, it will be for Wilson.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Daniel Jeremiah was on Cowherd today and said the Eagles would in no way pass on Zach Wilson, considering Daniel's history and ties with the Eagles FO, I'm inclined to believe him. If Howie trades upto #2, it will be for Wilson.

The Jets are taking Wilson. I think Atlanta takes Fields. So the only way Howie is getting one of the top 3 QBs is if he can get Miami to swap 3 for 6. 

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Believe me I already know how we are. Uhhhhhh... I just for once wish we would build a team. But no such luck.

I think all the QB stuff at 6 is smoke.  The most likely thing to happen at 6 is, in order: Draft a CB (Farley, probably), trade back, draft Chase.  

I would actually be shocked if they took a QB with their first pick.  Unless Wilson falls to 6th (which ain't happening), I just don't see it.  Fields or Lance?  I'd just roll with Hurts.

8 hours ago, bobokd1 said:

I would just keep Hurts, draft WR or TE in 1st rd. Sign Cam Newton as a backup/ QB competition in training camp. 

Nothing bad could happen with Cam as a backup, especially when he is better than the starter.

1 hour ago, Perforator said:

If they draft another quarterback with the 1st round pick I am going to lose it.

You are safe.  It will take a season for Howie to see that he didn't draft Russell WIlson last year.  Look for a QB next draft.

They are either taking a QB at 6, or all of this is a smoke screen to get other teams to give them a great offer to move down. Way too much noise for one of the two to not be true. I'm hoping they plan to move down 2-4 spots and take Pitts, Smith, Surtain, or Farley. wITH THIS ORGANIZATION DOING THINGS THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN RECENTLY, THESE DUMMIES WILL PROBABLY DRAFT A QB.

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Best scenario, Fields is on the board at 6. Trade down with the Panthers for 8 and 40. Grab Pitts at 8, Tyson Campbell at 38, Ritchie Grant at 40, Kyle Trask at 70. If Trask is gone then wait until day 3 to grab a developmental guy like Newman, Ehlinger, Buechele, Mond, etc.  

I'm coming around on Fields, and stepping away from Trask. Mac Jones seems to have the best arm of the 3 tbh. If we could get him in the 2nd, that would be great. Maybe trade up with an extra 5 if necessary.

We're about to lose Ertz because we have too much talent at TE, and people want to draft another. We'll then be asking why didn't Goeddert get more catches. Ertz didn't regress last season, the QB did. Remember that! His arm, reads, and footwork got lazy. But also his communication and leadership. He decided he didn't want to be here. F him.