**** EMB Fantasy Baseball *****

59 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

After you dealt for Kershaw, I thought you had the strongest roster in the league.  

Right after i got him my entire team took a turn for the worse. Judge got covid, rendon hurt his hip, Bauer beat women during sex and then kershaw got hurt within the period of a week. It was pretty brutal. Lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna have the third most points in the league and miss the playoffs. Really hurt when i lost last week having the second most points in the league and lost to the guy who had damn near 450 points 

Diaz (loss, blown save) trying to sink my playoffs team in one day! That's what I get trusting a Mets closer.  :thumbdown:

15 hours ago, toolg said:

Diaz (loss, blown save) trying to sink my playoffs team in one day! That's what I get trusting a Mets closer.  :thumbdown:

Ouch, -13. 

Very lucky to be winning after yesterday’s games.  I was nervous seeing you had 3 SP and I had none.  I decided to sit my pitchers on Sunday in hopes I can get better production from guys later in the matchup as we approach the 22 starts for pitchers. 

3 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Very lucky to be winning after yesterday’s games.  I was nervous seeing you had 3 SP and I had none.  I decided to sit my pitchers on Sunday in hopes I can get better production from guys later in the matchup as we approach the 22 starts for pitchers. 

Darvish has completely collapsed. I don’t know if it’s age, his bad back, or the sticky stuff ban but he can’t get anybody out right now.

At least I get Giolitto back this week.

3 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Darvish has completely collapsed. I don’t know if it’s age, his bad back, or the sticky stuff ban but he can’t get anybody out right now.

My lack of pitching sunk me in 1st round of playoffs.  @toolg on his way to the finals unless my offense can go berzerk the next 6 days.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

My lack of pitching sunk me in 1st round of playoffs.  @toolg on his way to the finals unless my offense can go berzerk the next 6 days.

My offense going berserk is the only reason I’m still close. Wish I had gotten to see the line up I have now with Trout and Acuna added to it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, downundermike said:

My team is in a habit of tanking early in the week, only to turn it on over the weekend. I still have two pitchers that are net negative over the week+. I would have been better not starting them at all. But the Burnes/Hader combined no-hitter on Saturday really pulled me out of the dregs. Let's see how it goes!

9 minutes ago, toolg said:

My team is in a habit of tanking early in the week, only to turn it on over the weekend. I still have two pitchers that are net negative over the week+. I would have been better not starting them at all. But the Burnes/Hader combined no-hitter on Saturday really pulled me out of the dregs. Let's see how it goes!

That was huge as we both had 50 points offensively that day.  The 57 from your two pitchers was HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

3 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Going to be a good finish to our game this week.

It is. My pitchers finally showed up yesterday to at least give me a shot. This has been a fun match up.

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

It is. My pitchers finally showed up yesterday to at least give me a shot. This has been a fun match up.

I thought I was good for the past couple days, then yesterday happened and I’m scrambling.

2 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

I thought I was good for the past couple days, then yesterday happened and I’m scrambling.

I thought it was over too, until yesterday 

2 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I thought it was over too, until yesterday 

I really didn’t like rooting for the Phillies, but while hoping Nola didn’t do well.  At least tonight I can root against Hill with more emphasis.

29 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

I really didn’t like rooting for the Phillies, but while hoping Nola didn’t do well.  At least tonight I can root against Hill with more emphasis.

I can’t bring myself to actively root for the Mets.  I’ll just ignore that game and check the points after.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Congrats @RPeeteRules 

Good luck next round to you and @downundermike

Mike, thanks for the invite to play fantasy baseball for the first time.  This was fun.  

It was bittersweet at the homer by McNeil gave me and the Mets the lead.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, toolg said:

Congrats to you and @RPeeteRules

My team totally crapped the bed this weekend.

Was a tight one.

We both had the same amount of starting pitcher starts.

I won on the offensive side 299-256

You beat me in pitching 360-330

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Was a tight one.

We both had the same amount of starting pitcher starts.

I won on the offensive side 299-256

You beat me in pitching 360-330

Crazy. Because I scrapped together a SP staff and it's not too great outside of Burnes. I do have a good set of relievers, yet Melancon and Diaz both disappointed over 2 weeks. I was just looking for some offense this weekend to push me through, but my hitters didn't do it.