**** EMB Fantasy Baseball *****

On 5/25/2021 at 11:59 AM, The Blackfish said:

After next week if you still need pitching, yes.  If there end up being rain outs and my 2 start pitchers against RodneyPeteRules get messed up, I’ll make one sooner, while I’m crying in a corner. 

I screwed myself this week playing games with 3rd basemen.   

I’m in trouble this week.  Need some of my aces to do well this weekend.

7 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Cole and Buehler about to rock my team's world tomorrow night. Didn't build up a big enough lead going in to the weekend.

Still wing and a prayer territory 🤣

6 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Cole and Buehler about to rock my team's world tomorrow night. Didn't build up a big enough lead going in to the weekend.

I might be at the 11 starting pitchers limit after Saturday, so it’ll be interesting to see where we are at that point.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

You got horses going tonight, get it done.  If you stay undefeated, I get into a first place tie in my division.

6 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Lets go Cole, lets go Buehler.

16 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

I’m in the same position, Means, DeGrom and Scherzer all pitched great Monday & Tuesday but their teams didn’t score and out of those three, their record was 0-1, lol.   Missing out on the extra 10 for a win is a killer especially when your hitting sucks.  

Those 3 start this weekend unless I get a rain out, then hopefully I’ll have one against you for 2 starts. I’m going your IL guys stay out one more week, if not you’ll have a record week. 

Plus out of nowhere, Gibson who’s been really good for me, pulls his groin??  4 days after his last start.  Good luck on the weekend. 

I need a lot to happen to pull off the win this week.  Losing to the high of the week doesn’t feel too bad.

2 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

I need a lot to happen to pull off the win this week.  Losing to the high of the week doesn’t feel too bad.

Looks like all the rain outs may have helped me, I might actually have DeGrom twice this week.    Scherzer was 0-2 this week giving up 4 runs in 14 innings, lol.    Nationals can’t hit 

My team has to have the most negative scores by a starting pitcher this year - ridiculous

51 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

My team has to have the most negative scores by a starting pitcher this year - ridiculous

That is the #1 thing I hate about fantasy, #2 is closers blowing saves.

Then there is #3, the two offensive players on my bench almost outscored the 9 guys that I had active yesterday.

Also - I don't mean to sound like I'm griping because I don't have the best pitching, but I REALLY hate the disparity in how valuable pitchers are compared to hitters.  Like, yeah, I get that they only go once or maybe twice a week, but it's absurd.  Let's say a hitter goes 3-4 with 2 HRs, 5 RBIs, a hit and a K.  That's 15 points.  A pitcher goes 6 and 1/3, strikes out 7, walks 1, gives up 5 hits and 3 runs, and doesn't get the win.  That's 16 points.  It's pretty obvious to me that the hitter in that scenario was FAR more valuable than the pitcher, yet the pitcher scores more points.  The logical part of my brain just can't comprehend that :lol: 

Anyway - I'm done ****ing for the day :lol: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Also - I don't mean to sound like I'm griping because I don't have the best pitching, but I REALLY hate the disparity in how valuable pitchers are compared to hitters.  Like, yeah, I get that they only go once or maybe twice a week, but it's absurd.  Let's say a hitter goes 3-4 with 2 HRs, 5 RBIs, a hit and a K.  That's 15 points.  A pitcher goes 6 and 1/3, strikes out 7, walks 1, gives up 5 hits and 3 runs, and doesn't get the win.  That's 16 points.  It's pretty obvious to me that the hitter in that scenario was FAR more valuable than the pitcher, yet the pitcher scores more points.  The logical part of my brain just can't comprehend that :lol: 

I agree.  The first year I play H2H fantasy baseball I had a similar gripe.  On the site, it said 1 IP was 1 pt.  It seemed strange to me, mainly because each out is 1/3 of an inning pitched.  Well apparently the site meant (I think ESPN) meant 1 out was 1 pt.  So I didn’t go pitchers early and found out quickly they outscore everyone else.  Since then, I fill up my pitchers first, then get whatever batters are left. I like that this league has 11 starting pitchers per week and only 5 adds.

56 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

I like that this league has 11 starting pitchers per week and only 5 adds.

I am 0-1 against you. Will change that for next year.

Would anyone be opposed to expanding the number of IL slots for each team?  Asking for me.  

For those that have played before, are there always this many injuries to deal with or has this season been especially bad? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Would anyone be opposed to expanding the number of IL slots for each team?  Asking for me.  

For those that have played before, are there always this many injuries to deal with or has this season been especially bad? 

I couldn't be more for this idea.

It seems my entire team is on the IL. Having to drop players because I just dont have enough IL spots.

16 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

It's always like this.  Two reasons - 1) the season is so long that a 10-day stint on the IL is really nothing in the grand scheme and 2) baseball players are **** (especially pitchers)

On 6/2/2021 at 7:41 AM, mikemack8 said:

I was actually going to post the other day i feel like pitching points are skewed compared to hitting.  I’d love next year if it were more balanced. 

frankly really dislike the -5 for a loss and 10 for a win. I’d make it 5 for a win and 0 for a loss. Reason let’s say a pitcher goes 5ip, 5Ers and wins the game cause his offense scored 8 runs before he left the game. So he gets 10 more points. Meanwhile degrom pitches 7 innings, gives up 1ER and loses the game he is dinged -5 because his offense didn’t show up even though he pitched better than the guy who got the win. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Meanwhile degrom pitches 7 innings, gives up 1ER and loses the game he is dinged -5 because his offense didn’t show up even though he pitched better than the guy who got the win. 

In this scenario, if Degrom loses, that means the other pitcher gave up 0 ER, so how did Degrom pitch better than the guy who got the win ??

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

In this scenario, if Degrom loses, that means the other pitcher gave up 0 ER, so how did Degrom pitch better than the guy who got the win ??

He went 7 innings gave up 1 earned run and got a loss. Meanwhile the other pitcher i said went 5 innings gave up 5 earned runs and got the win. Not on the same game two different games. How’s that better pitching when he gave up 4 more runs and went 2 innings less to justify the 15 point difference in the win and loss???

wins are not always indicative of how good you pitch all the time. Sometimes you can throw gems giving up 1 run and take a loss. Roy halladay in the Phillies last postseason was dominant.  gave up 1 run in 8 innings and lost because the Phillies bats couldn’t hit. He wasnt the issue to take a -5 in that performance. DeGrom routinely for like two or three seasons would go seven innings and give up two or less runs and lose ballgames because the Mets couldn’t hit. Meanwhile you could have arrieta pitching against the Braves win a ball game where he goes 5 innings giving up 5 runs. Again explain to me how arrieta pitching less innings and giving up more runs is better than what degrom gave the Mets in their game if he’s giving them 7 innings and 1 run allowed? So arrieta gets 10 points meanwhile degrom who still dominated gets -5. Seems a little ridiculous arrieta gets the plus +15 on degrom even though he pitched worse than degrom 

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He went 7 innings gave up 1 earned run and got a loss. Meanwhile the other pitcher i said went 5 innings gave up 5 earned runs and got the win. Not on the same game two different games. How’s that better pitching when he gave up 4 more runs and went 2 innings less to justify the 15 point difference in the win and loss???

wins are not always indicative of how good you pitch all the time. DeGrom routinely for like two or three seasons would go seven innings and give up two or less runs and lose ballgames because the Mets couldn’t hit. Meanwhile you could have arrieta pitching against the Braves win a ball game where he goes 5 innings giving up 5 runs. Again explain to me how arrieta pitching less innings and giving up more runs is better than what degrom gave the Mets in their game if he’s giving them 7 innings and 1 run allowed? So arrieta gets 10 points meanwhile degrom who still dominated gets -5. Seems a little ridiculous arrieta gets the plus +15 on degrom even though he pitched worse than degrom 

I was talking about the DeGrom scenario.  If he gave up 1 earned and lost, that means the opposing starter gave up 0 earned runs, so he pitched better than DeGrom.

24 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I was talking about the DeGrom scenario.  If he gave up 1 earned and lost, that means the opposing starter gave up 0 earned runs, so he pitched better than DeGrom.

So let’s just say the other pitcher went 5 innings,  they pulled him in the 6th cause he was in a bases loaded jam that the bullpen got him out of with no runs crossing. Stat line is 5Ip 0ER. That is better than degrom if he went 2 more innings giving up 1 more run cause his bullpen allowed a leadoff single by degrom to come home in the top of the 8th? So did that other pitcher really pitch that much better? He went two less innings and was rescued by his bullpen whereas degrom wasn’t. 

also my scenario was comparing why degrom gets a -5 and arrieta who didn’t pitch well in a different game but got the win gets 10. So you think that’s worthy of a 15 point difference between degrom and arrieta even though it’s completely obvious degrom dominated and arrieta was fortunate? I don’t. 

As for degrom in 2018 had 9 losses and 6 of them he went 6-8 innings (only one was less than 7) gave up 2 or less ERs (the other three were still quality starts of at least 6 and 3ERs or less). He wasn’t the issue in their losses in those 6 games and some of those ER were a bullpen that was not great who inherited and then imploded after he left.

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So let’s just say the other pitcher went 5 innings,  they pulled him in the 6th cause he was in a bases loaded jam that the bullpen got him out of with no runs crossing. Stat line is 5Ip 0ER. That is better than degrom if he went 2 more innings giving up 1 more run cause his bullpen allowed a leadoff single by degrom to come home in the top of the 8th? So did that other pitcher really pitch that much better? He went two less innings and was rescued by his bullpen whereas degrom wasn’t. 

also my scenario was comparing why degrom gets a -5 and arrieta who didn’t pitch well in a different game but got the win gets 10. So you think that’s worthy of a 15 point difference between degrom and arrieta even though it’s completely obvious degrom dominated and arrieta was fortunate? I don’t. 

You are comparing two different games.  If Arrieta gave up 5 and won, he pitched better than his opponent, and if DeGrom gave up 1 and lost, he did not pitch better than his opponent.

The only solution I see is to have 5 for a quality start and 5 for a win.

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You are comparing two different games.  If Arrieta gave up 5 and won, he pitched better than his opponent, and if DeGrom gave up 1 and lost, he did not pitch better than his opponent.

The only solution I see is to have 5 for a quality start and 5 for a win.

Frankly i don’t really care if arrieta pitched better than the other guy in that game because the other guy happened to be slightly worse. So in general arrieta was the tallest midget in that game. Neither pitched very well nor close to what degrom gave in a loss in another game. there’s an automatic 15 point difference cause arrieta was fortunate to face a bad pitcher when arrieta had a poor starting performance to get the win and degrom was tagged with a loss even though statistically much better than both arrieta and the other pitcher in his game 

im 100 percent for 5 for a win and 5 for a quality start instead of 10 for just a win. Plus if you lose but have a quality start the -5 of the loss is equaled out. In this scenario arrieta would only wind up gaining 5 points over degrom for the win. Not all wins are equal. Just like not all Losses aren’t.