**** EMB Fantasy Baseball *****

You know, it's all part of fantasy scoring to me. Ace pitchers on winning teams are going to be a premium because they're going to win more.  Like, I have Pablo Lopez, on the Marlins staff. He's 2.82 ERA for the season, 2.1 WAR, but has 1-3 record and 8 no decisions because he gets no run support. That's just how it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toolg said:

You know, it's all part of fantasy scoring to me. Ace pitchers on winning teams are going to be a premium because they're going to win more.  Like, I have Pablo Lopez, on the Marlins staff. He's 2.82 ERA for the season, 2.1 WAR, but has 1-3 record and 8 no decisions because he gets no run support. That's just how it is.

Eh I’ve played in leagues that don’t have wins or losses count to scoring besides blown saves or holds. They just increase points for innings pitched and more points taken away with ERs given up. Bonus if a pitcher goes 7 or more innings and complete games. 

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I was actually going to post the other day i feel like pitching points are skewed compared to hitting.  I’d love next year if it were more balanced. 

frankly really dislike the -5 for a loss and 10 for a win. I’d make it 5 for a win and 0 for a loss. Reason let’s say a pitcher goes 5ip, 5Ers and wins the game cause his offense scored 8 runs before he left the game. So he gets 10 more points. Meanwhile degrom pitches 7 innings, gives up 1ER and loses the game he is dinged -5 because his offense didn’t show up even though he pitched better than the guy who got the win. 

I like the 5 pts for a win, 0 for a loss (maybe -1 as some penalty that’s minor).  The other league I’m in has -2 per earned run allowed.  I’d be in favor of that. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

I like the 5 pts for a win, 0 for a loss (maybe -1 as some penalty that’s minor).  The other league I’m in has -2 per earned run allowed.  I’d be in favor of that. 

I’m for giving points for quality starts. In today’s modern baseball starters are going less and less innings with how analytics are working. So i think it’s cool if we did positive points for a quality start. Maybe like 3 extra points. 

• Like 1

Seriously 3 home runs?   That coach needs to be fired, how bout pitching around the dude after the 2nd, moron!!

On 6/4/2021 at 9:19 AM, Shepard Wong said:

Would anyone be opposed to expanding the number of IL slots for each team?  Asking for me.  

For those that have played before, are there always this many injuries to deal with or has this season been especially bad? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

LOL. Yeah, all 3 of my IL spots have been filled for the past month. It seems my players are getting hurt faster than coming off IL.

Only down by 100 with a day to go, ugh!  Someone tell me division wins matter?  

At this point with DeGrom, and Scherzer, injured, Means injured two weeks ago, my out of nowhere ace Alex Wood (dropped) leaking oil like Greg Norman on a Sunday after leading a major for 3 rounds, I’m in some deep crap, lol. 

Bieber and Cueto let me down big time today. Just can't get solid pitching of late, especially from the starting aces.

Nail biter finish coming down to the wire today

On 6/12/2021 at 6:43 PM, downundermike said:

My offense dominating the last two weeks

Everyone’s hitting is gonna get better since they are calling out pitchers using the sticky, batting averages are up 10 points already.

On 6/13/2021 at 3:45 PM, Iggles25 said:

Bieber and Cueto let me down big time today. Just can't get solid pitching of late, especially from the starting aces.

Nail biter finish coming down to the wire today

I picked Cueto up when he was injured early May and I thought it was a great move, lol.  He was garbage for 4 outta 5 starts for me and that’s why I dropped him.  

Seriously though, everyone needs to check their pitching, the Sticky is banned for now, averages are up.  This really screws me, and I figure the days of DeGroms ERA under 1 are finished.   Chapman stopped using it 2 outings ago, and since….., trash.   Hitters hit 103mph if doesn’t move and it’s straight down the middle. 

Pitchers dropping like flies, as I said they would.  And now guys like Cole can’t cheat anymore, so they won’t be as dominant.  

45 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Everyone’s hitting is gonna get better since they are calling out pitchers using the sticky, batting averages are up 10 points already.

I picked Cueto up when he was injured early May and I thought it was a great move, lol.  He was garbage for 4 outta 5 starts for me and that’s why I dropped him.  

Seriously though, everyone needs to check their pitching, the Sticky is banned for now, averages are up.  This really screws me, and I figure the days of DeGroms ERA under 1 are finished.   Chapman stopped using it 2 outings ago, and since….., trash.   Hitters hit 103mph if doesn’t move and it’s straight down the middle. 

Yeah took a chance on Cueto and it was a swing and a miss. Only got a few points out of his last start.

Bieber just went on the 10 Day IL and it could be a few weeks before he's back. Going to have to scour the FA list for a few gems to ride out the next few weeks.

You're absolutely right with the 'sticky' issue in regards to how the temporary ban will bring most pitchers back down to Earth. Bet overall fantasy scores for pitching will see a noticeable trend downwards.

1 hour ago, Iggles25 said:

Yeah took a chance on Cueto and it was a swing and a miss. Only got a few points out of his last start.

Bieber just went on the 10 Day IL and it could be a few weeks before he's back. Going to have to scour the FA list for a few gems to ride out the next few weeks.

You're absolutely right with the 'sticky' issue in regards to how the temporary ban will bring most pitchers back down to Earth. Bet overall fantasy scores for pitching will see a noticeable trend downwards.

Scherzer just hit the DL as well, that leaves me with DeGrom as my only good pitcher for the week.  I figure another loss this week while I’m trying to rebuild my roster.  I can’t get too far behind RodneyPeteRules, his team just keeps on rolling. 

• Like 1

If anyone has a quality 3B they would be willing to part with for outfield and/or pitching, reach out.  

I'd consider moving anyone but Acuna for the right player.

On 6/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, mikemack8 said:

Glasnow blaming mlb for getting hurt lmao what a baby.  

I think the whole spider tack controversy is overrated.

15 minutes ago, toolg said:

I think the whole spider tack controversy is overrated.

Meaning?

39 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Meaning?

Glasnow says MLB cracking down on the sticky stuff had something to do why he got injured. Because he started this year pitching with the stuff, then they said he couldn't use it anymore within the same season, so the change in his grip caused his motion to change, yadda, yadda... He sprained his arm.

I don't see the big deal against spider tack. Yeah, pitchers get a better grip. They're throwing pitches that break incredibly fast, stuff that hasn't been seen before. Hitting is down, pitching is up... That's fine. Batters need to deal with it. Better grip means pitchers have better control, so theoretically they're not beaning batters so much either.

Baseball doesn't need to constantly tinker with the game. Let them play!

Well - ok - except the rules have been in place for years that specifically ban the use of foreign substance by pitchers.  They let it go all this time - it's now gotten out of control.  Teams had dudes that were formulating specific types of sticky stuff.  Maybe they shouldn't have decided to wait until the middle of the season to start enforcing it, but either way, players were choosing to break the rules.  They really can't complain IMO.  

11 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Well - ok - except the rules have been in place for years that specifically ban the use of foreign substance by pitchers.  They let it go all this time - it's now gotten out of control.  Teams had dudes that were formulating specific types of sticky stuff.  Maybe they shouldn't have decided to wait until the middle of the season to start enforcing it, but either way, players were choosing to break the rules.  They really can't complain IMO.  

I pretty much see it the same way.  Both sides are wrong in that it's sloppy and kind of dumb to start enforcing rules mid season when you've largely ignored this for so long but if you chose to break the rules, you open yourself up to a bad situation like this. 

I know a lot of people complain that the NFL and the competition committee tinker with the game too much but other sports would be smart to establish something similar to deal with these kind of issues before they become entrenched in the game and become more difficult to remedy. 

• Like 1

Players have been using spider tack, and bullfrog sunscreen mixed with rosin, and other sticky concoctions for several years now. They should have started cracking down at the beginning of the season. Or wait until the end of the season to come up with a plan. Don't start suspending players in the middle of the season, for things they were allowed to do for the first 2-1/2 months.

From 2018!: