Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

Wilson is great, but this isn't like Brady joining the Bucs last year. Our team has holes everywhere, including the OL.

If we're lucky, Jalen Hurts develops into a similar player to Wilson while on his rookie deal and we can bolster the OL, the defense, etc... in the meantime and try to win that way.

50 minutes ago, Infam said:

We already got the QB of the future.

I would think so. Need to see more. We know what hurts is capable of 

1 hour ago, GoBirds52 said:

Still got mixed feelings about this trade. 

To help ease your mind:

1) Chase probably wouldn’t have been there at 6 anyway.

2) Pitts might not be.

3) Elite wide receivers are nice, but how many Super Bowls has Wilson won with Metcalf? How many has Rodgers won with Adams? Brees with Thomas? Did Hopkins put Kyler and the Cards over the top? Jefferson was great - the Vikes missed the playoffs.

4) There are holes all over this team. Even if we could have got Chase or Pitts at 6, we have so many needs elsewhere- more firsts is a better option.

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

To help ease your mind:

2) Pitts might not be.

3) Elite wide receivers are nice, but how many Super Bowls has Wilson won with Metcalf? How many has Rodgers won with Adams? Brees with Thomas? Did Hopkins put Kyler and the Cards over the top? Jefferson was great - the Vikes missed the playoffs.

4) There are holes all over this team. Even if we could have got Chase or Pitts at 6, we have so many needs elsewhere- more firsts is a better option.

So you don’t think if we had drafted Metcalf over JJAW and/or Jefferson over Reagor that those moves wouldn’t have helped put us on the right path toward contending again in the near future?  

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

To help ease your mind:

2) Pitts might not be.

I think there is a pretty good chance Chase would be there barring trades.

Top three will be QBs. ATL doesn't need WR, which brings up CIN which seems like the only potential landing spot for Chase. Still, CIN has three solid WRs and a huge need at OT, so they would more likely be addressing that issue. Which leaves Chase at six.

Regarding elite WRs. You could say that for any position. Elite _____ are nice, but how many SBs has _____ won? But how many recent SBs have been won without some receiving threat? How does having an elite talent at a position not help the team improve?

There are holes on every team and the draft should be used to fill those holes. When you can fill the hole with an elite player, I'm not sure why you wouldn't take it. There are much bigger needs on the team, but teams draft BPA and in this year's draft top WRs are viewed as above average quality, so for most teams they will be BPA. Getting more picks is nice, but if the team had Chase/PItts really high on the board, its hard to see them passing them up for potentially lower quality starters. For example, Chase would've been immediately the X top WR on the team. If they draft, CB, it is primarily to fill the second corner spot opposite Slay who would still be matched up on opposing top WRs with Maddox in slot. So compare getting the best WR on the team vs. getting the 2nd best corner on the team.

We need a starting wr, cb and interior lineman out of this draft and some value at just about every other position. I’m ok giving up chase if we accomplish that and have a good shot at 3 first rounders next year. 

13 minutes ago, eggs said:

We need a starting wr, cb and interior lineman out of this draft and some value at just about every other position. I’m ok giving up chase if we accomplish that and have a good shot at 3 first rounders next year. 

More like 2 starting WR, a true #1 CB and a slot corner (as long as we have Slay), backup OL everywhere, starting DE, 2-3 starting LBs, and quality 3rd/4th safeties to start when the 2 starters leave. Not to mention a QB.

22 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

More like 2 starting WR, a true #1 CB and a slot corner (as long as we have Slay), backup OL everywhere, starting DE, 2-3 starting LBs, and quality 3rd/4th safeties to start when the 2 starters leave. Not to mention a QB.

For the WRs I don’t see a need for two. I think the coaching scheme and QB in conjunction with Covid protocols potentially played a large part in our offense’s floundering last year. I agree we need 1 X WR, 1-2 starting outside CBs (I think we have the slot covered), an Edge rusher, 1-2 off ball LBers (I like Singleton), a really good S prospect and a developmental QB. I do not agree that we need backup OL everywhere. At T you have Mailata, Dillard, Lane and Driscoll. Herbig is a decent backup. I would like to see a Kelce replacement to groom. 

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

For the WRs I don’t see a need for two. I think the coaching scheme and QB in conjunction with Covid protocols potentially played a large part in our offense’s floundering last year. I agree we need 1 X WR, 1-2 starting outside CBs (I think we have the slot covered), an Edge rusher, 1-2 off ball LBers (I like Singleton), a really good S prospect and a developmental QB. I do not agree that we need backup OL everywhere. At T you have Mailata, Dillard, Lane and Driscoll. Herbig is a decent backup. I would like to see a Kelce replacement to groom. 

I agree with this. I think even with the injuries last year we found some solid depth and starters to take over and we are not in dire need of oline early. Kelce like you said would be the one that we have questions about . I think we can get that later in the draft. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I agree with this. I think even with the injuries last year we found some solid depth and starters to take over and we are not in dire need of oline early. Kelce like you said would be the one that we have questions about . I think we can get that later in the draft. 

Myers, Menet, etc. There are some solid C prospects on day 3. Our last 2 C’s were R5 picks I believe. I think the Eagles plans may include Seumalo or Juriga there though. 

I also want to see the progression from last year to this year in Reagor, Hightower and Watkins. Also was Fulgham a fluke? Ward is a decent backup slot/ST guy (just not a returner) and JJAw is a lost cause. Lot of WR’s to play X that I like on day 2. Marshall, Collins, Wallace to name a few. 

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Myers, Menet, etc. There are some solid C prospects on day 3. Our last 2 C’s were R5 picks I believe. I think the Eagles plans may include Seumalo or Juriga there though. 

I also want to see the progression from last year to this year in Reagor, Hightower and Watkins. Also was Fulgham a fluke? Ward is a decent backup slot/ST guy (just not a returner) and JJAw is a lost cause. Lot of WR’s to play X that I like on day 2. Marshall, Collins, Wallace to name a few. 

I'm not sure what to make of Fulgham, people kind of blew up about Alshon taking his snaps but, actually Fulgham still had more snaps and targets then Alshon after he came back so that was overblown. It would be great if we can get back to him and committed and he turns out to be a good possession receiver

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not sure what to make of Fulgham, people kind of blew up about Alshon taking his snaps but, actually Fulgham still had more snaps and targets then Alshon after he came back so that was overblown. It would be great if we can get back to him and committed and he turns out to be a good possession receiver

He’s a backup X in my eyes. I’d keep him over JJAW. 

Just now, Outlaw said:

He’s a backup X in my eyes. I’d keep him over JJAW. 

I'd keep anyone or thing over JJAW. Just having to keep typing his abbreviated stupid name is enough reason to be done with him

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'd keep anyone or thing over JJAW. Just having to keep typing his abbreviated stupid name is enough reason to be done with him

Can you imagine if Doug and Carson go and JJAW becomes a 700-800 yard, 6-8 TD guy at the X spot? :roll:

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Can you imagine if Doug and Carson go and JJAW becomes a 700-800 yard, 6-8 TD guy at the X spot? :roll:

Noooo!!! Lol

8 hours ago, DBW said:

That is an NBC Sports article...citing a tweet...that is a video from ESPN...of 1 guy Dan Orlovsky saying HIS OPINION that this COULD mean the Eagles will go after Wilson. 

This pure speculation gets shared and referenced and then people pretend there are "reports." 

This means absolutely nothing, it's a guess like any knucklehead fan can make.

35 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It eases the pain to type JJ-AWFUL or JJLOL.

If you're feeling silly go for JJAW-HELL-NAW.

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

So you don’t think if we had drafted Metcalf over JJAW and/or Jefferson over Reagor that those moves wouldn’t have helped put us on the right path toward contending again in the near future?  

Yes of course. But that’s a different point. It’s much better to have talent than not, but the key for most teams are a good QB, a solid O-Line and a good to great D. You need good enough skill weapons, but elite receivers don’t tend to put teams over the top. Our D is about to fall off a cliff due to the lack of defensive investment in the draft (a Howie failing that not many emphasis)

People need to stop obsessing over these missed picks. (Not saying you do - but more the BLG types)

They happen all the time and lots of teams missed on Metcalf. The great Pats took N Keal Harry in the first round. Straight after us the Colts and Cards took Paris Campbell and Andy Isabella. 

28 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yes of course. But that’s a different point. It’s much better to have talent than not, but the key for most teams are a good QB, a solid O-Line and a good to great D. You need good enough skill weapons, but elite receivers don’t tend to put teams over the top. Our D is about to fall off a cliff due to the lack of defensive investment in the draft (a Howie failing that not many emphasis)

People need to stop obsessing over these missed picks. (Not saying you do - but more the BLG types)

They happen all the time and lots of teams missed on Metcalf. The great Pats took N Keal Harry in the first round. Straight after us the Colts and Cards took Paris Campbell and Andy Isabella. 

People seem to think you can have 1 stud, 2 good players, 1 overachiever and 7 JAG’s on defense and win. I think the 2020 Eagles proved that wrong. 

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Actually the team has let go of a very decent secondary since Doug took over,  Jenkins, Darby, Douglas and Jones are all starting elsewhere and are still better than what we have right now, I'm no fan of Howie and would happily fire him into the heart of the sun for our cap situation alone, but whoever finalised the defensive roster the last two years and the defensive backs coaching is as much to blame for the state of our defense as Howie.

And to be fair to Paris Campbell he looked like he might be kicking on week one last year when he caught 6 for 71yards, blowing his knee out week 2 makes the pick look worse than it is and he's nowhere near the flat embarassment Arciega Whiteside is.

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

That response was directed specifically at the 3rd point you made in the post to which I was responded ("elite wide receivers are nice, but how many Super Bowls has Wilson won with Metcalf? How many has Rodgers won with Adams? Brees with Thomas? Did Hopkins put Kyler and the Cards over the top? Jefferson was great - the Vikes missed the playoffs").

I do agree elite WRs by themselves do not win championships, but the better overall talent you have collectively sure helps.  There's a reason Chase and Pitts are rated higher by practically all draft pundits.  It's also one thing when you miss on a pick but another when you take yourself out of position to land one which is likely what Howie did (I say likely because there is still a slim chance one drops to us).  I also acknowledge there's a chance that another receiver turns into the overall better NFL player down the line.  But man we can't afford to keep neglecting or missing on top talent for one reason or another.  It's how this roster has gotten to the point is has with being such a mess.  

On 3/27/2021 at 10:34 PM, Eagleblood52 said:

Wilson is not a run first qb...like Vick, like Newton, like hurtz...

Steve young?!!!...lmfao...

dude, the original comment that I responded to was this:  "no mobile Qb has won a Super Bowl..they get figured out or they get hurt. That’s dumb."

The fact that you're "lmfao" is an embarrassment.  YOU'RE the one that said "run first qb".  The conversation was about "mobile QB's".  This is a ridiculous argument anyway, you're clearly wrong.  But have a good day.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

That response was directed specifically at the 3rd point you made in the post to which I was responded ("elite wide receivers are nice, but how many Super Bowls has Wilson won with Metcalf? How many has Rodgers won with Adams? Brees with Thomas? Did Hopkins put Kyler and the Cards over the top? Jefferson was great - the Vikes missed the playoffs").

I do agree elite WRs by themselves do not win championships, but the better overall talent you have collectively sure helps.  There's a reason Chase and Pitts are rated higher by practically all draft pundits.  It's also one thing when you miss on a pick but another when you take yourself out of position to land one which is likely what Howie did (I say likely because there is still a slim chance one drops to us).  I also acknowledge there's a chance that another receiver turns into the overall better NFL player down the line.  But man we can't afford to keep neglecting or missing on top talent for one reason or another.  It's how this roster has gotten to the point is has with being such a mess.  

I agree that Chase or Pitts would have been a great pick at 6. And of course they would help. I’d come around to picking one, despite the other needs, because they seem the best value there and I’d love to give Hurts every chance to succeed.

But - neither might be there. Miami were seemingly only trading down if they got 6 from us. If they stayed Chase probably would have gone 3. Pitts May go to Atlanta. Bengals may take Chase to reunite with Burrows.

So all in all - I’m happy with the trade - wouldn’t have done it for less than a first.

Mixed feelings on the trade I guess like most folks. Would have been over the moon if we had a competent GM with the possibility of three first round picks next year. With Howie not so much.

Archived