Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

No chance Sewell is there at 12, but if he is, run to the podium Howie, RUN!

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

No chance Sewell is there at 12, but if he is, run to the podium Howie, RUN!

Hmm I think he could be there you know. If Slater goes before him (and there's a chance he does) then I think that makes it a very good chance that Sewell is there at #12.

Adam caplan gave a great review of the ‘21 QB’s on Sirius yesterday.  Check it out if interested

On 3/31/2021 at 8:53 PM, T-1000 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that was exactly their thought process. New England is one of the greatest franchises in NFL history and they drafted QB's in the 2nd and 3rd round several times when they had Brady for the same reason. This might be difficult for you to grasp, but NFL teams tend to put a high value on the most important position in football.

I said it was stupid when the Pats did it too. But the thing about the Pats is they are a DYNASTY. And the Eagles NEVER ONCE spent a 2nd round pick on a QB when Brady was 27 years old. To even compare the two situations is lunacy.....

On 3/31/2021 at 10:19 PM, Portyansky said:

Well, Hurts we don't know yet, JJ 100% agree, Goedert they knew Zach would want big money, should have traded him before the start of last year.

Well that's the thing if you knew Ertz was going to want big money and you wanted to replace him why didn't you trade him? It just all makes zero sense. 

2 hours ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

I said it was stupid when the Pats did it too. But the thing about the Pats is they are a DYNASTY. And the Eagles NEVER ONCE spent a 2nd round pick on a QB when Brady was 27 years old. To even compare the two situations is lunacy.....

Well that's the thing if you knew Ertz was going to want big money and you wanted to replace him why didn't you trade him? It just all makes zero sense

Bc Howie thought he was smarter than everyone.

6 hours ago, RUEagle said:

Adam caplan gave a great review of the ‘21 QB’s on Sirius yesterday.  Check it out if interested

Got a link by any chance? I tried looking, but no luck.

At no.12, there should be a game changing player available. Howie has to decide which side he wants to improve first.                                               If I was to decide, I'd take the best LB or CB available. D. SLAY needs help in the worst way possible.Last season , the only thing most of the secondary was the on the back of receivers jersey.

56 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Got a link by any chance? I tried looking, but no luck.

I don’t sorry. 

.I have a feeling we end up with either a WR or CB. There are too many bad teams desperate for QBs and linemen above us for one of them not to fall to us.

If i were to go on a limb i would say we get Smith. I have a feeling he is gonna drop because of his skinny frame. 

We don't need a QB yet.Lets give Hurts some good WRs ,a HEALTY O LINE and see how he does for 2yrs before anything is done to soon.                          Better players on defense are needed so the offense doesn't need to score UMPTEEN POINTS to win a game.           Hopefully Jeffrey Lurie will learn that you can't build a pro team like its FANTASY FOOTBALL. Just look at Jerry Jones in Dallas.

If the Eagles want a young QB to groom as Hurts backup, they should take a look at the QB from Appalachian State in this draft. We couldn't do worse than Sudfeld.

1 hour ago, Freedom 76 said:

If the Eagles want a young QB to groom as Hurts backup, they should take a look at the QB from Appalachian State in this draft. We couldn't do worse than Sudfeld.

you serious clark

5 hours ago, Freedom 76 said:

Plenty of better talent available. Ehlinger, Mond, Franks, Buechele, on late day 3. App State will be an UDFA. 

If it's me , I'd  fill in the needs blanks and take a chance on QB from Appalachian St. From what I've read, he's excellent on the RPOs but a little weak on long throws. 

On 4/4/2021 at 10:31 AM, RICWOOFLAIR said:

The Patriots drafted QB Kevin O'Connell in the 3rd round in 2008 when Tom Brady was 28 years old and already a multiple time SB champion, as well as Ryan Mallet in the 3rd round in 2001 when Brady was 31 years old. Wentz hadn't even won a playoff game when the Eagles drafted Hurts. 

The Green Bay Packers drafted Brian Brohm in the 2nd round in 2008 when Aaron Rodgers was 23 years old.

NFL teams value the most important position in the sport and often use 2nd-4th round picks on QB's when they already have a great QB, let alone an above average injury prone one like Wentz who hadn't even won a playoff game.

I've got plenty more examples if you want to keep running your mouth and feel the need to get busted up.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:23 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I don't see it! Slater or Sewell (and quite possibly both) are going to go before we pick. I'm not sure any DL player goes though. 

I have the best player in the draft for the Eagles being DT Christian Barmore.

On 3/27/2021 at 12:06 PM, Diehardfan said:

You think Carson will be healthy for 75% of the snaps?

Yes 

20 hours ago, T-1000 said:

The Patriots drafted QB Kevin O'Connell in the 3rd round in 2008 when Tom Brady was 28 years old and already a multiple time SB champion, as well as Ryan Mallet in the 3rd round in 2001 when Brady was 31 years old. Wentz hadn't even won a playoff game when the Eagles drafted Hurts. 

The Green Bay Packers drafted Brian Brohm in the 2nd round in 2008 when Aaron Rodgers was 23 years old.

NFL teams value the most important position in the sport and often use 2nd-4th round picks on QB's when they already have a great QB, let alone an above average injury prone one like Wentz who hadn't even won a playoff game.

I've got plenty more examples if you want to keep running your mouth and feel the need to get busted up.

You have examples of 3rd round picks. That isn't the same as a 2nd round pick. What the Eagles did with drafting Hurts in the second last year was a complete bone head move. 

1 hour ago, Birdman said:

Yes 

Not sure why some still think Carson is more likely not to finish a season because of injuries at this point. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not sure why some still think Carson is more likely not to finish a season because of injuries at this point. 

Because if he gets seriously injured again, his career is over. 

Barring a freakish injury, I don't think Reich is going to let that happen since there's some soft of weird father-son dynamic going on there. 

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

Because if he gets seriously injured again, his career is over. 

Barring a freakish injury, I don't think Reich is going to let that happen since there's some soft of weird father-son dynamic going on there. 

Agreed his career probably would be over. I'm just saying injury shouldn't be a concern for him not playing at least 75% because he really has more healthy seasons then not. 

Sheet hope I didn't jinx it... I take it back he will probably get hurt!

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You have examples of 3rd round picks. That isn't the same as a 2nd round pick. What the Eagles did with drafting Hurts in the second last year was a complete bone head move. 

Cool, so now we are arguing over semantics. It's a day two pick. Either way you would be wrong since I clearly pointed out that the Packers drafted Brian Brohm in the 2nd round when Aaron Rodgers was 23. I didn't even get into Jimmy G in New England who was also a 2nd round pick.

Also, in hindsight, after Wentz had the worst season in the NFL among any starting QB and then ran away from competition like a frightened child, obviously it wasn't such a bad idea to draft another QB.

NEXT....

That Miami trade was so stupid on so many levels.  Now the Cowboys and Giants pick directly in front of the Eagles.  One of them will take a player the Eagles really wanted.  Hate that trade.

39 minutes ago, Eagles1960 said:

That Miami trade was so stupid on so many levels.  Now the Cowboys and Giants pick directly in front of the Eagles.  One of them will take a player the Eagles really wanted.  Hate that trade.

Not necessarily,  don't you think Howie thought of that before he agreed? That tells me there are several guys they feel comfortable with drafting at 12.

Archived