ROUND 1 (#10): Eagles select DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR)

Moderator6

Just now, toolg said:

I don't want to get ahead of myself... Is Devonta Smith the leading WR on the Eagles in 2021? He very well could be, right? Honest question. 

Honest answer? Yes, he has to be. I think he can be a volume guy whereas I'm not sure that Reagor can be and ever will be. So yeah I think Smith is the leading WR for the Eagles this year. The fact he has played with Hurts helps even more. 

Just now, toolg said:

I don't want to get ahead of myself... Is Devonta Smith the leading WR on the Eagles in 2021? He very well could be, right? Honest question. 

Absolutely GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Smith has more 15+ yard catches than JJAW has yards... 🤣

Don’t don’t talk down about JJAW! You might unleash his protector around here. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, judunno said:

Yup. He's already a polished pro ready receiver very similar to what Justin Jefferson was with the exception of size and there may be some advantage to the fact that he has at least played with Hurts before. 1300+ yards 10+ TDs
Eagles are going to suck which is why I think he'll get a lot of garbage time yards also. He will have a 200 yard game or 2 this year as well. Book it.

Two 200 yard games is incredibly lofty. You’re basically putting him in leading the league and receiver yards status as a rookie. You have seriously high expectations. 😂 I hope you’re right bud. 

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Two 200 yard games is incredibly lofty. You’re basically putting him in leading the league and receiver yards status as a rookie. You have seriously high expectations. 😂 I hope you’re right bud. 

Yup. Garbage time yards will add up 🙂 And he will be the go to. Top 10 pick with what he's done over his career... I'm expecting a baller from the start generational talent. 

First we screw the Giants by tanking the last game and then we steal their WR. I love it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I just walked my Smith jersey from my Alabama collection to my Eagle collection lol. Until I can get an Eagle one that is. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Lol, who's his competition?? 😂

The GOAT:

Fulgham.  After a full offseason watch out!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MeccaDon123 said:

Pretty sure you missed the entire point. My question was to paraphrase... .."Why the Vick comparison".

I responded to this: "Hurts better not be sloppy with the ball like Vick".

I basically meant "Only a running QB".

Vick 342 pass attempts in college

Hurts 1047 pass attempts in college

Saying he could've just said "Don't turn it over like Wentz".

Pro:

INTs:

Vick (ATL) 67 starts 1730 pass attempts 52 INTs

Wentz 68 starts 2492 pass attempts 50 INTs

Fumbles:

Vick Atlanta- 67 starts 55 fumbles -18 yrds lost

Wentz  68 starts 58 fumbles -95 yrds lost

Sacks:

Vick (ATL) 67 starts 187 

Wentz 68 starts 179

Soooooo if the intent was to look at turnovers or poor ball control... as we can see from these stats.. he could've just said "LIke Wentz".. instead of "Like Vick". 

I did not know Wentz was as bad with the turnovers. I was thinking about the pass/run ratios.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Very cool video. Got a really young WR room now. And I’m not gonna be surprised if we take a bigger X prospect later on day 3 as well.

Current WRs on roster:

DeVonta Smith

Jalen Reagor

Greg Ward

Travis Fulgham

John Hightower

Quez Watkins

Khalil Tate

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Only keeping 6. If we don’t add another I think your 6 are Smith, Reagor, Fulgham, Ward, Hightower, Watkins. Bye bye JJAW

A couple of 'em should be practice squad eligible. Speaking of practice squad, I wonder if last year's rules are still in place.

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

First we screw the Giants by tanking the last game and then we steal their WR. I love it.

Good to see you’re happy around draft time. Let’s hope Howie keeps it going.

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

I did not know Wentz was as bad with the turnovers. I was thinking about the pass/run ratios.

Wentz was never really an interception guy. If you look his pass attempts is almost double compared to Vick, but he’s had fumble issues his entire career.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz was never really an interception guy. If you look his pass attempts is almost double compared to Vick, but he’s had fumble issues his entire career.

Yeah interceptions were pretty low until last year and even then it wasn't ridiculously high I don't think? But it was the fumbles, my god the fumbles. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MeccaDon123 said:

Pretty sure you missed the entire point. My question was to paraphrase... .."Why the Vick comparison".

I responded to this: "Hurts better not be sloppy with the ball like Vick".

I basically meant "Only a running QB".

Vick 342 pass attempts in college

Hurts 1047 pass attempts in college

Saying he could've just said "Don't turn it over like Wentz".

Pro:

INTs:

Vick (ATL) 67 starts 1730 pass attempts 52 INTs

Wentz 68 starts 2492 pass attempts 50 INTs

Fumbles:

Vick Atlanta- 67 starts 55 fumbles -18 yrds lost

Wentz  68 starts 58 fumbles -95 yrds lost

Sacks:

Vick (ATL) 67 starts 187 

Wentz 68 starts 179

Soooooo if the intent was to look at turnovers or poor ball control... as we can see from these stats.. he could've just said "LIke Wentz".. instead of "Like Vick". 

Logic sinking in sometimes feels like a brain freeze... ouch.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

How the hell did a Devonte Smith thread get turned into a Wentz debate? FFS

19 hours ago, judunno said:

Dude... most were asking for Smith at 6. It was a good day. Jeezus

It wasn't the pick, it was giving up the 3rd to get the pick, besides, I couldn't care less about what what most others were asking for..

21 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

It wasn't the pick, it was giving up the 3rd to get the pick, besides, I couldn't care less about what what most others were asking for..

A low-round third in a historically weak draft?  Fine by me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

They essentially turned #6, #84, and a 5th into DeVonta Smith, a 2022 1st, and a 2021 4th. And you’re COMPLAINING?!?!?! Dude, go walk off the edge of the flat earth. Howie read the room both predraft and last night amazingly. 

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

They essentially turned #6, #84, and a 5th into DeVonta Smith, a 2022 1st, and a 2021 4th. And you’re COMPLAINING?!?!?! Dude, go walk off the edge of the flat earth. Howie read the room both predraft and last night amazingly. 

Mostly everyone likes the move. So most should know by now he will be 100% against it.  He is very predictable. 

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'm complaining about giving up the 3rd, there was no need for you to bring all the other moves........just as with the FE, you can't figure out sheet.

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Mostly everyone likes the move. So most should know by now he will be 100% against it.  He is very predictable. 

Up yours Wussbrook!!

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

I'm complaining about giving up the 3rd, there was no need for you to bring all the other moves........just as with the FE, you can't figure out sheet.

Who would you have taken at 12? 

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

Barmore.

So you would have taken Barmore at 12 and the dude fell into the 2nd round... Doesn't make sense man.

• Haha 1

Just now, Portyansky said:

So you would have taken Barmore at 12 and the dude fell into the 2nd round... Doesn't make sense man.

Many outstand players have fallen lower than the 2nd round.  Besides, we all know Howie always nails the draft.