Ongoing Draft Discussion

jsdarkstar

7 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

If this forum is ready to go for the Draft I say we post here and not on that 'other' site.  Leave it an effing ghost town so the Eagles PR/marketing team can see what they're missing out on with most of us having a new home now instead of going to Reddit.

I go to Reddit for many things. Definitely won’t be going for anything eagles related. Just doesn’t feel authentic 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a few recent mocks that have Ruggs falling to us and being our pick.  Man would that be sweet!  Then grab Van Jefferson at 103 to man the slot.  

Watch Jeudy be on the board and the Eagles draft another player. I think (know) the new boards would crash.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I've seen a few recent mocks that have Ruggs falling to us and being our pick.  Man would that be sweet!  Then grab Van Jefferson at 103 to man the slot.  

Yep me 2. It's hard to imagine he would be there but it's possible.

Peter King had a great point today on Pro Football Talk. With the corna virus shutting everything down what happens with college football this year? If the season is cut short or does not happen how do you evaluate the talent coming into next years draft? 

The better value is this draft and possibly moving some of next years picks to get better position or get more picks in this years draft. 

What could this mean for the Eagles if they feel the same way. 

1- There is no moving back, you move up using some picks from 2021 draft

2- Do you trade a next years pick for the DE out of Jax or a different trade for a valuable player?

3- Do you trade a few picks in 2021 to get back in the 1st or 2nd round this year?

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Peter King had a great point today on Pro Football Talk. With the corna virus shutting everything down what happens with college football this year? If the season is cut short or does not happen how do you evaluate the talent coming into next years draft? 

The better value is this draft and possibly moving some of next years picks to get better position or get more picks in this years draft. 

What could this mean for the Eagles if they feel the same way. 

1- There is no moving back, you move up using some picks from 2021 draft

2- Do you trade a next years pick for the DE out of Jax or a different trade for a valuable player?

3- Do you trade a few picks in 2021 to get back in the 1st or 2nd round this year?

I don't know. Maybe trade 21 and next years # 1 to move up to # 11 and get Ruggs or Lamb?

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

No doubt, that thought has crossed my mind as well.  Also wonder, if the NFL season does not happen, what happens to those players drafted this week?  Do their contracts in effect become 3 year deals since they will have missed the entire 2020 season?  

16 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I did the simulation draft (with no trades) on thedraftnetwork website where you can pick for a team and the computer will pick the others. There's no way this would happen in real life (because Jeudy and Murray won't fall that far), but here was my draft:

1.  Jerry Jeudy WR

2. Kenneth Murray LB

3.  Van Jefferson WR

4.  AJ Dillon RB

4.  Devin Duvernay WR

4.  Derrek Tuszka DE

5. Justin Herron OT

6. Lamar Jackson CB

I wasn't planning on taking 3 WRs, but there wasn't a good center in Round 4 in that area. So, the value was there for WR. 

Smart mid round choice.

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

No doubt, that thought has crossed my mind as well.  Also wonder, if the NFL season does not happen, what happens to those players drafted this week?  Do their contracts in effect become 3 year deals since they will have missed the entire 2020 season?  

What does the CBA say at the time they are signed. Barring a side agreement between the NFL & NFLPA, that's what rules the decision. I'd suspect that this year would count despite no season, if it came to that.

18 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I did the simulation draft (with no trades) on thedraftnetwork website where you can pick for a team and the computer will pick the others. There's no way this would happen in real life (because Jeudy and Murray won't fall that far), but here was my draft:

1.  Jerry Jeudy WR

2. Kenneth Murray LB

3.  Van Jefferson WR

4.  AJ Dillon RB

4.  Devin Duvernay WR

I think I’d have a heart attack if those were our first 5 picks.  That would rank as one of our best drafts ever.  

22 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

If this forum is ready to go for the Draft I say we post here and not on that 'other' site.  Leave it an effing ghost town so the Eagles PR/marketing team can see what they're missing out on with most of us having a new home now instead of going to Reddit.

It looks ready to me.   Why put of till tomorrow what we can do today?  This is our new home. 

5 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

It looks ready to me.   Why put of till tomorrow what we can do today?  This is our new home. 

Agree.  It's amazing how quick this site got off the ground and has taken flight.  And it seems more people are posting here already than on the old site.

#HomeSweetHome

I think we stay put at 21 and go LB. Especially if the top 4 WR are gone. Don't be surprised if we dangle Ertz for extra draft Capitol to move back into the 1st to get our WR. Maybe Reagor.

Watching the 2017 draft from Philadelphia. Booing Godell was classic. 

56 minutes ago, Eaglesfannark said:

I think we stay put at 21 and go LB. Especially if the top 4 WR are gone. Don't be surprised if we dangle Ertz for extra draft Capitol to move back into the 1st to get our WR. Maybe Reagor.

It might be one of the 7 seals of the apocalypse if we go LB in Round 1. 

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

It might be one of the 7 seals of the apocalypse if we go LB in Round 1. 

Oh, I know.  I get it, but we cant deny that it is a need.  I would only approve if we had a plan to move back into the end of the 1st to get our WR. Niners may be willing to give up that late 1st. 

1 minute ago, Eaglesfannark said:

Oh, I know.  I get it, but we cant deny that it is a need.  I would only approve if we had a plan to move back into the end of the 1st to get our WR. Niners may be willing to give up that late 1st. 

If there is a run on WRs, then WR value suddenly goes up and a guy like Reagor or Aiyuk could end up being worthy at #21 if the Eagles feel they can be starting WRs.  So, it all depends on how it goes down.  If the Eagles try to wait until the 2nd and if these teams panic and start drafting WRs in the 20s, then we could end up getting a 3rd round caliber WR in round 2.

Here's hoping Howie can work some magic to get more picks in the gap between 53 & 103.

Looks to me like a lot of really nice prospects are gonna go in that range:-

LB - Willie Gay, Logan Wilson :wub:

CB - Darnay Holmes, Cam Dantzler

OL - Jonah Jackson, Robert Hunt, Matt Hennessey

RB - Antonio Gibson :wub:

DE - Jon Greenard, Jabari Zuniga, Darrell Taylor :wub:

S - Ashtyn Davis :wub:

13 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

12 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Agree.  It's amazing how quick this site got off the ground and has taken flight.  And it seems more people are posting here already than on the old site.

#HomeSweetHome

Correct. We'll have the usual pinned topics and ongoing draft discussion. The old boards are practically empty now.

I'm afraid the weird value system they have will screw us again. By the time it gets to our pick, if the person they want isn't there, and they won't be, then we will probably trade down to take an undersized something that will annoy the living crap out of me.

I'll be happy as long as we hit on a few draft picks. That is what it takes to keep the contender window open once the franchise QB has been paid.

OL, DL, and LB could all use a new starter, or depth for DL. And secondary/WR could use help. It is a deep WR class though, and so was last year even though we completely whiffed. Got to hit on a WR and the round doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Devaster said:

I'll be happy as long as we hit on a few draft picks. That is what it takes to keep the contender window open once the franchise QB has been paid.

OL, DL, and LB could all use a new starter, or depth for DL. And secondary/WR could use help. It is a deep WR class though, and so was last year even though we completely whiffed. Got to hit on a WR and the round doesn't matter.

Exactly. We need to draft players several positions. That's why I believe Howie sticks at 21 but may make a modest trade up to get Jefferson before Jacksonville does. 21-18 say. If they trade up for Lamb or Rugs they won't have enough picks left for the other positions. 

Hoping we trade up fro Ruggs / Jeudy 😃

Scared we trade up for Jefferson 🤢

Archived