**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nets are over hyped. Omg they gonna score all over us 🙄. They lose to trash teams that play good defense on them. They need to play defense like you said, you live by the 3 you die by the 3 and play zero defense and get murdered in the playoffs. Steve Nash and Mike D'Antoni should know they choked away how many great teams teaching and playing with that philosophy. 

this they lose to trash teams argument doesn’t hold water cause when did KD, kyrie and harden all play together on the court at the same time? just 6 times this year. They are 5-1 and the one loss came to Cleveland the very very first time they ever played together. The other 5 wins were clippers, GS, Miami twice and atlanta. 

yes they’ve lost to some trash teams when one or two were out. It’s a different ball game if all three are healthy and that were continuously happening. 

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

this they lose to trash teams argument doesn’t hold water cause when did KD, kyrie and harden all play together on the court at the same time? just 6 times this year. They are 5-1 and the one loss came to Cleveland the very very first time they ever played together. The other 5 wins were clippers, GS, Miami twice and atlanta. 

yes they’ve lost to some trash teams when one or two were out. It’s a different ball game if all three are healthy and that were continuously happening. 

They were healthy for 6 games big whoop it's not a big enough sample size to know how they will play down the stretch or in a series. Golden state is not a good team anymore and miami with no jimmy? And atlanta? Lol. They most likely won't be healthy for the playoffs either anyways 

Are you a nets fan or a sixers fan because you seem to defend how good the nets are. 

Allowed 117 to Irving and a rag tag team good Fing luck. 

You can turn on defense with effort, that has been talked about around the league and teams think Nets will ratchet up the intensity. 

Sixers better hope Harden and or KD remain hurt

• Haha 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

They were healthy for 6 games big whoop it's not a big enough sample size to know how they will play down the stretch or in a series. Golden state is not a good team anymore and miami with no jimmy? And atlanta? Lol. They most likely won't be healthy for the playoffs either anyways 

Are you a nets fan or a sixers fan because you seem to defend how good the nets are. 

We see reality and the reality is KD is a top 25 player of all time as is Harden. Then throw in Irving who is probably top 50. I personally think Irving is one of the most skilled basketball players ever to wear a uniform. 

I will take talent all day everyday over how well a team plays together. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No I am telling you you keep saying they lose to trash teams. They haven’t had all three on the court to say that. So if they’ve only played six games your argument is frankly moot. It’s like saying the Sixers lose to trash teams like the cavs twice, pistons and pelicans. Meanwhile in three of those four games embiid didn’t play so what does it really matter if they lost to trash teams without one of our best players. Same for the nets. 

I am not a nets fan but I’m not illogical enough to make an argument well they lose the trash team when down star players meanwhile I know they’ve only had six games together so that argument is completely moot. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

No I am telling you you keep saying they lose to trash teams. They haven’t had all three on the court to say that. So if they’ve only played six games your argument is frankly stupid. It’s like saying the Sixers lose to trash teams like the cavs twice, pistons and pelicans. Meanwhile in three of those four games embiid beat didn’t play so what does it really matter if they lost to trash teams without one of our bets players. Same for the nets. 

I am not a nets fan but I’m not illogical enough to make an argument well they lose the trash team meanwhile I know they’ve only had six games together so that argument is completely moot. 

I keep saying they lose to bad teams because the majority of their season has been not playing together. The likely hood of all 3 playing together is very slim and they can't compete with good teams with only 2 of the 3. They got smoked by the lakers without LeBron and AD and drummond meanwhile the nets had KD and Irving the problem was they could not stop the lakers second unit . 

When they play more then 6 games together then you can make a better judgement of how well they will do until then this is all speculation. They need to play defense the lowest ranked defense in the last 20 championships was 11 the nets are currently ranked 28th. With that kind of defense they can't afford to have any days off on offense. 

Can't believe Im arguing with sixers fans about how good the nets are... 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I keep saying they lose to bad teams because the majority of their season has been not playing together. The likely hood of all 3 playing together is very slim and they can't compete with good teams with only 2 of the 3. They got smoked by the lakers without LeBron and AD and drummond meanwhile the nets had KD and Irving the problem was they could not stop the lakers second unit . 

When they play more then 6 games together then you can make a better judgement of how well they will do until then this is all speculation. They need to play defense the lowest ranked defense in the last 20 championships was 11 the nets are currently ranked 28th. With that kind of defense they can't afford to have any days off on offense. 

Can't believe Im arguing with sixers fans about how good the nets are... 

You mean when Kevin Durant just came back from his injury? You don’t think the next five weeks before the playoffs they’re not gonna try to ramp it up with him as the playoffs get closer. This is my problem with you they’re resting guys to get to the playoffs healthy. They don’t give a crap about the regular season. You seem to think the regular season matters to them. They could be the eight seed they would not care. Their end game isn’t seeding. It’s getting to the playoffs and being healthy. If that means James Harden rest for three weeks they don’t care. 

also you’re making a huge assumption that they just won’t be healthy at any point in time. I will guarantee you if that Sixers game tonight was a playoff game Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and James Harden would’ve been on the court. They have the luxury of not playing James Harden tonight and Kevin Durant because it doesn’t matter what seed they are. They don’t care. This is not oh my God James Hardin is so hurt they’re gonna be devastated. No they said who gives a crap if they are two seed or the one seed. As long as we give James Harden a month to get healthy and by the playoffs he’s fully healthy who cares

again I never said they were unbeatable. However you’re going to have to score better when you’re playing against two of the best offensive players in the game of basketball today. Add Kyrie Irving who is a good player when he’s on the court. And the fourth option in Joe Harris would probably be the sixers third option. 

I love the Sixers. Do I think they have a chance of beating them? Yes but the margin for error for the Sixers is much less because they don’t have to consistent scoring from game to game outside of Embiid and Harris.  Let me add on Kevin Durant is probably the second best player in the NBA when he’s on the court, James Harden has been a top 10 player is not top-five player in the NBA for the last six years and Kyrie Irving is a top 25 player. I’m not in denial about how good the nets can be when fully healthy. Their defense sucks however I also know their offense of ability with the guys they have has a chance to be elite

Nets basically doing what the lakers are with AD not rushing him back when they don’t care about their seeding. AD’s Achilles imo is a bigger concern then hardin’s current injury which frankly i think was just an excuse to give him rest for 2-3 weeks 

• Haha 1

The Sixers will not beat the Nets in the playoffs if the Nets have Durant, Irving and Harden.  I don't know if they beat them if they have Harden and Irving.  They can barely beat them with the Nets just having Irving lol

Now that being said, you don't know what happens in the playoffs....maybe the Nets have to play the Heat or Bucks before us (and that is assuming we don't crap the bed) and get knocked out by one of them.

That being said, there is still the issue of Ben...for all the great things he can do, this team is only going to go so far because of the one thing he can't.  

On 4/13/2021 at 10:32 AM, HazletonEagle said:

He has 1 hot streak every year.  Some people get their hopes up and then he sucks the following season as usual. 

I'm not interested in extending him. 

Dude he's 23! He's still developing and improving as a player. 

11 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Allowed 117 to Irving and a rag tag team good Fing luck. 

You can turn on defense with effort, that has been talked about around the league and teams think Nets will ratchet up the intensity. 

Sixers better hope Harden and or KD remain hurt

Meh, it was a total let down game and it showed. I actually thought they'd lose before the game started. Not sure how much you can glean from it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Good thing they were out 

We would have won by more if they played. They sleep walked through this one. It was a let down game. Happens in sports all the time. You should know that. This is the same reason the Eagles will win a few game this season. Teams won't get up for them. 

36 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Dude he's 23! He's still developing and improving as a player. 

This is the first year he has shown any improvement whatsoever. You have to be careful giving extensions to inconsistent players who show something only in the contract year. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

This is the first year he has shown any improvement whatsoever. You have to be careful giving extensions to inconsistent players who show something only in the contract year. 

It's not like he's going to demand max money. Someone made the argument that they'd rather have him than JJ. I was going to disagree with that, then I realized I couldn't. Kork will probably get around 8 mill a year. 

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

It's not like he's going to demand max money. Someone made the argument that they'd rather have him than JJ. I was going to disagree with that, then I realized I couldn't. Kork will probably get around 8 mill a year. 

Yeah.  It's gotta be small. Then I'd use him as a salary filler in a trade. 

they're going to be way over the cap & the luxury tax....so i don't see them throwing money at kork.  when you have 3 near max guys, you can only afford a couple mid range guys...with the rest being vets on min deals or players still on their rookie deals. 

Crazy to see the amount of pessimism for a team that is the #1 seed in the East 55 games into the season. I get wanting them to dominate games wire to wire, but even the best teams don’t usually win all four quarters. 

• Like 3

i think the play of guys like tobi, green, & curry will dictate how they do in the playoffs. in a slowed down game, ben will be pretty much useless on offense but hopefully a lockdown defender. teams will double embiid every time because he tends to throw the ball away when doubled...and they'll force tobi, green, curry, tisse, & shake to beat them. 

i think the sixers will be fine on defense...although quick guards sometimes give them nightmares. 

23 minutes ago, nipples said:

Crazy to see the amount of pessimism for a team that is the #1 seed in the East 55 games into the season. I get wanting them to dominate games wire to wire, but even the best teams don’t usually win all four quarters. 

Agreed. The come back last night was a fluke. They dominated the game up to the point the starters were taken out because the game was practically over. They took the foot off the gas and had a hard time putting it back on, which is understandable. That won’t happen in the playoffs.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

they're going to be way over the cap & the luxury tax....so i don't see them throwing money at kork.  when you have 3 near max guys, you can only afford a couple mid range guys...with the rest being vets on min deals or players still on their rookie deals. 

Tell that to Brooklyn :lol:

31 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yep, the win was the most important part of last night.  Otherwise the Sixers were in a situation where they couldn't please anyone.  Had the 2nd unit maintained the 22 point lead then the story would be that the Sixers beat up on the short handed Nets.  Instead the 2nd unit blows the lead and the story is the Sixers nearly lose to a shorthanded Nets squad. 

This is the story on most of the sports talk shows this morning and it's not fair.  The Nets are the bad guys here.  Morey and Doc didn't make the call for KD to play the T-Wolves and sit against the 6ers on national TV.