**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tolliver and scott are garbage 

Tolliver was a stupid move. They wanted to do something just to do something because they said stupid things in the recent past and probably felt like they had to then. They talked repeatedly about the backup 4 spot. Doc saying we needed someone, and Morey saying someone on the buyout market should be able to help. They didnt trade for one, and struck out on buyouts. So they... we got Tolliver.

Hes been beyond washed for about 2 years. Was just move to make a move. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Tolliver was a stupid move. They wanted to do something just to do something because they said stupid things in the recent past and probably felt like they had to then. They talked repeatedly about the backup 4 spot. Doc saying we needed someone, and Morey saying someone on the buyout market should be able to help. They didnt trade for one, and struck out on buyouts. So they... we got Tolliver.

Hes been beyond washed for about 2 years. Was just move to make a move. 

It’s really why i wished they acquired nance or markkanen. For me i wish we got markkanen. He’s 23 and around embiid could really become a hell of a stretch four. Since the bulls acquired vucevic his numbers have tailed off. Frankly they really aren’t a great fit together cause both are more of 4s and neither is great defensively 

by the way, Im not bashing Embiid in any way. But a word of warning as he is 0-3 from 3 tonight. This may be the point in the season where he is no longer a good 3pt shooter. It happens every year. He begins to wear down, and he starts shooting them almost flat footed. You can really tell a difference when he is shooting it well early in the year. So much more bounce in his jumper. 

Tonight, its awkward minimal leg bend, not getting toes off the ground at all. 

I hope he can keep getting to the FT line and at least maintain mid-range. But I expect his 3pt % on the season to start plummeting. It lasted longer this year than ever before, but Id bet its gone.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s really why i wished they acquired nance or markkanen. For me i wish we got markkanen. He’s 23 and around embiid could really become a hell of a stretch four. 

I wanted a nance move. Nance and Hill woulda really been nice. Not too splashy, but combined, really good improvement to the team.

Hill alone was not enough. And the Tolliver signing is a joke.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I wanted a nance move. Nance and Hill woulda really been nice. Not too splashy, but combined, really good improvement to the team.

Hill alone was not enough. And the Tolliver signing is a joke.

they outsmarted themselves. They believed the buyout market would be better than what they thought. 

Scorching hot Clippers had won 7 in a row. They didnt have Kahwi but we were also short handed. Good win.

Oh brother. 

Paul George: "They got away with a lot of stuff. I won't even get into that. Y'all know what's going on. Next question."

6 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

Oh brother. 

Paul George: "They got away with a lot of stuff. I won't even get into that. Y'all know what's going on. Next question."

Yall know whats going on? Yes Paul... Philly teams always get breaks.  Especially the 76ers. The league loves Philly and hates its LA teams. 

Sounds like a guy getting upset when his team couldn't handle the physicality. 

The Philly/Boston rivalry is alive again these days,  and these 6ers are battle hardened.  LA Paul couldn't handle that smoke.

• Like 2

We are in a tough stretch now......if we go 2-2 over the next four games, then go 12-2 (looking at the schedule), we should close out 12-4.  I know everyone hated the Nets pulling everyone for that game but with us owning the tie breaker, I don't see the Nets, with a similar but somewhat harder schedule going 14-2.  The Sixers need to take care of business but the #1 is going to be critical.  Assuming chalk, let Milwaukee and Brooklyn beat each other up in Round 2 while we would play Hawks/Celtics.  Again, this isn't going to be easy and so much can happen with injuries...but get us the #1 seed and let's see what happens!!

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

We are in a tough stretch now......if we go 2-2 over the next four games, then go 12-2 (looking at the schedule), we should close out 12-4.  I know everyone hated the Nets pulling everyone for that game but with us owning the tie breaker, I don't see the Nets, with a similar but somewhat harder schedule going 14-2.  The Sixers need to take care of business but the #1 is going to be critical.  Assuming chalk, let Milwaukee and Brooklyn beat each other up in Round 2 while we would play Hawks/Celtics.  Again, this isn't going to be easy and so much can happen with injuries...but get us the #1 seed and let's see what happens!!

I'll tell you what happens and it probably wont be good. Embiid is a bit hobbled hence what Haz said above. He and Harris can't carry the team alone and Ben is pathetic. Bench will be great one game and then vanish 3 others while teams take Embiid away.

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says '"I'M THE DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR. I'M NOT EVEN QUESTIONING IT RIGHT NOW... WAS SUPPOSED TO GUARD KD... KD'S OUT, THE NEXT PERSON I'M GUARDING IS KYRIE IRVING. LIKE... WHO'S DOING THAT?" இசடம ፍ iDes'

May be an image of 1 person, ball and text that says 'REPORTER: "DIDN'T KYRIE HAVE, LIKE, 37 LAST NIGHT THOUGH?" SIMMONS: "YEAH, BUT WE WON. HIS PLUS/MINUS WAS NEGATIVE, TOO."'

May be an image of 1 person and text

What the hell is his deal lately?? Geez shut the hell up already

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Celtics signed Jabari Parker. Not sure why we preferred Toliver...

Rivers or Gerald Green are available as well 

Embiid is so fragile. Not just physically, but mentally too. You never know when hes going to lose interest in basketball, or be motivated.

"I'll be honest, I would come in—like I said, I'm the type of guy [who loves] playing basketball—and I would come into the gym and I would feel like, oh my god, I hope this goes so fast so I can leave, so I can go home. That's how I felt last year. And I was at the point where I was just losing my mind, everything was just not going god around then. That kind of explains how last year went, and this year, having a kid, you know, changed everything."

He was 25 years old, trying to carry a nba team with a flawed cast and had a goober of a head coach. Just sounds to me like he's growing up and maturing. His personality was always a little immature, maybe it's just finally clicking together.  

14 minutes ago, ggs5008 said:

He was 25 years old, trying to carry a nba team with a flawed cast and had a goober of a head coach. Just sounds to me like he's growing up and maturing. His personality was always a little immature, maybe it's just finally clicking together.  

this was just last year. And he felt like that because his buddy JJ Redick was let go. Theres no defending it. You just have to hope his newfound "love" of basketball lasts. But you never know whats the next thing to throw him in to emo mode.

16 minutes ago, rambo said:

I don't think there's enough ****ing about the best team in Philly.  You guys should try harder.

Yeah, that's a really high bar.

24 minutes ago, rambo said:

I don't think there's enough ****ing about the best team in Philly.  You guys should try harder.

Back and forth GIF - Find on GIFER

To be clear, I dont hate Joel. 

Its just unnerving when hes the best weve got and hes so bi-polar. Itd be bad enough if we just had to worry about injury with him at any point. But you also have his flightiness on top of it. One minute hes dominant and the next, hes ready to quit basketball because his friend signed with a different team and he lets that affect his entire season. Thats the guy we are relying on the most to bring us a championship and we can never know if he will remain committed from one season to the next. 

• Like 1

The NBA has instructed its teams to prepare for the impact of the verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial, sources told Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Due to potential protests, civil unrest, and team reactions in response to the verdict, the league also raised the possibility of postponing games this week.