**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 minute ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Loving it.  Outrageous lopsided bench scoring differential for the Sixers.  Wow.  When was the last time we could say that??

early part of last decade? I think I was in college 2004-2008 range when we would celebrate the "night shift" bench unit.

actually thats not even last decade. Thats 2 decades ago. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Hes Dr. K.

Kate Scott dropping the "Turkish Air” reference

:roll: :roll: 

• Like 1

Nice stat line for Maxey. For his first game as starting PG, I’m pretty happy with 20 points, 5 assists. Thought he looked solid and should only get better as the season goes along. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

This is why I said we need a PG

Yeah.  Ball movement wasn't great with Simmons either. But with 0 real PGs we had 24 or 25 assists,  and like to be around 30. So,  need more. 

Honestly,  5 is nice for Maxey considering the circumstance. Kork was the back up PG and had like 1 or 2 iirc.

I think the bench unit operated much better when Maxey moved there. Kork is okay bringing the ball up in spurts but isn't a solution. They were sloppy with the ball but looked much more dynamic as a unit with that change alone. 

They really do need a PG though. I'm not sure if they think Shake is the solution for the bench but that also feels like a bad fit. 

I wasn’t able to watch last night.  But I heard a play by play clip of Kate Scott, this morning.  Good God.  That’s a hard listen.  Really bad.  How was the broadcast?  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I wasn’t able to watch last night.  But I heard a play by play clip of Kate Scott, this morning.  Good God.  That’s a hard listen.  Really bad.  How was the broadcast?  

I wasn’t Impressed. Wasn’t awful, but wasn’t good. If anything, Ala needs to go. Bring back Steve Mix or someone that doesn’t talk nonsense all game long.

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I’ve never been wowed by Ben’s passing. Occasionally he’ll make a great pass, sure, but just as often he’d make a dumb decisions. 

When you consider the blunders, like throwing the ball away because he’s trying to get cute, and combine that with the actual "highlight reel” passes, I think he overall comes away as just a good passer. But certainly not great. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

I wasn’t Impressed. Wasn’t awful, but wasn’t good. If anything, Ala needs to go. Bring back Steve Mix or someone that doesn’t talk nonsense all game long.

All he wants to talk about is 1980s Duke teams. I'm not sure why he covers 6ers games. 

33 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Nah, love Ala. He just doesn’t seem as great without Zumoff. That was just such a perfect duo, it’s a shame it had to end. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Ala was fine with Zumoff.  The problem now is there is no energy from the duo of Kate and him.  Kate's energy feels very forced and not natural and Ala has always been the laid back breakdown play style which worked with Zumoff but it doesn't with Kate.  They're just not going to be a good duo.  Give me Tom McGinnis!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rambo said:

Ala was fine with Zumoff.  The problem now is there is no energy from the duo of Kate and him.  Kate's energy feels very forced and not natural and Ala has always been the laid back breakdown play style which worked with Zumoff but it doesn't with Kate.  They're just not going to be a good duo.  Give me Tom McGinnis!

I thought the content of what she was saying was decent. And her energy was just different than Zumoff. I also felt like maybe her volume was too low or something? Just seemed off, maybe they have to dial it in or something. I dunno, I'm willing to give her a few games until I give a fair reaction. 

2 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I thought the content of what she was saying was decent. And her energy was just different than Zumoff. I also felt like maybe her volume was too low or something? Just seemed off, maybe they have to dial it in or something. I dunno, I'm willing to give her a few games until I give a fair reaction. 

Did seem that way.  I'll give them a shot but the debut (at least for me since I didn't watch preseason) was very underwhelming.  Could be that combined with the half empty arena down there.  They did manage to get the "Where's Ben Simmons" chant going down there which was ignored by both broadcasters.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nipples said:

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I’ve never been wowed by Ben’s passing. Occasionally he’ll make a great pass, sure, but just as often he’d make a dumb decisions. 

When you consider the blunders, like throwing the ball away because he’s trying to get cute, and combine that with the actual "highlight reel” passes, I think he overall comes away as just a good passer. But certainly not great. 

He was top 3 since his debut in most 3 point assists. 

9 minutes ago, rambo said:

Did seem that way.  I'll give them a shot but the debut (at least for me since I didn't watch preseason) was very underwhelming.  Could be that combined with the half empty arena down there.  They did manage to get the "Where's Ben Simmons" chant going down there which was ignored by both broadcasters.

Yeah I watched zero preseason coverage so only have last night to go on so far. 

Anyone see the statement during the flyers game by broadcasters about Ben Simmons?

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I can't wait to see the anger when Maxey gets put in a trade with Simmons 

If it gets me Beal or Lillard then I don't care.  Otherwise, yes, I won't be happy.  Kid is only 20 and will be a three level scorer who can take most of the NBA off the dribble with his quickness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I was about to say this. Ben shifts into brain neutral several times a game and makes inexplicably bad decisions with the basketball. When you add on the fact that other teams don't have to account for him AT ALL on the offensive end, he ends up being a liability as often as he's an asset.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

She wasn't as good as Zumoff but she wasn't awful either.  Considering I have to put up with the likes of Joe Buck and Chris Collinsworth for football broadcasts, we could do a lot worse. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gannan said:

She wasn't as good as Zumoff but she wasn't awful either.  Considering I have to put up with the likes of Joe Buck and Chris Collinsworth for football broadcasts, we could do a lot worse. 

At least she didn't fall asleep like Eric Snow.  Though they almost put me to sleep listening to them.