**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Just now, jsdarkstar said:

Maybe so. I hope the sixers refuse to pay him. Let Ben take em to court to get his money. Maybe the Judge will rule by the time he becomes a Free Agent.

I just worry that complaining of pain downstream from a previously established and accepted back injury will be nearly impossible for the Sixers to dismiss.

At this point, my goal is just to get to Friday.

I want a game with Ben Simmons on the court (or in the stands) in Philly.

I want that more than losing the distraction.  I want that more than getting the best possible crappy compensation in a trade.  

Bring on the circus.

• Like 1

[Shams Charania]Sources: 76ers All-Star Ben Simmons is currently not mentally ready to play for the team and was receiving treatment on his back today due to ramp up process. He will miss Friday’s home opener vs. Nets and is not expected to play for an undetermined period of time.

[Adrian Wojnarowski] The Sixers' medical staff cleared Simmons to participate in the workout after the back treatment, sources tell ESPN. The Sixers had hoped to see Simmons in the workout today and have him go through shoot-around on Friday morning prior to game vs. Nets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I just worry that complaining of pain downstream from a previously established and accepted back injury will be nearly impossible for the Sixers to dismiss.

If they have documented when he was done with treatment, and hasn't come for treatment for x time frame,  maybe they can say that injury was in the past. This is a new injury and not basketball related because he arrived hurt after a suspension from the team and did not report an injury on any days of practice he was here for. 

• Like 1

Yeah good idea Ben. Fake an injury. That will surely make your trade value skyrocket and get you out of Philly ASAP. 

Dude is a moron. Or he’s just so terrified of stepping on the court in front of the fans at this point that he doesn’t care what happens as long as he can avoid that. 

Don't injured players still have to show up and sit on the bench unless they are excused by the team?

C'mon Sixers -- you owe the fans this. Make that clown sit on the bench so we can heckle him mercilessly. 

• Like 2

Who didn't see this coming a mile away?  The Sixers are doing the rest of the NBA a favor.  By not putting up with this ish.

They are also doing Jalen Hurts and Sirianni a favor by taking the attention away from how bad they are.  They should send him flowers and on the note it should say....THANKS BEN SIMMONS

The Undefeated on Twitter: ""Ben Simmons has been building orphanages, like  this one, completely out of his playoff bricks" 💀💀 Nobody is safe when  @AnthonyMackie is on the stage! #ESPYS… https://t.co/iQqpwq2Aev"

22 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah good idea Ben. Fake an injury. That will surely make your trade value skyrocket and get you out of Philly ASAP. 

Dude is a moron. Or he’s just so terrified of stepping on the court in front of the fans at this point that he doesn’t care what happens as long as he can avoid that. 

that's a huge part of it. he can't handle not being coddled any longer. 

Woj's stiff back story totally jives with the Ramona Shelburne piece about Ben trying to get excused out of Game 7.  Ben wants no part of that opening night WFC crowd. 

e2d6eb71c575e3fcf81d77176f69f360.jpg

Morey  on 97.5 saying they are willing to let Ben sit and rot for 4 years.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Said the other day, Ben Fed with the wrong GM with a bigger ego than any player in the league. 

• Like 2

Good for Morey. I’ve been saying to just ship him out for whatever they can get, but no. Not anymore. At this point I make the shithead suffer. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, nipples said:

Good for Morey. I’ve been saying to just ship him out for whatever they can get, but no. Not anymore. At this point I make the shithead suffer. 

I'd trade him to some Ukrainian B team squad or the WNBA for a pack of smokes and a six pack. But seriously at this point id say get used to us Ben you ain't going anywhere for four long years. Suck it up and play or try sitting out half a decade. Your call. 

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

Oh FFS just take the deal for Russell and the picks and be done with it. 

No f him. Make him stay and be miserable. You don't give a kid throwing a temper tantrum candy. And seeing as how he's already torched his trade value you might as well not give him what he wants. 

• Like 2

Ben has dug himself quite a hole.  This situation is gonna be centerpiece of the next CBA so many of the players and gonna be down on him for that alone. 

He has a mortgage + taxes + condo fees on a property in Center City that he can't sell.  He has a big mortgage + NJ taxes on his Moorestown mansion.  He has an even bigger mortgage with his new Cali pad.  What's he gonna do, rent a hotel suite for a full season if Morey doesn't trade him? That would get expensive.  Oh and on top of all of this, his sister is either crazy and/or his half brother is an incestuous molester. 

Kudos to Kendall for bailing on this train-wreck for Booker.  That was a great trade. 

3 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

What is wrong with D'Angelo Russell? I thought he could at least provide some offense

25 and on his 4th team just screams something is wrong. He also is known for just doing dumb crap in clutch minutes. 

The 76ers organization needs to summon their inner Kendal Jenner and find a way to not get Fed by Simmons anymore.  Whatever it takes.  

• Haha 1

I thought it was interesting conversation on 97.5 today they were discussing there’s been some rumors (i guess told to Tyrone via nba circles) the owners might have a work stoppage. Not sure how truthful it is but the owners want to try and either amend or rip up the current CBA in order to prevent something like what Ben Simmons is doing with 4 years left on a max contract and 1 year into the max contract. If that actually happened Ben could successfully piss off the rest of the nba and players which could effect wherever he goes next and plays with. 

• Like 1

So Simmons reported the back tightness, received treatment and then was cleared to participate in his workout. And didnt.

Thats interesting. I thought he was supposed to work out, and missed due to back pain and then got treatment.  The order of events make a difference in optics there. And, of course the worse scenario for Ben is the one that played out. 

For the 6ers, they cleared him to play. So he cant really claim that he missed due to injury. He can go get an MRI, and a bone scan. Presumably they will show up clean, or at least unchanged from his last one. And hes not going to have the injury argument to get paid.

He has a meeting tomorrow with 6ers front office to discuss his playing status.

Embiid is questionable with knee soreness. After the game he was asked about his knee, and said it was just a knee to knee collision and not a big deal. 

• Like 1