**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He was top 3 since his debut in most 3 point assists. 

That will happen when his go to move is driving, stopping in the paint, and passing out instead of taking the higher percentage shot. I doubt they keep these numbers,  but I’d be curious to see if he also is top 3 in 3 point shots missed after his pass. 

What I’m getting at is he takes so few shots because he opts to pass when he shouldn’t, so he’s naturally going to have a lot of assists. 

11 minutes ago, nipples said:

That will happen when his go to move is driving, stopping in the paint, and passing out instead of taking the higher percentage shot. I doubt they keep these numbers,  but I’d be curious to see if he also is top 3 in 3 point shots missed after his pass. 

What I’m getting at is he takes so few shots because he opts to pass when he shouldn’t, so he’s naturally going to have a lot of assists. 

An assist is an assist and in modern era where they value the 3 over the 2 the numbers don't lie in that he definitely created a lot of open 3 point opportunities. 

Solid victory last night. The Second Unit is going to be key. Love that 4 players scored over 20 points. 

31 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Meanwhile today at practice after the suspension 

E9DD1C8D-D4D4-47E5-80D4-FD3FF412642E.jpeg

Did this piece of trash actually show up for practice today? 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I can't wait to see the anger when Maxey gets put in a trade with Simmons 

Maxey played a Solid game last night!

23 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Nah. It's perfect for Ben. He can dominate based on his physical gifts alone and won't have to acknowledge any weaknesses in his game. It's basically how he lived until getting to the NBA -- get by on talent alone. 

he'd still have the smallest balls in the league. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

he'd still have the smallest balls in the league. 

i have big ones because i love to shoot them.

• Like 1

Apparently a CC Sebathia quote.

"You think you can play somewhere else? Nobody else wants you. You can’t shoot the basketball. This guy is walking around like he’s LeBron. Go the f—k home." 😳

On 10/21/2021 at 12:14 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Apparently a CC Sebathia quote.

"You think you can play somewhere else? Nobody else wants you. You can’t shoot the basketball. This guy is walking around like he’s LeBron. Go the f—k home." 😳

I pray that’s a real quite.  When real, elite athletes who’ve walked the walk in their respective sports call you out, it has to cut deep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's even better in video. You can see the moment where he's inching towards "I don't want to criticize another player" and then the realness takes over

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

An assist is an assist and in modern era where they value the 3 over the 2 the numbers don't lie in that he definitely created a lot of open 3 point opportunities. 

My argument is that he’s cost them more points by passing up opportunities to go to the rim and passing to shooters who miss than what he’s generated by passing to shooters who make the shot.

Again, this is a difficult stat to track but just by watching they miss on a lot of points because he opts to kick it out when he could get to the rim. The points lost would be even more dramatic if he could actually hit free throws. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

It's even better in video. You can see the moment where he's inching towards "I don't want to criticize another player" and then the realness takes over

Kelce is a damn legend. I’ve mentioned this in another Eagles thread but the list of players throughout Eagle history who I NEVER want to see put on another uniform, even when they start to fall off as a productive player, is extremely short. Kelce is on that list. 

• Like 2

Heard on WIP, So, According to Woj. Simmons showed up today for a scheduled workout, but did not participate in any drills and then left. 

Expect a Suspension and fines again!

2 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Heard on WIP, So, According to Woj. Simmons showed up today for a scheduled workout, but did not participate in any drills and then left. 

Expect a Suspension and fines again!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rambo said:

No practice today.

Tomorrow's pre-game morning shoot around will be one of the most media scrutinized regular season shoot arounds in history.  Can't wait. 

Just now, vikas83 said:

Here comes the injury excuse.

Oh FFS just take the deal for Russell and the picks and be done with it. 

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Just about to post it. It's fraud. This is going to spark the NBA to investigate this fraudulent claim. Or maybe, the Sixers will argue that since he has not participated in any Practices, his injury is not work related and therefore they don't have to pay him?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

3 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Just about to post it. It's fraud. This is going to spark the NBA to investigate this fraudulent claim. Or maybe, the Sixers will argue that since he has not participated in any Practices, his injury is not work related and therefore they don't have to pay him?

He missed extended time with a herniated disc in 2020.

Is it BS this time?  Of course.   But the move here is probably for Simmons to complain of back problems related to his prior play-related injury...then he has to get his money.

That's almost undoubtedly why he went with back tightness as the reason he's out.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He missed extended time with a herniated disc in 2020.

Is it BS this time?  Of course.   But the move here is probably for Simmons to complain of back problems related to his prior play-related injury...then he has to get his money.

That's almost undoubtedly why he went with back tightness as the reason he's out.

Maybe so. I hope the sixers refuse to pay him. Let Ben take em to court to get his money. Maybe the Judge will rule by the time he becomes a Free Agent.

8 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I can't say I'm surprised. The man literally alters the way he plays the game in order to avoid embarrassment. There's no way he's gonna allow himself to be on the sidelines getting mocked by fans during a game. 

• Like 1