Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I thought the sixers defense and the nets hitting everything was a much bigger issue than that. Why when we beat the nets last time and embiid was jawing at KD we said the next time they’d face Durant would play out of his mind. He did. Also think the nets had something to prove to harden in this game and wanted to stick it to him. 

I mean I'll trust KD over your opinion on it. I have a feeling he knows more lol

KD and Irving love to ball so they will always get up for these games. Said a few days ago you don't want to face this team in the first round. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

A1FD0EA3-7513-4C2E-8395-C4F3F7F52179.jpeg

I’m not too worried about it.  It’s one garbage throw away game. Let’s evaluate some more before jumping off a bridge.

 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I mean I'll trust KD over your opinion on it. I have a feeling he knows more lol

KD and Irving love to ball so they will always get up for these games. Said a few days ago you don't want to face this team in the first round. 

the sixers defense allowing them to shoot 63% and 55ish% from 3 through 3 quarters wasn’t a big reason? The Nets only had 72 points at the half and 102 after 3 quarters…Show me a team that wins games allowing their opponent through 3 quarters to score 100+ points and to shoot nearly 65% from the field and nearly 55% from 3 on over 25 attempts? It’s very rare. I bet maybe one game this year where a team won with their defense that bad through 3 quarters  

the defense was awful from the opening jump which is their best defensive unit. Maybe KD is also talking about their rotations/defensive assignments when he mentioned that. I agree with Kevin Durant about their rotation due to FTs having an affect on them.  I think much more so offensively then defense. Their defense was horrible starter or bench. Better rotations were not going to change how awful they were on the defensive end or the matchup issues they have on that end. unless we are talking about defensive rotations where they are communicating better on defensive end of the floor on when to switch on screens and help on defense.

I’m not taking too much out of this game, but the one thing that should be in everyone’s mind and concerning is that this team has two of the following: a coach who has come up small in just about every big spot the past 10 years and a guy in Harden who has come up small in big moments his entire career. Maybe that changes in the playoffs, but their track record isn’t encouraging. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Reed is your back up big

No he’s not.  

6 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I’m not taking too much out of this game, but the one thing that should be in everyone’s mind and concerning is that this team has two of the following: a coach who has come up small in just about every big spot the past 10 years and a guy in Harden who has come up small in big moments his entire career. Maybe that changes in the playoffs, but their track record isn’t encouraging. 

3rd: A terrible bench.  

2 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I’m not taking too much out of this game, but the one thing that should be in everyone’s mind and concerning is that this team has two of the following: a coach who has come up small in just about every big spot the past 10 years and a guy in Harden who has come up small in big moments his entire career. Maybe that changes in the playoffs, but their track record isn’t encouraging. 

I have some concerns before this game and some more after and some thoughts.  

1. I am with 4for4 on the bench. Frankly I didn’t think the bench was all that good before they made this trade. Niang is solid. Danny green is ok but even he is inconsistent at this stage of his career. But everyone else on that bench is super inconsistent or they’re just not that good.  I think one of the major things they’re gonna have to do this off-season is build that bench up and get upgraded from korkmaz, shake, Jordan, millsap, joe and Reed.

2. doc was an issue prior and after this trade. He’s overrated and just an average coach. I think that why that d’antoni rumor came out when it did. However he’s not that much better. 

3. I think you are right to have some concern with harden’s past but i think he’s going to be fine. 

4. Harris needs to give the sixers more. He had 16 points tonight but 11 of those points came when they were already down like 25 points. I said this a couple days ago against the Knicks, he can float out there against teams like that. Against better teams like the nets and suns and bucks they are going to need him. He needs to be impactful. I think this is the reason why he gets dealt and another shoe drops. Cause with harden and embiid he just needs to be the third scorer and really he’s 4th scorer and sometimes even 5th in games. 

5. maxey has been awesome this year. So we tend to forget he’s still really young. It’s just his second season. Long term i think he’s fine and he thrives but i think there’s going to be some growing pains from time to time  

6. We are dead last in rebounding. That’s a major cause for concern. Cause it wasn’t great prior to the trade.

7. For whatever reason we are just not the same team at home since last postseason. Ever since we lost 3 home games to the hawks in the playoffs we haven’t been close to as dominant at home. We are 19-14 and 21-11 on the road.

8. Thybulle needs to be way more consistent. 7 games since we traded harden he’s had 11, 8, 10, 0, 0, 12, 4. We don’t need him scoring 15-20. We just need him to at least be a threat out there. Additionally we need him to be better on the glass. We can ridicule Ben Simmons and hate him all we want but he did a good job on the glass. We need Thybulle to have more than what he’s averaging on the glass. In the last seven games he’s averaging 2.8 boards. He started well against Minnesota and the Knicks with 7 and 6. Since he’s had 1,1,1,1,3. we need him to be more active on the glass especially since we rank 30th in the league.

9. our defense was atrocious tonight. Particularly on the perimeter. Also guys not switching. Guys getting lost. (Maybe that’s guys just not playing with each other for all that long). And guys just not giving all that much effort on that end once we got down early. We obviously were going to take a step back defensively losing Simmons. That’s the one thing he excelled at. However they need to figure something out because the deeper we get in the postseason i think it’ll be exploited like tonight. Also we don’t really have another perimeter defender besides thybulle especially with green out and not what he once was 

10. slow starts have become a habit. It feels like every game we are slow out of the gate. In the last five games they have only had the lead after the first quarter against the bulls. They have been down 8, 13, 8 and 17 in the other 4. The bulls game is also the only game we’ve been ahead at the half. Can’t keep doing that 

I just figured it was going to be a loss because the climax was in the pre-game warm-ups.

This was my only problem with the trade, you gave up your best shooter. Seth Curry is gonna make the Sixers regret giving him up. We have no shooters on this team. People was worried about trading away Maxey or Thybulle. I would have rather givin them Thybulle than curry. 

1 hour ago, jwill2420 said:

This was my only problem with the trade, you gave up your best shooter. Seth Curry is gonna make the Sixers regret giving him up. We have no shooters on this team. People was worried about trading away Maxey or Thybulle. I would have rather givin them Thybulle than curry. 

I felt they should have traded with the Knicks. Barret plus would have been who I pursued

Statement game.

Another early playoff exit coming.  They are still a couple pieces away.

So much overreaction to one game :lol:

7 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

I just figured it was going to be a loss because the climax was in the pre-game warm-ups.

It was truly a side show atmosphere. I don’t doubt that created a high before the game and a let down shortly thereafter. They played tight all throughout the game. 

51 minutes ago, nipples said:

So much overreaction to one game :lol:

I saw it coming a mile away. This reminded me of the exact same set up as the Celts game a couple weeks ago. Way too much euphoria and patting themselves on the back leading up to the game.

  • Author
1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

I saw it coming a mile away. This reminded me of the exact same set up as the Celts game a couple weeks ago. Way too much euphoria and patting themselves on the back leading up to the game.

Doesn't help that Doc hasn't really had much of an offensive scheme put in for this group since Harden got here.  It's everyone clear out and either let Harden or Embiid drive the lane and try to draw a foul.  Or pump fake and throw up 3's.  Especially in the 1st quarter.  There is no movement, no direction.  The pieces should fit like a glove....until you realize who is trying to jam them in the wrong holes.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Doesn't help that Doc hasn't really had much of an offensive scheme put in for this group since Harden got here.  It's everyone clear out and either let Harden or Embiid drive the lane and try to draw a foul.  Or pump fake and throw up 3's.  Especially in the 1st quarter.  There is no movement, no direction.  The pieces should fit like a glove....until you realize who is trying to jam them in the wrong holes.  

I agree Doc leaves a lot to be desired. I truly believe this is his put up or shut up season. He gets fired if they don’t make it at least to the conference finals. 

 

We have to remember that it’s only been like 5 games with Harden in the lineup. We should have expected nights like this, while they’re clearly trying to work out how the offense is going to flow. While I do have some concerns about Doc’s ability to put the plan in place, I think there’s too much talent to not get it together over the next 2-3 weeks. 

We beat the Nets this season without Harden on our team. But they are really tough when they have guys like Irving and Curry in the lineup which we hadnt seen together before. 

I think our team was far too hyped, and focused on Simmons rather than the game. We will never shoot as poorly in another game against them. 

But that shouldnt have affected the defensive effort. We have to figure out how to defend that team. It wasnt a lack of energy. We had plenty of that. We had no answers.

 

In the summer, we need to find knock down shooters to replace guys like Shake, Green, and Kork. Harris isnt consistent enough as a 3 point shooter and doesnt like taking a large volume of them anymore. Green is more consistently cold these days. Shake has never established himself as a consistent threat. Kork has sucked for long stretches, including now. Team needs more shooting. Reliable shooting.

 

9 minutes ago, nipples said:

We have to remember that it’s only been like 5 games with Harden in the lineup. We should have expected nights like this, while they’re clearly trying to work out how the offense is going to flow. While I do have some concerns about Doc’s ability to put the plan in place, I think there’s too much talent to not get it together over the next 2-3 weeks. 

I think we have done well with a lot of 5 out stuff, with pick and rolls mixed in beteween Harden and Embiid.

Last night, Harden was careless with his passes. Tons of them got tipped away. And when they would swing it to Maxey, he wasnt attacking the closeouts, or shooting the 3. He was standing there like a Ben Simmons, afraid to do anything.

 

Thybulle really hurts. You cant outscore a Nets team playing 4 on 5. He makes you think you have to play him for his defense but thats a catch-22. He is the actual new Simmons. Its the same exact issue. 

nets did fine with non-offensive player bruce brown in their lineup last night. it was just a sheet game for harden & maxey...and they don't have any sort of bench to provide an offensive spark.  and doc is still doc.  how does he not attack seth's defense all game long?  that's a no brainer. abuse seth until they have to take him off the court. but nope...nothing but iso and guys standing around. 

I’m almost wondering if they need to experiment with Harris at the 3, with Embiid and Niang in the front court. I know it isn’t ideal, but you can’t have Thybulle killing the offense and Green is useless these days outside of an occasional corner three, which hasn’t been frequent enough. 

9 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

nets did fine with non-offensive player bruce brown in their lineup last night. it was just a sheet game for harden & maxey...and they don't have any sort of bench to provide an offensive spark.  and doc is still doc.  how does he not attack seth's defense all game long?  that's a no brainer. abuse seth until they have to take him off the court. but nope...nothing but iso and guys standing around. 

This is what got me.  It was like I was watching an entirely different team.  Nobody was moving off-ball.  Not even when doubles came on Embiid and Harden.  It was just weird.  Just dudes standing around the perimeter waiting.  They were just straight up sloppy in the plays they ran. They just didn't seem interested.

5 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

This was my only problem with the trade, you gave up your best shooter. Seth Curry is gonna make the Sixers regret giving him up. We have no shooters on this team. People was worried about trading away Maxey or Thybulle. I would have rather givin them Thybulle than curry. 

In a perfect world for us we keep Seth and give the Nets Danny and Springer but the Nets weren't that desperate.  I said the day of the trade that Isiah Joe filling Seth's production would be key to making this work.  For whatever reason he doesn't seem to be ready.  Certainly not the sniper we saw in the preseason.  And speaking of regression, the guys I were around last night were remembering a time when we were hyping Shake as a potential 6th Man of The Year.  Comparing him to a young Lou Will or Jamal Crawford.  Between the bout of covid and the back issue, this seems like a step back year for Shake. 

There's not a lot of wiggle room here.  Shake or Joe (preferably both) has to return to the potential of what we once saw. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.