Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

The loses are all the same. Same game script and outcome every single time.

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

This team ain’t making it out of the first round 

Our defense and rebounding suck so so much…

This team is just so very frustrating 

Harden looks like poo poo

and Harris is too soft

Raptors without Van Fleet and OG.

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Raptors without Van Fleet and OG.

They were without them last time they beat the sixers too.  Looks like it’ll be them in the first round…don’t see how the sixers don’t get swept 

Could we have traded Simmons straight up for Siakam at the start of the season or am I imagining that?

I think Harden is injured. This isn’t the same guy that played the first 5-7 games with the 76ers. He has zero lift when he shoots.

14 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Could we have traded Simmons straight up for Siakam at the start of the season or am I imagining that?

it seemed like a possibility. Im not sure how concrete those rumors ever were. 

After the last 2 games its become pretty clear we cant hang with the raptors. Playoffs could be very short lived. 

Four things from this game 

1. thank god for maxey cause he’s playing better than both Harris and harden. 

2. Green actually played his best game in like 2-3 months. 18 points is 3 less than harris and harden combined. Would be really nice if he plays 3/4th that good consistently. 

3. harden is shooting horrifically. Since March first he’s shooting 38.8% and 30.8% from 3. I know guys decline and fall off the cliff but this feels like his hammy might be a bigger issue now and maybe going forward.

4. Typical tobias Harris game in a big game for the sixers. 

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

it seemed like a possibility. Im not sure how concrete those rumors ever were. 

After the last 2 games its become pretty clear we cant hang with the raptors. Playoffs could be very short lived. 

And they were without 2 of their starters both times.  Lol

Saw Reed get minutes. How did he play? 

The more developed Embiid's offensive game gets the less effective he seems to be on defense. I appreciate that he wants to put less wear and tear on his body but effective big men need to at least do something on the defensive end. There's no energy or desire there from what I can see.

Also, why is it that he immediately hits the deck the second someone gets close to him?

That along with the Harden debacle and Doc standing around with that stupid look on his face for 60 minutes adding zero value is going to be the reason this team exits in the 2nd round of the playoffs... if they're lucky to make it out of the 1st round.

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Harden is a 36% 3pt shooter for his career..  he hasn't shot better the 33% in 3 seasons... He is also the only player in NBA history to shoot at least 200 3's a season for his career and not have a single season at 40%

Keep crying that he's hurt he isn't, this is who he is. 

 

I think he’s declined however i don’t think he’s 30% shooter declined from 36.2% last year to 30.8% so far. I’d be willing to bet you next year he shoots better than 31%. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think he’s declined however i don’t think he’s 30% shooter declined from 36.6% last year to 30.8% so far. I’d be willing to bet you next year he shoots better than 31%. 

I'd hope so cause he will be on his new 230 million dollar contract lol. 

17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'd hope so cause he will be on his new 230 million dollar contract lol. 

So do i. However i think dropping 6% in one year is more than just falling off a cliff. He shot 46.6%  and 36.2% with the nets and houston last year. That means with the sixers he’s dropped about 7% and 6% in those two categories (over the last month plus it would be 10% and nearly 7%). i don’t think that’s just all decline. Unless his hammy is completely horrible to the point it’ll never recover then i doubt it’s just decline. 

just to point out he didn’t play for a 3 week period. His first 5 games back he shot 53% and 44 from 3. Since then he’s 36.6% and 30.8%. I tend to think he’s declining but his hammy definitely isn’t right to drop that much. I’m guessing it’s likely cause he actually got 3 weeks off

another issue is our bench sucks most nights so you are asking a 32 year old to play 38 mins on average. That’s ridiculous for the regular season. 

Besides harden shooting like crap, Harris doing his disappearing act in big games and doc being a fraud of a coach, the bench wouldn’t be nearly his awful if the sixers weren’t completely incompetent the last time they had significant cap space and signed Al horford. That 2019 was the last time they were going to have significant cap space due to embiid and Simmons contracts kicking in. So they spent their last big time splash on Horford. What do they have to show for it?  a broken down Danny green and a loss of a pick.  Instead they could’ve had 2-3 good role players and bench players if they were smart. this bench likely is not this inconsistent and bad. 

the fultz trade hurt but we were fortunate to get maxey due to that pick with the trade with Orlando (thank you muscala). Okafor, tlc, kork and Noel picks over other players available also severely hurt. However that signing of horford was bashed by everyone on here and was thought to be completely stupid at the time. 

They are screwed. Morey sucks, Doc sucks, Harris sucks, Harden is trending towards sucking. Biggest problem is the owner sucks.

12 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

They are screwed. Morey sucks, Doc sucks, Harris sucks, Harden is trending towards sucking. Biggest problem is the owner sucks.

I said at the time the trade their best chance at winning a title wasn’t this season. I believe next year is the year and if they don’t we are likely never going to with this core of guys. I didnt think they have the bench good enough or consistent enough, doc is not a good enough coach and I don’t think their roster is constructed to way Morey he thinks they can win a title. I think he wanted to get the harden deal done so this offseason he doesn’t have to do that major leg work. Whether or not this works out who knows. Trending towards no. I felt then and i still do that there’s another shooter drop and I think it’s Tobias Harris this off-season and adding some guys to the bench to make them actually have a consistent bench.

Problem is with harden we won’t know if it’s just he completely fell off the cliff or if it is a issue with his hammy and he returns closer to 2020-21 form until next year. If the sixers fail next year unless morey has a huge trick up his sleeve i don’t see them winning a title after that. 

33 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I said at the time the trade their best chance at winning a title wasn’t this season. I believe next year is the year and if they don’t we are likely never going to with this core of guys. I didnt think they have the bench good enough or consistent enough, doc is not a good enough coach and I don’t think their roster is constructed to way Morey he thinks they can win a title. I think he wanted to get the harden deal done so this offseason he doesn’t have to do that major leg work. Whether or not this works out who knows. Trending towards no. I felt then and i still do that there’s another shooter drop and I think it’s Tobias Harris this off-season and adding some guys to the bench to make them actually have a consistent bench.

Problem is with harden we won’t know if it’s just he completely fell off the cliff or if it is a issue with his hammy and he returns closer to 2020-21 form until next year. If the sixers fail next year unless morey has a huge trick up his sleeve i don’t see them winning a title after that. 

We agree on a lot of points. A few of us kept saying make the Kings trade and get some depth and then go after Harden this off-season. I get Morey thinking it's better to get him now, but he was going to be available for nothing this summer...now the only way they get depth is moving Harris, which is another move he should have made this year.

Maybe they move Harris for some depth and it gives them room to get Beal. I don't see Morey as a roster builder so much as a big splash guy...kind of like Ruben with the Phillies who only had one trick. He made some great trades, but the farm system went to crap. He wasn't able to make the small moves that win championships. That's who Morey is in the NBA and it's going to be a big problem.

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So do i. However i think dropping 6% in one year is more than just falling off a cliff. He shot 46.6%  and 36.2% with the nets and houston last year. That means with the sixers he’s dropped about 7% and 6% in those two categories (over the last month plus it would be 10% and nearly 7%). i don’t think that’s just all decline. Unless his hammy is completely horrible to the point it’ll never recover then i doubt it’s just decline. 

just to point out he didn’t play for a 3 week period. His first 5 games back he shot 53% and 44 from 3. Since then he’s 36.6% and 30.8%. I tend to think he’s declining but his hammy definitely isn’t right to drop that much. I’m guessing it’s likely cause he actually got 3 weeks off

another issue is our bench sucks most nights so you are asking a 32 year old to play 38 mins on average. That’s ridiculous for the regular season. 

I thought the hammy that he supposedly hurt was just an act so he wouldn't get hurt before he got traded to the sixers?? I mean he was running up and down steps after a game? 

The only ones saying he is hurt are the people on this board. I guess what ever makes people feel better about trading for that loser. Being terrible in big games has always been his thing 

I talked about the bench and role players and I was laughed out of here. Now people are losing their minds over how sheety the role players and bench is. 

Sure he plays a lot of minutes but that doesn't stop him from going out drinking after games for a soon to be 33 yrs old. No one seems to mind that even though that's probably another reason why he is declining so rapidly. 

Also have to take into account he can't get all the BS calls he used to get from throwing his body around like a moron to draw fouls. Rules that were created because of him and trae young.

A lot of people said Harden is going to struggle because he won't get those calls anymore. Maybe instead of driving into the lane and just letting the ball fly out of his hands to draw fouls he should just take it and drive it through someone to draw fouls instead of flailing like a puss then standing there arguing instead of getting back on defense. 

I'll take the word of all the current and former NBA players that said Harden will never win sheet because of his attitude, playing style and lifestyle. 

Embiid is gonna have a wasted MVP season because Morey had to have his butt buddy and that's the bottom line

35 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I thought the hammy that he supposedly hurt was just an act so he wouldn't get hurt before he got traded to the sixers?? I mean he was running up and down steps after a game? 

The only ones saying he is hurt are the people on this board. I guess what ever makes people feel better about trading for that loser. Being terrible in big games has always been his thing 

I talked about the bench and role players and I was laughed out of here. Now people are losing their minds over how sheety the role players and bench is. 

Sure he plays a lot of minutes but that doesn't stop him from going out drinking after games for a soon to be 33 yrs old. No one seems to mind that even though that's probably another reason why he is declining so rapidly. 

Also have to take into account he can't get all the BS calls he used to get from throwing his body around like a moron to draw fouls. Rules that were created because of him and trae young.

A lot of people said Harden is going to struggle because he won't get those calls anymore. Maybe instead of driving into the lane and just letting the ball fly out of his hands to draw fouls he should just take it and drive it through someone to draw fouls instead of flailing like a puss then standing there arguing instead of getting back on defense. 

I'll take the word of all the current and former NBA players that said Harden will never win sheet because of his attitude, playing style and lifestyle. 

Embiid is gonna have a wasted MVP season because Morey had to have his butt buddy and that's the bottom line

Most of this is half truths and hearsay.

As Eagles previously noted, Harden’s first 5 games he shot 53% and 44%. Since then, he’s looked unathletic and abysmal.  

What’s more likely? He inexplicably fell off a cliff after a stellar first five games? Or is it that his hamstring, which has bother him the last two seasons, popped up again? Doesn’t help Doc is trotting him out there 40 minutes a night.

If you watch the games, it’s clear he has no lift in his shot and can barely jump even on a layup attempt. None of that was the case in the first 5 games. He’s playing through an injury.

 

/thread lol

I appreciate everyone’s passion but…

71B39D18-57F0-404E-818A-A12EA389F830.jpeg

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.