**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Just do it already and it unleashes Thybulle as well. 

It’s up to lillard. He’s always the one that says he doesn’t want to be traded. He really needs too because he’s 30 turns 31 in July. Maybe he plays at a high level til 36-37 but i tend to think at 31 he has 3 maybe 4 great years left. Don’t want to waste them continuously running into a wall every year. Portland isn’t winning anything as currently constructed 

Congrats to Ben for surpassing his total from last night with 6 in the first quarter. It’s nice then bulls don’t have vucevic and Lavine tonight 

also super nice to see Seth curry getting going again. 

Up 20+ and mid 4th back to a 1 point lead. Just Fing finish the games off. Back to back nights up 17 or more and just let up in the 4th to make it way closer than it needed to be. 

Spoiler

Today was the first day that the Phillies, Sixers and Flyers all won on the same day since April 11, 2012

• Like 3

5 hours ago, therealdawk said:
  Hide contents

Today was the first day that the Phillies, Sixers and Flyers all won on the same day since April 11, 2012

Double april fool's day.

I would love for the standings to stay just as they are today.......I know they won't but man would this work.  

image.png.2e654d59e480df77d8a8bfa7e80618d5.png

12 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s up to lillard. He’s always the one that says he doesn’t want to be traded. He really needs too because he’s 30 turns 31 in July. Maybe he plays at a high level til 36-37 but i tend to think at 31 he has 3 maybe 4 great years left. Don’t want to waste them continuously running into a wall every year. Portland isn’t winning anything as currently constructed 

Core has been together for 6 or so years and really won nothing. At some point it is time for a change 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Core has been together for 6 or so years and really won nothing. At some point it is time for a change 

I don’t disagree. I thought that should’ve happened after last year. Unfortunately it feels like lillard is ready to go down with that ship even though it’s obvious he’s not winning anything in Portland as currently constructed.  

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t disagree. I thought that should’ve happened after last year. Unfortunately it feels like lillard is ready to go down with that ship even though it’s obvious he’s not winning anything in Portland as currently constructed.  

That what the article talks about, that is actually wouldn't mind being traded to a real contender. 

Ben for Lillard 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

That what the article talks about, that is actually wouldn't mind being traded to a real contender. 

Ben for Lillard 

Tbh I’d would try to get Covington back in that trade as well by expanding the trade. i know a lot of people disliked Covington but if you are trading away Ben for lillard (fine with that) then I’d like to get another plus defender back if possible cause it leaves you long term with just thybulle as that plus wing defender. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh I’d would try to get Covington back in that trade as well by expanding the trade. i know a lot of people disliked Covington but if you are trading away Ben for lillard (fine with that) then I’d like to get another plus defender back if possible cause it leaves you long term with just thybulle as that plus wing defender. 

Covington is a great off ball defender but he really isn't good on ball anymore. His advanced stats are very average and he doesn't do a lot offensively so him and Thybulle can't play together. You ask Thybulle to do one thing and that is shoot corner 3s.

I would take Little or Melo as bench scoring before taking on 13 million in Covington contract. 

Think Morey should also force Doc's hand by not bringing guys in like Covington because we know he will play him over Thybulle or both together and that doesn't work. 

Kind of like Howard and Ben together. Any idiot can see offensively that doesn't work but Doc refuses to adjust or adapt 

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Covington is a great off ball defender but he really isn't good on ball anymore. His advanced stats are very average and he doesn't do a lot offensively so him and Thybulle can't play together. You ask Thybulle to do one thing and that is shoot corner 3s.

I would take Little or Melo as bench scoring before taking on 13 million in Covington contract. 

Think Morey should also force Doc's hand by not bringing guys in like Covington because we know he will play him over Thybulle or both together and that doesn't work. 

Kind of like Howard and Ben together. Any idiot can see offensively that doesn't work but Doc refuses to adjust or adapt 

You are going to need another wing defender if you trade Simmons. You can’t have just thybulle as that guy if you trade Simmons. Lillard is not a good defender. I think thybulle would be a problem with almost any other wing defender unless they were very offensively skilled but it’s rare to find those guys nor are teams just giving them away.

Sadly if the sixers would’ve taken Tatum and not fultz you’d be set after a lillard for Ben trade. Unfortunately they didn’t. Heck you probably don’t even need to make the lillard trade because i think you have enough scoring and defense would be insane. If the sixers ultimately don’t win a title i really think it comes down to two bad decisions. 1. Drafting fultz and not taking Tatum (i was a huge Tatum fan since hs). 2. Signing horford to that contract when they could’ve used that money more wisely

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You are going to need another wing defender if you trade Simmons. You can’t have just thybulle as that guy if you trade Simmons. Lillard is not a good defender. I think thybulle would be a problem with almost any other wing defender unless they were very offensively skilled but it’s rare to find those guys nor are teams just giving them away.

Sadly if the sixers would’ve taken Tatum and not fultz you’d be set after a lillard for Ben trade. Unfortunately they didn’t. Heck you probably don’t even need to make the lillard trade because i think you have enough scoring and defense would be insane. If the sixers ultimately don’t win a title i really think it comes down to two bad decisions. 1. Drafting fultz and not taking Tatum (i was a huge Tatum fan since hs). 2. Signing horford to that contract when they could’ve used that money more wisely

Thybulle and Embiid are Top 10 defenders in the league and Harris is average. This team can give up defense for offense. 

It would be more about finding an off ball guard that can play beside Lillard. Can Maxey or Shake be that guy? If Maxey can shoot a decent clip from 3 he can be that other guard. 

Just not trading Zhaire for Bridges and this team is title favorites in my opinion.

Or getting Porter or Tatum or keeping Butler. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Thybulle and Embiid are Top 10 defenders in the league and Harris is average. This team can give up defense for offense. 

It would be more about finding an off ball guard that can play beside Lillard. Can Maxey or Shake be that guy? If Maxey can shoot a decent clip from 3 he can be that other guard. 

Just not trading Zhaire for Bridges and this team is title favorites in my opinion.

Or getting Porter or Tatum or keeping Butler. 

The issue with saying no zhaire trade you don’t have that first to send to the clippers to get Harris. Maybe they figure out another way to do a trade anyway (I’m guessing likely would’ve asked fir bridges in that trade or multiple picks) but the Miami unprotected pick people thought could be something special before Miami did what it did.

If they took Michael porter jr i would think they were there. still don’t understand not taking him if you were star hunting. He had the biggest star potential even with his injury it was worth it at ten. Realistically i wish they could get another big time scorer and keep Simmons but i think that’s impossible with the asset that are left at our disposal. 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The issue with saying no zhaire trade you don’t have that first to send to the clippers to get Harris. Maybe they figure out another way to do a trade anyway (I’m guessing likely would’ve asked fir bridges in that trade or multiple picks) but the Miami unprotected pick people thought could be something special before Miami did what it did.

If they took Michael porter jr i would think they were there. still don’t understand not taking him if you were star hunting. He had the biggest star potential even with his injury it was worth it at ten. Realistically i wish they could get another big time scorer and keep Simmons but i think that’s impossible with the asset that are left at our disposal. 

Porter was the best kid in his class since he was in 8th grade. A minor back injury dropped him, just beyond stupid. 

• Like 1

It's final.  Nets lose by 6 to the Bucks.  118-124

KD with 32 and Kyrie with 38

On Sunday KD and Kyrie combined for 62 in their loss to the Bucks.   If Harden isn't 100% I'm not convinced that the Nets even make it to the ECF.  With this loss tonight the Bucks now own the tiebreaker over the Nets. 

Suddenly the game tomorrow night looms large. With a win and the tie breaker over the Nets, the 76ers would essentially have a three game lead for first place with not too many games to go...

My math was right on a couple weeks ago when I wanted them to split the 2 Milwaukee, Golden State and Pheonix games.  I said then, split them and the #1 see was a lock based upon the Nets schedule.  Well....they are still in good shape but will need to take care of business against teams they should be favored against the rest of the way until they lock it up!

10 hours ago, therealdawk said:

It's final.  Nets lose by 6 to the Bucks.  118-124

KD with 32 and Kyrie with 38

On Sunday KD and Kyrie combined for 62 in their loss to the Bucks.   If Harden isn't 100% I'm not convinced that the Nets even make it to the ECF.  With this loss tonight the Bucks now own the tiebreaker over the Nets. 

Jrue is a legit legit on ball defender and was fun to watch him and Kyrie go at it last night. 

On 5/3/2021 at 5:13 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nothing i like more than Lebron complaining even though last year he essentially called for it and was totally fine with it cause it wasn’t him but will use the old "pandemic” reasoning. This legitimately is only an issue cause he doesn’t want to have to play extra games. If the lakers were sitting comfortably atop of the West he’d be applauding it cause those teams are playing extra games and making money for the league

F354F4AF-1361-4DF9-A77D-5B2DAB0EB6A7.jpeg

He is such an unlikable D-bag.  I despise him.  I hope is decent is sudden and painful (gleeful) to watch.  

• Like 2

Sixers go 5-2 down the stretch they clinched homecourt. If the mavs and nuggets beat the nets it becomes just 3-4 

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He is such an unlikable D-bag.  I despise him.  I hope is decent is sudden and painful (gleeful) to watch.  

Everyone hated kobe bryant too. People learned to appreciate him towards the end of his career though and especially after it, mostly because he grew up and carried himself the right way and respected the game and it's past.

Lebron is at the end of his career and he just becomes more and more unlikable. I don't think anyone will ever learn to appreciate his game and what he has done. It's unfortunate because he is a great basketball player one of the best and he has never done anything wrong off the court but, damn does he just find the right things to say and do that just piss people off that no one will ever look at him in the same light as Jordan and all the others. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Everyone hated kobe bryant too. People learned to appreciate him towards the end of his career though and especially after it, mostly because he grew up and carried himself the right way and respected the game and it's past.

Lebron is at the end of his career and he just becomes more and more unlikable. I don't think anyone will ever learn to appreciate his game and what he has done. It's unfortunate because he is a great basketball player one of the best and he has never done anything wrong off the court but, damn does he just find the right things to say and do that just piss people off that no one will ever look at him in the same light as Jordan and all the others. 

Pretty well said. Kobe's issues were mostly around the court for a variety of reasons. James is just a ****.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I never hate Kobe as much as I hated Lebron.  I grew to appreciate Kobe as time went on.  

• Like 1