**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

I read an article today about 6ers trying to trade for Chirs Paul, but he didnt want to come here. 

Apparently some distrust of Morey which stems from the time Daryl told Paul neither he nor Westbrook were getting traded. It would seem Fertitta forced Daryl's hand on that one, but left a bad taste in Paul's mouth for Morey somehow. 

So, the 6ers tried to trade for Paul, Harden, Lowry, supposedly had some other deals in the works but took the Lowry thing down to the wire and missed out on all of them... then got George Hill.

The takeaway is, while we have PG Ben Simmons signed to his absolute max deal, this team hasnt stopped trying to find itself a ball handler right from the very start of the season.

It speaks volumes about Bens lack of offensive skill, especially ball handling, and protecting the basketball. And the want of the team to put the ball in someone else's hands. It seems theyve been attempting to bring in a primary ball handler this entire season.

I HOPE this offseason is FINALLY the time they trade Ben. Now he has missed numerous games with the flu. Apparently the only person in the entire country who caught the flu this year. While a lot of players play with the flu. Or miss like 1 game. Hes missed a few and still doesnt have a timetable to return. Its no wonder Joel made the comment about being out there to fight for the 1st seed as a leader of the team. Ben sucks. AND is soft. 

• Thanks 1

What a mess.  One thing I'm still not clear on; did Ben make the trip or not?  The other day on Mikey Miss when Rich Hoffman was on I could've swore that they said that Ben traveled to Milwaukee.  If he got sick last weekend I would think that Monday and Tuesday would be the really rough days.  IV + rest on Wed, Thurs and Friday and you would think that a World Class athlete would've been back on track by Saturday.  This must be really serious. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Simmons is already ruled out for tomorrow night. 

That’s not good. Atlanta can shoot the basketball. Without Simmons in the lineup against teams over .500 they are 0-6, losing by 16 points and teams are shooting threes at 42.5% clip. 

Looking at the race for the no. 1 seed the sixers have the best schedule. Like they are likely the favorite in 11 of their next 12 games. I think 10-2 as long as they get back Ben and stay healthy isn’t out of the question. 

sixers: vs. OKC, vs. atl, vs. atl, at San Antonio, at Chicago, at Houston, vs. New Orleans, vs. pistons, at Indy, at miami, vs. Orlando and vs Orlando. 

nets: at Toronto, at Indy, vs Portland (second game of back to back), at bucks, at bucks, at dallas, at Denver, at Chicago, vs. San Antonio, vs. Chicago and vs. Cleveland. 

bucks: at Charlotte, at Houston, at Chicago (second of back to back), vs. nets, vs. nets, vs Washington, vs. Houston, at San Antonio, vs. Orlando, at Indy, vs. Miami and at Chicago 

Honestly it’s not a hard schedule for any of the teams. I tend to think the nets and bucks split. However i could see the nets resting guys here and there losing a couple of games. 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And KD is back playing 

Yeah he looked phenomenal today. He had 33 points in 28 mins against the suns in a 9 point win. Frankly i think the nets were ok being the 2 seeds going into the playoffs. But the sixers 4 game skid and who the hell knows when Ben is back has given them a legitimate chance to go after 1. 

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

About time. 

Some fans think this was actually family drama.  Not flu.

There was a photo going around where he was leaving target saying he wasn’t sick. I wouldn’t be surprised if his sister and that issue going on is why it took some time off. I also think he probably could’ve used some rest based off O’Connor’s reporting his knee had been bothering him some since after the all star break. 

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There was a photo going around where he was leaving target saying he wasn’t sick. I wouldn’t be surprised if his sister and that issue going on is why it took some time off. I also think he probably could’ve used some rest based off O’Connor’s reporting his knee had been bothering him some since after the all star break. 

I saw that.  I don't think that was him. But hard to say either way. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I saw that.  I don't think that was him. But hard to say either way. 

Yeah it wasn’t clear in the picture if it was or wasn’t him. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was actually more about his sister and his family situation 

Everyone back tonight. Except now Danny Green is out. 

Overall, great news. 

This season won't come down to Joel being healthy, but does Ben care enough for 2 or so  months to put a max effort in on the court. 

It's sad, but is the truth. 

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

lgbt night...no way ben misses this one.

:ph34r:

You guys are killing me with this.  I have no idea how it started but what's with this Ben-gay stuff?  We all saw him date the Jenner girl, right? :unsure:

I think the premise is,  anyone that is not Ricky Rubio is gay pretty much. 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

You guys are killing me with this.  I have no idea how it started but what's with this Ben-gay stuff?  We all saw him date the Jenner girl, right? :unsure:

48 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think the premise is,  anyone that is not Ricky Rubio is gay pretty much. 

Well he definitely played with pride tonight so....

1 hour ago, therealdawk said:

Dating a Jenner means absolutely nothing. If anything that confirms that he turned gay. We all saw what happened to Bruce, right? Lol

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, therealdawk said:

I mean, it says it right there on the package

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 1

Sources say the Sixers still plan on pursuing him by way of a possible sign-and-trade. While they added George Hill at the deadline in lieu of Lowry, only $1.2 million of his $10 million salary for next season is guaranteed, and the deal expires at that point. The Lowry interest remains very strong there. — SA

there was also a report i saw on IG that if the clippers fail to go deep that kawhi would consider leaving and 76ers were involved as a top place he’d go. Don’t know how believable that is. 

• Like 1

saw something on facebook from a non-major media outlet but saying Kawhi is open to change of scenery after the season and Philly on his list. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

saw something on facebook from a non-major media outlet but saying Kawhi is open to change of scenery after the season and Philly on his list. 

Won’t happen imo but I’d be super thrilled if he was a sixer. Would have to be a sign and trade but I’d take a embiid, kawhi and Harris big three. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Don't believe it one iota.