**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

48 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Don't believe it one iota. 

Not the first time I saw it though.  

Doesn't mean we will get him.  Pretty sure we won't.  But I can definitely see him leaving. 

He lives in his hometown of San Diego, he is close with his family, weather, Clippers are playing great basketball, new arena in 2024,  Balmer is the richest owner in basketball with a mentality of winning > money. 

Just like LeBron was coming here a few years ago, zero chance. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He lives in his hometown of San Diego, he is close with his family, weather, Clippers are playing great basketball, new arena in 2024,  Balmer is the richest owner in basketball with a mentality of winning > money. 

Tbh i wouldn’t be shocked if the clippers flame out early (assuming if he’s truly serious about leaving cause they weren’t getting as far as they liked) that he’d consider going to the warriors. They have pieces in a sign and trade to create the space to do so. Plus it’s really just a quick plane ride away from SD. 

With trey young being out the next two games and the sixers schedule they legit have a chance to go on a big time win streak. Only one back to back in San Antonio then Chicago. They should be favorites in every game the rest of the way. 

Vs. hawks

vs. hawks

at San antonio

at Chicago 

at Houston (frankly dont get why we go SA to Chicago back to Houston shouldve just been SA to Houston to Chicago)

vs. pelicans 

vs. pistons

at indy

at miami

vs. Orlando 

Vs Orlando 

they should be the favorites in like every game as long as everyone stays healthy and plays. 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Not really saying theres a chance he comes here. But I could see him leaving there. 

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He wants more money so of course he'll leverage the Sixers as a possibility

• Like 1

Second game in a row that no starter played more than 25 minutes.  Only 15 minutes for Ben.  Blowouts = old fashioned load management. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

Second game in a row that no starter played more than 25 minutes.  Only 15 minutes for Ben.  Blowouts = old fashioned load management. 

Their next 11 games with some of the opponents they are facing they should have some blowouts. Hawks have been playing over their head with trey young out. I think it caught up to them tonight. But the only playoff caliber teams left on the schedule are hawks, Miami and SA and Indy who are in the playoff play in tourney. 

This was my point a week ago before they started that stretch of Milwaukee, Pheonix and Golden State regarding the schedule.  I just wanted them to go 2-2 through those brutal 4 games.  Well unfortunately they didn't but I said, based upon the remaining schedule vs. what the Nets have, we should still get the #1 seed.  But I also said I was actually more worried about Milwaukee than the Nets based upon schedules.  

Get the #1 seed, avoid having to play the Nets or Milwaukee in the 2nd round and let them beat each other up.  If that happens, anything short of the Eastern Finals would be a cataclysmic failure. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

He wants more money so of course he'll leverage the Sixers as a possibility

Just saying he’s going to get a max contract from whatever team he wants to be on and sign with. So he’s going to get more money regardless and a max contract regardless of the sixers. The clippers could give him a 5 year max contract whereas no one else can. I don’t think the clippers are going to be like sorry kawhi we don’t want to give you a max contract. They just gave PG a max and he’s not as good of a player as Kawhi 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just saying he’s going to get a max contract from whatever team he wants to be on and sign with. So he’s going to get more money regardless and a max contract regardless of the sixers. The clippers could give him a 5 year max contract whereas no one else can. I don’t think the clippers are going to be like sorry kawhi we don’t want to give you a max contract. They just gave PG a max and he’s not as good of a player as Kawhi 

Good points I didn't think about.

• Like 1

Those two George Hill dunks were sweet. I didn't know he had that in him.

2 hours ago, therealdawk said:

Brooklyn won at Indiana

Milwaukee lost at Houston

The next five games for the nets will likely determine the one seed. Second night of a back to back tomorrow with Portland. Then 4 games on the road at bucks twice, dallas and nuggets. I’d feel pretty good about the sixers chances at the one seed if the nets manage to go 2-3 in that span. 3-2 i think it’s going to be close. If the nets go 4-1 or 5-0 would really hurt the sixers chances. With the last 4 games being Chicago twice, SA and Cleveland are likely wins. So really gotta hope the nets lose 2 or 3 over the next 5 

• Like 1

Sixers win!

Nets Lose!

Not for nothing but if you missed it, with about 90 seconds left in the game B-Ball Paul had a block that he recovered himself and took it the full length of the court for a slam. I don't know which was better, the play or Joel's reaction from the bench. 

• Like 1

Another game where they could get the starters plenty of rest and cruise to a win. Only player over 25 minutes was Ben at 27. 25 for Embiid. 

Load management without actually sitting players for entire games. I like it. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 3:23 AM, therealdawk said:

Sixers win!

Nets Lose!

Not for nothing but if you missed it, with about 90 seconds left in the game B-Ball Paul had a block that he recovered himself and took it the full length of the court for a slam. I don't know which was better, the play or Joel's reaction from the bench. 

Yeah that was great!

Nets lost but KD nearly sent that to overtime as the bucks tried to give it away downy the stretch. 

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nets lost but KD nearly sent that to overtime as the bucks tried to give it away downy the stretch. 

Shaping up to be a pretty good day. 

The Spurs are sitting the majority of their roster (Derozan, White, Murray, Poetl). 

• Like 2

Just now, Blazehound said:

Shaping up to be a pretty good day. 

The Spurs are sitting the majority of their roster (Derozan, White, Murray, Poetl). 

Really need the bucks, mavs and nuggets over the next 3 vs. the nets to go at least 2-1. Would give you basically 2 games in the loss column. I imagine if the nets lose to the bucks again on Tuesday they’d be 2 back but really three cause of the tiebreaker. Might just rest guys at Dallas or nuggets 

Sixers might be able to rest guys if they take care of business early