**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

13 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Sure it does. Harris and at least one other has to play their best or they are toast. Just like Foles did. 1 seed can go on your fridge but means nothing with their issues. 

seth really seems to have been close to his early season form lately. thats a big help.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

seth really seems to have been close to his early season form lately. thats a big help.

Fingers crossed. 

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

would y'all rather play Washington or Indy?

Washington. Not worried about either really though. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Washington. Not worried about either really though. 

i think so too - feels like Indy always gives us a harder time than they should.

12 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Sure it does. Harris and at least one other has to play their best or they are toast. Just like Foles did. 1 seed can go on your fridge but means nothing with their issues. 

We will see. I just think you’re being far too negative about a team that had a great season.

Defense matters in the playoffs, and this team was #2 in the nba in defensive efficiency. No team ranked worse than 9th has won it in the last 15+ years. It’s why I think people need to pump the brakes on the nets, they can’t defend worth a crap. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

We will see. I just think you’re being far too negative about a team that had a great season.

Defense matters in the playoffs, and this team was #2 in the nba in defensive efficiency. No team ranked worse than 9th has won it in the last 15+ years. It’s why I think people need to pump the brakes on the nets, they can’t defend worth a crap. 

So you play Thybulle and Simmons together to stop Harden and Irving then Harris on Durant? 

5 hours ago, nipples said:

Yeah, but the other team gets to play defense too. I'm not trying to be negative, but outside of their record I haven't seen anything to show an answer to what got them bounced the last few. Again, the playoffs are a different game and nobody has to be on Ben outside 15 feet. That makes things really hard.

You have Embiid and Harris on the offensive side. As E A G L E S noted Seth is doing better. If he can't stay hot they only have to cover two people and they don't have other consistent shooters to drill it from the outside. I'd be very happy to be wrong.

they still don't have shot creators...but they did add 2 guys who are shooting better than 40% on threes in curry & green. that should help space the floor. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

they still don't have shot creators...but they did add 2 guys who are shooting better than 40% on threes in curry & green. that should help space the floor. 

So got Green on Harden or Irving? 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

So got Green on Harden or Irving? 

on d?  i think they'll mix it up.  i feel like green is better guarding  the wing while ben can do a better job on the ball. but they definitely have to mix it up & give different looks throughout the game.  the good thing is that they have a number of plus defenders to throw at the nets...assuming both teams make it that far.  

Here’s my unpopular opinion: the Sixers will make the ECF, the Nets will not. 

54 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, but the other team gets to play defense too. I'm not trying to be negative, but outside of their record I haven't seen anything to show an answer to what got them bounced the last few. Again, the playoffs are a different game and nobody has to be on Ben outside 15 feet. That makes things really hard.

You have Embiid and Harris on the offensive side. As E A G L E S noted Seth is doing better. If he can't stay hot they only have to cover two people and they don't have other consistent shooters to drill it from the outside. I'd be very happy to be wrong.

Yep the other team does get to play defense too. Problem for the Nets is they suck at it. 

i think the nets have only played 8 games with their big 3...so them getting bounced before the ecf wouldn't shock me. 

I think the Nets only playing so many games together isn't as big of a deal as it would be for most other teams.  They have 3 elite three level scorers who can play iso ball too.  They are going to have no trouble scoring.  Their defense, that is a whole other story.  

2 hours ago, Khani1 said:

I think the Nets only playing so many games together isn't as big of a deal as it would be for most other teams.  They have 3 elite three level scorers who can play iso ball too.  They are going to have no trouble scoring.  Their defense, that is a whole other story.  

Like I mentioned a few posts up, no team ranked worse than 10th in defensive efficiency has won the championship in at least the last 15 years. Brooklyn was I believe 22nd this season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Like I mentioned a few posts up, no team ranked worse than 10th in defensive efficiency has won the championship in at least the last 15 years. Brooklyn was I believe 22nd this season. 

I think they also played  29 different starting lineups as of April 14th (last data could find)

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I think they also played  29 different starting lineups as of April 14th (last data could find)

It’s hard to tell anything in terms of true metrics with the nets as they played as a whole unit like 8 times all year. They likely still stink on defense but their offensive efficiency also likely is better that what it currently is. 

also the scheduling created havoc as they played like 72 games in 144 days. Guys on every team were in and out of the lineups nightly. 

We beat the Wizards 4-1.  I don't think its likely but I would not be surprised if we lose the first one because of the time off.

9 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

We beat the Wizards 4-1.  I don't think its likely but I would not be surprised if we lose the first one because of the time off.

It almost feels like it matters less what we do, and more- how many times Beal can go for 45+. Seeing what hes done to us Id have rathered the Pacers. But, we will win the series either way. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

It almost feels like it matters less what we do, and more- how many times Beal can go for 45+. Seeing what hes done to us Id have rathered the Pacers. But, we will win the series either way. 

If you watched these last two games, you can tell his hamstring is really bothering him.  He can only turn it on from time to time and he hasn't appeared to be at 100% ever.  It might only get worse for him and the chance of him reaggravating it is possible.  I am not wishing that on him, just saying it is possible.  Either way, 4-1 us.

Daryl Morey Suggests Sam Hinkie Should Ring Bell Before 76ers Playoff Game

• Like 5

the wizards' starting bigs are alex len & rui hoochiemama...i'm not worried. 

and they start raul neto :roll: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the wizards' starting bigs are alex len & rui hoochiemama...i'm not worried. 

and they start raul neto :roll: 

Rui actually played really well against us as a rookie. Not so much this year. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And none of them could defend so... doesn’t really matter. They went all in on scorers and ignored the other end of the floor.