**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 minute ago, The_Omega said:

I’ll give Ben some credit, he played hard on the defensive end, but I think that his liability on offense outweighs it. Every playoff series, his trade value goes down.

He would be fine in this game if he shot better from the FT. He went 0-6. Even if he shoots 4-6 he’s got a triple double and extends some of the leads.

The bigger issue in this game is embiid only played 29 mins and had 30 points. He’s likely going to play 36-39 mins a night in the playoffs unless we are blowing them out or game is out of reach. he likely goes for 40-45 if he gets the extra 7-8 mins. We were a +20 with him on the court. I kind of think game two they have a chance at a blow out if embiid doesn’t get into foul trouble. I’m guessing harris doesn’t go for 37 but you get better games points wise from embiid (even with 30 tonight)green, and Simmons. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He would be fine in this game if he shot better from the FT. He went 0-6. Even if he shoots 4-6 he’s got a triple double and extends some of the leads.

The bigger issue in this game is embiid only played 29 mins and had 30 points. He’s likely going to play 36-39 mins a night in the playoffs unless we are blowing them out or game is out of reach. he likely goes for 40-45 if he gets the extra 7-8 mins. We were a +20 with him on the court. I kind of think game two they have a chance at a blow out if embiid doesn’t get into foul trouble. I’m guessing harris doesn’t go for 37 but you get better games points wise from embiid (even with 30 tonight)green, and Simmons. 

These conversations shouldn't happen against the Wizards though. They have Beal and Russ and nothing else. 

It just won't work vs better teams. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

These conversations shouldn't happen against the Wizards though. They have Beal and Russ and nothing else. 

It just won't work vs better teams. 

I’ve been of the belief the sixers are one more scorer/shooter away with this team cause Simmons just isn’t the scorer/shooter. I love everything else he brings but they need another scorer imo. I actually think green would be a huge bench piece and if you somehow acquired a shooter/scorer like Lavine the sixers would be my favorite to win the title. 

The sixers were focused on shutting down beal and westbrook. They had only 49 points and 12 turnovers (shot 50% from the field and 1-8 from three). Which is pretty good. However Alex Len had 12 points in 16 minutes. Averages 7 points on the year. Bertans had 14 which is 3 points higher than his average. Gafford had 12 points in 20 mins (6-6). Those three combined for 28 points on 15-22 (69%). I get you are going to be hyper focused on slowing those two down but we still have to defend better against role players (rest of the wizards were 29-48 for 61 percent). Some of thats hats off to their guys making shots. Some of it was we can be better. I also think some was rust after not playing for an entire week 

Wizards shot 56% from the field and still lost by 8. Embiid barely played the first half. Considering that’s the Wizards likely best effort, this series should be a relative breeze.

Refs were flat out brutal as well today.

It has been painfully obvious now for several years.  You can't win the NBA with Ben Simmons handling the ball in the playoffs and he shouldn't be anywhere near it inside of the last 5 minutes.  He's a top 10 contender for all time worst free throw shooter.

Will he ever change?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, DrPhilly said:

It has been painfully obvious now for several years.  You can't win the NBA with Ben Simmons handling the ball in the playoffs and he shouldn't be anywhere near it inside of the last 5 minutes.  He's a top 10 contender for all time worst free throw shooter.

Will he ever change?

0-6 seems like an anomaly. He’s not THAT bad at FTs. 

Either way,  Brooks seems keen on fouling Ben and putting him on the line. Let’s see how Ben responds. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blazehound said:

Either way,  Brooks seems keen on fouling Ben and putting him on the line. Let’s see how Ben responds. 

People get on Ben for not shooting which i definitely can understand. To me I’m more frustrated at the FT percentage not improving and it looked like at one point in the season it was and we saw the best of Ben Simmons. If he could just manage to be a 70-73 percent shooter it changes a lot for him and Sixers. Cause teams won’t want to foul him cause he’s going to make enough and he likely would be more aggressive cause he’s confident at the line. He finished the year 61.3 which is actually down from last year where he was 62.1. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

His career pct is under 60% and that’s in the mix of the worst. Not Shaq level but only slightly better. 

For a PG and guy with the ball in his hands it must be the worst of all time. 

6 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

For a PG and guy with the ball in his hands it must be the worst of all time. 

He’s right there with Rondo. Both around 60% for their careers.

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

Will he ever change?

Dont think you can win a title with him as a PG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

People get on Ben for not shooting which i definitely can understand. To me I’m more frustrated at the FT percentage not improving and it looked like at one point in the season it was and we saw the best of Ben Simmons. If he could just manage to be a 70-73 percent shooter it changes a lot for him and Sixers. Cause teams won’t want to foul him cause he’s going to make enough and he likely would be more aggressive cause he’s confident at the line. He finished the year 61.3 which is actually down from last year where he was 62.1. 

Definitely a detriment to his game. With his ability to seemingly get to the basket at will, he should be averaging over 10 ft’s per game. Unfortunately, like us, the other team knows that he’s going to pass, so there’s no need to play him tight enough to foul him,

• Like 1

I think Ben would be more benificial coming off the bench. Bring his defensive energy and ability to run the floor and distribute with the second unit I think would be better for him. 

• Like 1

I'm glad the Lakers lost. Especially after LeBron didn't have to miss time after attending that event breaking protocol.  F him and the Lakers. 

• Like 7

Wizards fan here - I'm happy if we win one game in this series lol.

• Like 2

Harris and Embiid are the first pair of 6ers to score 30+ in 31 years.  Barkley and Dawkins were the last to do it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhillyEagles852 said:

Wizards fan here - I'm happy if we win one game in this series lol.

I thought the wizards had a chance to make it a six game series if they could steal one on the road. And the game i thought they’d have to do it is game 1. The sixers off basically 8 days cause they rested everyone last Sunday and would be more rusty then usual. Wizards would have less rust. I really think game 2 the sixers are going to play a lot better and likely embiid playing more than 29 mins 

22 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Harris and Embiid are the first pair of 6ers to score 30+ in 31 years.  Barkley and Dawkins were the last to do it.

Simmons is such a freaking anchor. With all his talent I just can't believe he couldn't be at least a solid scorer if he just had stones and some drive to make it happen.

32 minutes ago, PhillyEagles852 said:

Wizards fan here

image.gif.1849f659592fe303833a87db70e7d11c.gif

11 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Simmons is such a freaking anchor. With all his talent I just can't believe he couldn't be at least a solid scorer if he just had stones and some drive to make it happen.

yeah...

Wizards were better in a lot of important stats for this game. Im certain that this was the wizards best shot and still lost so that is good for the sixers. Hopefully that trend doesn't continue though 

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wizards were better in a lot of important stats for this game. Im certain that this was the wizards best shot and still lost so that is good for the sixers. Hopefully that trend doesn't continue though 

I'm not one to complain about the refs but Sixers were playing 2 teams today.

4 minutes ago, rambo said:

I'm not one to complain about the refs but Sixers were playing 2 teams today.

I never complain about the refs so I don't care about that. Refs didn't prevent the sixers for getting beat in somebody the categories they got beat in

Sixers had Alec Burks and got nothing out of him. Now 20points in game one for Knicks