**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Ben is still a puss in the playoffs.  

Also, a little nit picking with the TNT broadcast.  Put the analyst in the GD arena please!   With them being remote their audio is a different feed then the crowd arena audio and you just lose the atmosphere.  It’s great the fans are allowed back in but a lot of times they are drowned out by Marv Albert constantly talking.  

I hate the uniforms still.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ben is still a puss in the playoffs.  

Also, a little nit picking with the TNT broadcast.  Put the analyst in the GD arena please!   With them being remote their audio is a different feed then the crowd arena audio and you just lose the atmosphere.  It’s great the fans are allowed back in but a lot of times they are drowned out by Marv Albert constantly talking.  

I hate the uniforms still.  

Still prefer TNT over espn anyway. Chris Paul got hurt and mark Jackson said " it's to early for him to get hurt but don't get discouraged they still have a chance to win this series" it's game one idiot 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Still prefer TNT over espn anyway. Chris Paul got hurt and mark Jackson said " it's to early for him to get hurt but don't get discouraged they still have a chance to win this series" it's game one idiot 

Oh yeah.  TNT is a lot better than ESPN.  But spare me the broadcasting remote BS.  Time to get back in the building.  Most of this Covid precaution BS is just for show.  Shaq got up and walked around the glass to kiss Ernie on the head for F sakes.  They need to have the PBP from the arena.  I agree.  ESPN is horrendous.   I can’t stand listening to Doris Burke either.   

Don’t play again until Wednesday and it’s on nba tv 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Sixers had Alec Burks and got nothing out of him. Now 20points in game one for Knicks 

Brett Brown

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh yeah.  TNT is a lot better than ESPN.  But spare me the broadcasting remote BS.  Time to get back in the building.  Most of this Covid precaution BS is just for show.  Shaq got up and walked around the glass to kiss Ernie on the head for F sakes.  They need to have the PBP from the arena.  I agree.  ESPN is horrendous.   I can’t stand listening to Doris Burke either.   

I’m sure you crying about it will change things.

It pains me every time i see bogdonavic knowing we could have signed him (cheaper than horford and a better fit)

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I never complain about the refs so I don't care about that. Refs didn't prevent the sixers for getting beat in somebody the categories they got beat in

Ummm...I'd argue that the refs were absolutely pathetic and slanted towards the Wizards.  Additionally, all 3 of Embid's fouls in the first half were not fouls.  So do you mean, taking a difference making MVP level player out of the game wouldn't change the statistics of the categories they got beat in?

6 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

I’m sure you crying about it will change things.

Great contribution to the discussion you dope. You’re probably double masked in your car by yourself, aren’t you?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Great contribution to the discussion you dope. You’re probably double masked in your car by yourself, aren’t you?

No, I’m vaccinated, so I don’t double mask anymore.  Now I triple mask.

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think Ben would be more benificial coming off the bench. Bring his defensive energy and ability to run the floor and distribute with the second unit I think would be better for him. 

LOL.  Guy had 15 boards and 15 assists.  Give me a break.

https://www.inquirer.com/sports/ben-simmons-wilt-chamberlain-assists-rebounds-20210523.html

2 hours ago, barho said:

LOL.  Guy had 15 boards and 15 assists.  Give me a break.

https://www.inquirer.com/sports/ben-simmons-wilt-chamberlain-assists-rebounds-20210523.html

Westbrook averaged a triple double and he really doesn't make his team better. 

You can't make 30 million, be a face of  the franchise with Embiid, and score 6 points. 

• Haha 1

ben isn't a scorer...i actually thought he played a really good all-around game. we need him to help slow down beal & westbrook in this series. the free throw shooting was pathetic though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

ben isn't a scorer...i actually thought he played a really good all-around game. we need him to help slow down beal & westbrook in this series. the free throw shooting was pathetic though. 

That was the only issue i had with him yesterday. Otherwise i thought he played great. However you just can’t go 0-6 from the line. Like that’s just inexcusable for any player. Ive felt for a while the fact he hasn’t improved his FT is more of an issue than not wanting to shoot threes or jumpers. He actually regressed this year even though there was about a 3 week stretch where he was shooting them in the mid 70s. So he can do it. It’s a matter of consistently doing it. 

Ben playing good D, but scoring only 6 points, is fine when Tobias is scoring 37. Where it’s going to kill us is when Harris struggles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Omega said:

Ben playing good D, but scoring only 6 points, is fine when Tobias is scoring 37. Where it’s going to kill us is when Harris struggles.

Game 1 is likely more in the range of 12-16 points if embiid plays more than 29 mins. Also think then he sixers transition defense in the first half wasn’t good. Much better in the second half. 

ben was +18 yesterday....only embiid at +20 was better in +/-.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

ben was +18 yesterday....only embiid at +20 was better in +/-.

I don’t know if this was verified though. I know he did give beal a tough time. 

• Like 1

I just watched the game highlights from YouTube and watched Beal make multiple buckets on Simmons and then score off a pick and roll where they switched. 

So this Tweet is wrong. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I just watched the game highlights from YouTube and watched Beal make multiple buckets on Simmons and then score off a pick and roll where they switched. 

So this Tweet is wrong. 

Yeah i thought it wasn’t factually correct cause i felt like Simmons was on beal at more than just 6 shots 

Both games were really physical last night so expect the Wiz to come up and mess up the rhythm of Embiid and maybe Ben tonight 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Both games were really physical last night so expect the Wiz to come up and mess up the rhythm of Embiid and maybe Ben tonight 

They don't really have the size to disrupt those two.  They're not a physical team nor a great defensive team.  They want to run.  Sixers just aren't a good matchup for the Wizards.  Nobody to defend Embiid, Harris is quick enough to beat Hachimura and Bertans, and Ben can easily see over Westbrook and Beal.  As long as Green and Curry hit for average at 3 they're in good shape.  They started ice cold from 3 last game (8 days off) and Embiid got 2 super weak fouls called on him early.  Tobi carried them when needed in the 1st half, but with starters in full force the defense and offense just over matches the Wizard.  Biggest task is just making sure Beal doesn't go unconscious.  Even then I he dropped 60 on us and they still lost during the regular season.