**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Ben is an embarrassment 

He's a major one. Can't stand that freaking wimp

• Like 1

The sixers Twitter and ig accounts going off right now on capela. 

When is that Fin freckle faced cartoon going to foul out? Are they just gonna let him do that all night? Thats the 3rd time 

4 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Poor Ben. Gotta be emasculating.

Id feel sorry for him if he didn’t bring this upon himself by continuing to just ignore what everyone has told him for years with his FT shooting and shooting 

Ben Simmons needs to try to dunk it every time down the floor for the rest of the game.

As much as Ben drives me insane, we absolutely need him if we are to advance anywhere for defense alone.  His defense is absurdly elite, and all we play after this round is star after star.  He can control/guard anyone.  The fact he didn't win DPOY is the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and it shows the writers and voters are lazy and fat.  They give it to a rim protector compared to someone who can probably do that job better, but he's too busy guarding elite weapons on the perimeter because he has the ability to.    

With that being said, it is not refreshing to know that we need to be up 20+ in a playoff game for him to get aggressive on offense.  I hate it.  Fight me!  

• Haha 1

High thought, but wonder if Embiid misses his baby and after a few days that gets to him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That Italian mfer is a dirty player.  Watch him.  Always taking stealth shots at players.  Shoulders, elbows, the extra push.   

5 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Ben Simmons needs to try to dunk it every time down the floor for the rest of the game.

Yeah.  Cool.  More foul shots.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  Cool.  More foul shots.  

I honestly like watching him shoot free throws.  Like watching car racing for the crashes…

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I might get ripped for saying this but Korkmaz has been better than Danny. 

his defense is atrocious though. Most nights Danny is 5x the player. If you get Kork on a rare hot night, hes ok, but the defense still sucks. 

He got himself pulled for a lot of that last gaem because Bogdanovic and Huerter did whatever they wanted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Him staying aggressive and taking to the rack on the fast break, over, and over, and over again is a good way to get past the embarrassment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I might get ripped for saying this but Korkmaz has been better than Danny. 

Him playing defense is like Winston Justice against Osi Umenyiora.  It's a huge liability, but he's definitely a better weapon on offense.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

Him playing defense is like Winston Justice against Osi Umenyiora.  It's a huge liability, but he's definitely a better weapon on offense.  

Or Sean Considine trying to tackle someone’s ankles.  Like Van Gundy on Alonzo Mourning.  

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

his defense is atrocious though. Most nights Danny is 5x the player. If you get Kork on a rare hot night, hes ok, but the defense still sucks. 

He got himself pulled for a lot of that last gaem because Bogdanovic and Huerter did whatever they wanted.

I also wonder how much energy was expended in game one where doc had green on young the entire game. Green is still a solid player just can’t ask him to guard young all game and be effective doing that and on the offensive end. He’s not 2017-18 Danny green. I also wouldn’t be surprised if his current injury was partially due to him pushing himself harder than his body could handle in game one guarding young and his body didn’t handle it or recovery well from it.  

17 minutes ago, hputenis said:

As much as Ben drives me insane, we absolutely need him if we are to advance anywhere for defense alone.  His defense is absurdly elite, and all we play after this round is star after star.  He can control/guard anyone.  The fact he didn't win DPOY is the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and it shows the writers and voters are lazy and fat.  They give it to a rim protector compared to someone who can probably do that job better, but he's too busy guarding elite weapons on the perimeter because he has the ability to.    

With that being said, it is not refreshing to know that we need to be up 20+ in a playoff game for him to get aggressive on offense.  I hate it.  Fight me!  

Post of the year in this thread

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, giveemtheboot said:

Post of the year in this thread

Not Sure If Serious GIFs | Tenor  But I'll take it! 

Really hope harris can get on track. He’s been missing from action since the second half of last game. Went 2-5 in second half of game 4 and so far tonight 2-7 for 4 points. 

34 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Rudy has basically made Kawhi and George jump shooters at this point when he is in the game. 

• Like 1