**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d argue he’s the most frustrating athlete i can ever remember in the city.

That's some list though...

Shawn Bradley
Shawn Andrews
Carson Wentz
Ricky Watters...

I could go on...

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Shawn Bradley
Shawn Andrews
Carson Wentz
Ricky Watters...

I could go on...

To be honest I think that list you have Ben  Simmons has more talent and a higher ceiling then any of those players that came through and might never reach it in Philadelphia. At least with Carson you had that one year where he was MVP like and they won a Super Bowl. Simmons is way more frustrating cause he has the potential to be a top 10 player in the game if not 5 if he just improved on FTs and slowly developed a jumper. He refuses too.   

in Shawn Bradley’s defense the monstars never gave him his powers back. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

To be honest I think that list you have Ben  Simmons has more talent and a higher ceiling then any of those players that came through and might never reach it in Philadelphia. At least with Carson you had that one year where he was MVP like and they won a Super Bowl. Simmons is way more frustrating cause he has the potential to be a top 10 player in the game if not 5 if he just improved on FTs and slowly developed a jumper. He refuses too.   

in Shawn Bradley’s defense the monstars never gave him his powers back. 

I would go further and he could have been a Top 25 player of all time. He should be un-guardable, at least Giannis tried to work on his game. Tried being the key word

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Shawn Bradley
Shawn Andrews
Carson Wentz
Ricky Watters...

I could go on...

I don't think anyone ever thought Shawn Bradley would be good... At least not me. Ricky Watters other then saying something stupid the first game of the 1st season was fantastic. 

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't think anyone ever thought Shawn Bradley would be good... At least not me. Ricky Watters other then saying something stupid the first game of the 1st season was fantastic. 

For who? For what? Lol. 

I’d also argue Shawn Andrew’s was great until mentally/depression derailed his career. 

30 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

For who? For what? Lol. 

I’d also argue Shawn Andrew’s was great until mentally/depression derailed his career. 

Well that's why I didn't comment on Shawn Andrews. He wasn't really a disappointment till after a feed years. Other then that he was flat out dominant his first few years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TEW said:

So you trade him?

yeah. Ill hang on to him as long as it takes for him to get fed up with realizing the extension isnt coming. And when he wants out, Ill oblige.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah. Ill hang on to him as long as it takes for him to get fed up with realizing the extension isnt coming. And when he wants out, Ill oblige.

Basically you’re only getting one more season then. I’m guessing he’ll play 21-22 season without it. He’s not going into 22-23 season without the extension. He’ll likely ask to be traded if he sees that coming at that point. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

yeah

Ehhh... That's a tough one for me to swallow, but given his injuries, I get the reasoning and don't think it's a totally insane idea.

The problem is, there's no way to get fair value. Or anything close to it.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Basically you’re only getting one more season then. I’m guessing he’ll play 21-22 season without it. He’s not going into 22-23 season without the extension. He’ll likely ask to be traded if he sees that coming at that point. 

thats ok with me

40 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

For who? For what? Lol. 

Yeah, Andrews was the best lineman in the NFL at his peak.

1 minute ago, TEW said:

Ehhh... That's a tough one for me to swallow, but given his injuries, I get the reasoning and don't think it's a totally insane idea.

The problem is, there's no way to get fair value. Or anything close to it.

whats fair value? getting value for his MVP level play is probably not fair for the other team. Theyre going to get a player who may well be on the downswing by the time that super max kicks in. And even in his prime, hes been injury prone and useless in every single postseason we have been in. The fair value 99.9999% of our fans probably think of, is an idea that doesnt exist. Fair value is probably less. But the hidden value, is not being stick with that contract and a player who looks like what we saw last night, more and more frequently.

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

thats ok with me

I mean if you are ok starting a rebuild after 21-22 because i can’t imagine lillard (if you traded for him) that he wouldn’t ask to be traded cause you aren’t getting another star back from a team knowing embiid needs an extension heading into his last year of his contract and lillard is 32 with time not on his side. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

whats fair value? getting value for his MVP level play is probably not fair for the other team. Theyre going to get a player who may well be on the downswing by the time that super max kicks in. And even in his prime, hes been injury prone and useless in every single postseason we have been in. The fair value 99.9999% of our fans probably think of, is an idea that doesnt exist. Fair value is probably less. But the hidden value, is not being stick with that contract and a player who looks like what we saw last night, more and more frequently.

The other side is that you're getting an MVP caliber player. Those guys aren't available too often. And while there is certainly injury risk, it's not preordained.

What do you think you can get for him?

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mean if you are ok starting a rebuild after 21-22 because i can’t imagine lillard (if you traded for him) that he wouldn’t ask to be traded cause you aren’t getting another star back from a team knowing embiid needs an extension heading into his last year of his contract. 

If a team wants him and he wants the super max, Id expect a sign and trade so he gets his super max from us on his way to the other team. And in that case, youre likely getting a super star back to match that massive contract.

man, I don't know about getting rid of Embiid.  Is he injury prone?  Yes.  But I can also see him playing at a high level for 5 or so more years if he takes care of himself.

Just now, TEW said:

The other side is that you're getting an MVP caliber player. Those guys aren't available too often. And while there is certainly injury risk, it's not preordained.

What do you think you can get for him?

what does it matter when you dont have him in the post season ever? Thats actually completely worthless.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mean if you are ok starting a rebuild after 21-22 because i can’t imagine lillard (if you traded for him) that he wouldn’t ask to be traded cause you aren’t getting another star back from a team knowing embiid needs an extension heading into his last year of his contract. 

Yeah. It would essentially be process time all over again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dave Moss said:

man, I don't know about getting rid of Embiid.  Is he injury prone?  Yes.  But I can also see him playing at a high level for 5 or so more years if he takes care of himself.

he took care of himself this year. hes in the best shape hes been in since rookie year. and, still injured.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Shawn Bradley
Shawn Andrews
Carson Wentz
Ricky Watters...

I could go on...

Eric Lindros.

what does it matter when you dont have him in the post season ever? Thats actually completely worthless.

OK, so why would any team give him a super max contract then? If that's the sticking point, and this is "known" then why would anyone pay him?

he took care of himself this year. hes in the best shape hes been in since rookie year. and, still injured.

I know.  

But I've seen how these trades (Barkley, Iverson, etc.) work out for the Sixers.

• Like 1