Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

These two things have nothing had to do with each other… Hiring Ron had to do with one thing and one thing only he is a great coach 

Ron is a very good coach. But they were under investigation and all these things had come up during this time. Snyder was on the hot seat. Including with the racist team name. Many don’t remember Rivera was our LB coach.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ron is a very good coach. But they were under investigation and all these things had come up during this time. Snyder was on the hot seat. Including with the racist team name. Many don’t remember Rivera was our LB coach.

And we’re they going to hire Ron if he was a terrible coach??? No we’re they going to hire some random coach of color that was not a good coach or highly regarded to be a HC no. 

So all of it is a moot point Synder wasn’t going to hire just some random guy he hired Ron because he was arguably the best coach on the market last year and really was not all that close when you look at who was available. 

We haven’t seen this offense but your bar BG of stats seems very achievable for Hurts in my eyes. He’s going to turn the ball over some. He’s going to open up the passing game by using his legs. I would think today DCs gameplans against us are to stack the box. That creates some space for receivers to work. Also I think our RBs and QB can still beat a stacked box…,which turns into huge gains. I think Hurts can pull off 4K yards passing and 1K rushing….on a bad team. Making him the first to accomplish such. Something even the Ubertalented Mike Vick couldn’t accomplish.

I just keep thinking to myself about whether signing Goedert is the right move. Seems like evaluating and bringing in TE has been a strength of our FO. So instead of paying him top TE money we could use one of our first four picks next season on the position. Use the money on positions we’ve been less successful at.

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

think Hurts can pull off 4K yards passing and 1K rushing….on a bad team. Making him the first to accomplish such. Something even the Ubertalented Mike Vick couldn’t accomplish.

With the asterisk of 17 games not all the impressive when you have to add an extra game though 4K with what I seen of Hurts the passer seems unlikely he is no where close to even an avg. passer at the NFL which anyone who watched the games last year could see 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

just keep thinking to myself about whether signing Goedert is the right move

Yes it is Geodart can easily be top TE in the league already one of the best blockers and underrated pass catcher with big play ability and YAC capabilities that Ertz didn’t have. 

He could easily be in the realm of Kelce and Kittle 

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We haven’t seen this offense but your bar BG of stats seems very achievable for Hurts in my eyes.

It my goals for hurts stat wise are the low bar this should be a minimum for him to achieve 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

He could easily be in the realm of Kelce and Kittle 

Not in that realm….c’mon man!

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We haven’t seen this offense but your bar BG of stats seems very achievable for Hurts in my eyes.

It my goals for hurts stat wise are the low bar this should be a minimum for him to achieve 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not in that realm….c’mon man!

No he isn’t yet but yes he can be easily 

I think Geodart being a top 3 TE is way more likely then Sanders being a top 10 RB right now that how high I am on Geodart 

Geodart is already a superior blocker then either kittle and Kelce and I don’t think it is close and he is a vastly underrated pass catcher then never really been given a chance to be the lead guy. 

Sports injury predictor predicts an 83 percent chance of injury this season for Goedert.

If you think Goedert is Kittle then you sign him. But he’s not. But he wants huge money for a TE reportedly. The point wasn’t that he isn’t a good player. It’s more about with that price tag would we be better off letting the FO pickup another TE(one of the few things they’ve actually shown well at doing).

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If you think Goedert is Kittle then you sign him. But he’s not. But he wants huge money for a TE reportedly. The point wasn’t that he isn’t a good player. It’s more about with that price tag would we be better off letting the FO pickup another TE(one of the few things they’ve actually shown well at doing).

Your right he has the makings to be superior to Kittle in every way… Superior blocker and game breaking ability. Again Geodart easily be a top 3 TE 

Would you trade a day 3 pick for Kneal Harry who has request a trade from NE???

Was a first rounder for NE has failed to live up to the expectations would give Philly another young big WR to compete with Fulgham/JJaw…

Just some food for thought not sure I’d make the trade but need something to talk on during these dull times 

14 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Would you trade a day 3 pick for Kneal Harry who has request a trade from NE???

Was a first rounder for NE has failed to live up to the expectations would give Philly another young big WR to compete with Fulgham/JJaw…

Just some food for thought not sure I’d make the trade but need something to talk on during these dull times 

Definitely  thought he was better than the Pats have been able to get out of him. Injured his rookie season. I’d give ‘um Ertz for him.

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Definitely  thought he was better than the Pats have been able to get out of him. Injured his rookie season. I’d give ‘um Ertz for him.

Doubtful they take Ertz NE just spent big on two TEs in FA 

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2021 at 1:24 PM, Bleedinggreen93 said:

It not so much I’m against Opeta as I’m against wasting that many spots on the OL if we can stash him on PS(along with Jurgia) would be the best case scenario in my mind but using active roster spot on him just doesn’t seem worth it to me… But I’ve always hated going heavy on the OL 

With the injury history we have dealt with the past few years, I wonder if 10 is enough for the roster. Plus, I would think Tackles are more valuable. Isn't it easier for a tackle to play a G position than the reverse? So, if we were to keep more than 9 I would make sure 4-5 can play Tackle. Just my opinion..... Matters little now a days....

1 hour ago, stine said:

With the injury history we have dealt with the past few years, I wonder if 10 is enough for the roster. Plus, I would think Tackles are more valuable. Isn't it easier for a tackle to play a G position than the reverse? So, if we were to keep more than 9 I would make sure 4-5 can play Tackle. Just my opinion..... Matters little now a days....

If we deal with the rash of injuries along the OL again it won’t matter who we have as backups at one point we were playing a 5th string T tell me one team that going to do well putting in the guy 5th on the depth chart at any position.

I do agree with the position versatility in backups though hence why I also don’t think Opeta would make it over some other guys. 

On 7/4/2021 at 4:38 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

Sports injury predictor predicts an 83 percent chance of injury this season for Goedert.

Hasn't had any major injuries so far: Check

About to sign a big extension: Check

2 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Hasn't had any major injuries so far: Check

About to sign a big extension: Check

how accurate is this predictor? Anyone have stats?

Aidan Hutchinson is definitely worth keeping an eye on. Broke his leg this season. Should dominate this next year though.

This is a pretty good interview with Shaun Bradley, who seems really open to talking about the team.

Interview with Eagles Linebacker Shaun Bradley | Flippin’ the Birds - YouTube

He said one really interesting thing. They asked him who was a young player on the defense that he thought would do the best under the new regime, and he immediately said Michael Jacquet. Earlier in the interview, they asked him about bringing in Steven Nelson, and he also mentioned how well Jacquet had been playing.

He also said that KVon Wallace has been doing well in the new system.

So that's two guys to keep an eye on. Bradley comes off as a pretty genuine kid and he seems to, at the very least, be a competent backup and a decent special teams player.  

Archived