Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

6 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

"It’s interesting because Schefter wasn’t even specifically asked about the Houston Texans quarterback or the Eagles at all. He was actually talking about how the Sixers should look to address their issues (he thinks they should sign Kyle Lowry) and then pivoted into a big move that the Eagles should make. It’s then that he said the following:

"The Eagles are more equipped to make a run at Deshaun Watson than any team out there.”

Naturally, Schefter was asked about the allegations that Watson is facing and how those could very well impact his future.”

Yep, saw that lol

image.jpeg.2adbf083e345d82d932d16f7c12eaaba.jpeg

Should be titled The Big "Mislead" on MSN

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Yep, saw that lol

image.jpeg.2adbf083e345d82d932d16f7c12eaaba.jpeg

Should be titled The Big "Mislead" on MSN

We are going to be linked to him until he is either A.dealt or B. Hurts shows out. 

https://fansided.com/2021/07/16/eagles-trade-deshaun-watson-texans/amp/

I just think the asking price in this article is unrealistic now for Watson even if he is cleared. Damage is done on him can’t image any team not just Philly offering up that high of a price for him. 

3 1sts was the reports before he got hit with all these law suits I don’t think he will reach that high again after everything is settled(if settled)

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

We are going to be linked to him until he is either A.dealt or B. Hurts shows out. 

Or C he goes to jail

Just to be clear i hope the accusations against him are false.

I’m thinking two firsts and two second rounders is what we should give up for Watson. It will turn out to be a steal for a top five QB.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m thinking two firsts and two second rounders is what we should give up for Watson. It will turn out to be a steal for a top five QB.

Still just sounds steep guess it would depend if/when the trade happened. Not disputing the talent of Watson definitely worth that compensation in that regard  but with then off field risks…

I feel like half that and the Texans get lucky maybe a 1st, 2nd rounder and a player. 

if we(or any team) trade for him before things settled then you run the risk of him not playing(maybe even never playing for you)… If you wait good chance Watson out of the game for an entire year. 

33 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You have to wait until it’s settled

You don’t have to do anything I’d image a team waits but plenty of talks that a move could happen sooner lot could do with the NFL decision on Watson whether they let him play while all this is going on or put him on the exempt list. 

Either way though he is a year removed from football(doubtful he plays for the Texans) or he has the case hanging over his head. 
Still tough sell to give up two 1sts and two 2nds even for a gifted player like Watson 

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Either way though he is a year removed from football(doubtful he plays for the Texans) or he has the case hanging over his head. 
Still tough sell to give up two 1sts and two 2nds even for a gifted player like Watson 

What if we gave up one first and second in 2022 and one first and second in 2023? I’d count that a great deal!

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What if we gave up one first and second in 2022 and one first and second in 2023? I’d count that a great deal!

Just seems steep to me… you paying for a guy that probably won’t play at all this season or for a guy that a case unsettled.

Production wise yes a steal for Watson but situation wise seems steep if that makes sense.

1st 2nd and a player would probably be my highest bid for Watson. 

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I believe the commish has frozen any trade at this time.

Doubtful 

35 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Just seems steep to me… you paying for a guy that probably won’t play at all this season or for a guy that a case unsettled.

Production wise yes a steal for Watson but situation wise seems steep if that makes sense.

1st 2nd and a player would probably be my highest bid for Watson. 

Doubtful 

I was thinking the trade won’t happen until next offseason. Though if he isn’t convicted of anything I don’t believe his punishment should be a full season. 

Report saying Ertz will show up to TC and saying he might stay on the team for 21. 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Report saying Ertz will show up to TC and saying he might stay on the team for 21. 

Maybe he can help us win the SB

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

When does TC start? Gotta be getting close.

27th I believe is the start of our TC 

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

When does TC start? Gotta be getting close.

I thought it started on Sat.

5 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

27th I believe is the start of our TC 

LOL just checked. You are right. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/howard-eskin-believes-theres-a-90percent-chance-deshaun-watson-will-be-traded-to-the-eagles/ar-AAMrKtA

Here’s what I’m working on, and you’ve gotta follow me on this. It’s on Deshaun Watson. I’ve talked to people in Houston. And they are all but resided to the fact that they’re going to have to trade him. Now, there’s a little issue here … are you going to wait before or after — and he’s going to get a suspension. It doesn’t matter what happens in the court of law and what the civil suits are, the NFL sees he did what he did, and obviously, I think he did. Now, it may be a frail case, but there’s probably going to be some kind of suspension. But they’re resided to trading him. That’s the first part of the equation. 

The second part of the equation, who will he be traded to? There’s only three teams, in talking to people around the league, that I know of, that really have the strong desire. That would be Denver, Miami — who, they gave away their first-round pick to the Eagles, so that really weakens their position, because I think they’re starting to realize that Tua [Tagovailoa] is a stiff. 

But the Eagles have the three first-round picks, and that’s what they’re gonna have, and this is the prediction I’m going to make: based on the information that I got, when — and I’ll say WHEN — he is traded, I think there is a 90% chance that he will be with the Philadelphia Eagles. And just based on all the information that I’ve gotten, that’s what I’ve come down to.

If they burn 1st rounders on one position instead of taking the time to build this team the right way with young players that can grow together I'm going to be ticked off. 

7 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

If they burn 1st rounders on one position instead of taking the time to build this team the right way with young players that can grow together I'm going to be ticked off. 

Depends really on the cost for a guy like Watson and Hurts. I mean if Hurts isn’t the guy and we can land a franchise QB of Watson caliber who is 26(next offseason assuming he is cleared of everything) and get him for say Colts pick and a 2023 pick I’d rather do that then gamble on a trade up on a QB in the draft. 

in this scenario still have two first in 2022 draft plus the rest of the draft and even if we give up a 2023 first would still have 2nd-7th picks and that isn’t including what we will likely gain before the draft even happens. 

But right now doesn’t seem likely anything is happening and Hurts is our guy so let’s let the year play out and see what we have in the guy 

Take a chance on unknown drafting or….a very proven commodity? I have no problem going after an elite franchise signal caller. Not sure what cost wouldn’t feel like peanuts with the impact that guy can bring. Not like a ARod…Tom Brady one year go….this is the whole state of the franchise. Better be talking the first or second pick QB in the draft to even counter this….and what will that cost? We going to spend it one way or another…..just comes down to Watson or draft pick.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We going to spend it one way or another…..just comes down to Watson or draft pick.

Unless we are dreadful this year and are picking on the top two(or Miami is dreadful). But I do agree Watson cleared and likely not getting anything close to what he was worth is a game changer still thinking two picks and a player likely gets it done for him.

Archived