Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

In his first three starts, Hurts had a higher completion percentage than Peyton Manning, Johnny Unitas and Steve Young,

Is this suppose to be impressive he had higher accuracy then guys in a completely different era of football lol what was the avg. completition percentage in those eras like 62% and below for top QBs… 98 the most accurate QB was Brett Farve with a 63% if that shows the difference 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

picked off less than Troy Aikman, Josh Allen or Andrew Luck.

We not going to use context for these stats??? 3 of Andrew lucks ints came in his first career start against a bears defense where the colts were getting blown out…  entering the 4th qtr. it was 34-14… 1 int came driving at the end of the half in the 2nd qtr trying to make a play and the other two came in the 4th qtr down by 20 last int came with 46 secs left in the 4th with luck trying to make something happen…

Isnt this what you stay sayin oh the context of the plays matter for Hurts yet you throw out general stats when it fits your narrative lmao at least stay consistent if you going to generalize gotta accept it for all and if your going to your context gotta use it for all 

Idk the general stat of 52% shows Hurts needs to work on his accuracy 

the advanced stats of having the worst on target % and the highest % of bad throws says he needs to work on his accuracy 

mans just watching the games with the good old eye test I seen it.

Of the believe the first thing that needs to be done to correct a problem is knowing you have it… As I’ve said numerous times not saying he can’t improve he should but as of this point he is a below avg. passer in the nfl. 

23 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Yep, I saw same story. On……I believe BGN. 

It is worthy to note that Vermeil was also questioned as far as ability to lead a team. So even though "some" players said "something", I take these stories with a grain of salt and just wait for it to play out. You don't really know someone's true ability until they are the "man." Maybe they apply themselves more too when moving up the ladder. 

6 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

I'm sorry, I was looking at this story. This is the one I was trying to read in between taking care of customers and got confused. LMAO, sorry!!!!!

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/7/13/22575676/nick-sirianni-eagles-players-philadelphia-locker-room-michael-robinson-nfl-network-video-head-coach

13 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

It is worthy to note that Vermeil was also questioned as far as ability to lead a team. So even though "some" players said "something", I take these stories with a grain of salt and just wait for it to play out. You don't really know someone's true ability until they are the "man." Maybe they apply themselves more too when moving up the ladder. 

Sounds like the same questioning anybody has for a new worker… 

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Sounds like the same questioning anybody has for a new worker… 

Exactly my point.

6 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Makes sense I guess one of the top zone CBS in the nation last couple years in the college ranks coming to a scheme that supposedly wants zone CBs. We shall see how he does though. 

Does anyone have a clue when Ertz (or whomever) is going to be traded? This question leads into: Why is it that Landon Dickerson a 2 Rd. pick remains unsigned for reason(s) other than current cap situation? Or is that only reason? Like why is it that a later pick is signed and Dickerson not? Due to his injury history?

The Black national anthem is reportedly set to return before NFL games for good starting in 2021.

And that will be the end of me having anything to do with the NFL

36 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

The Black national anthem is reportedly set to return before NFL games for good starting in 2021.

And that will be the end of me having anything to do with the NFL

That is so silly.  A national anthem should not be associated with any color, race, etc.  

They try so hard to force acceptance on to everyone ... it only serves to accomplish the opposite for the most part.  A shame they can't see that.  

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That is so silly.  A national anthem should not be associated with any color, race, etc.  

They try so hard to force acceptance on to everyone ... it only serves to accomplish the opposite for the most part.  A shame they can't see that.  

Exactly. 

6 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Does anyone have a clue when Ertz (or whomever) is going to be traded? This question leads into: Why is it that Landon Dickerson a 2 Rd. pick remains unsigned for reason(s) other than current cap situation? Or is that only reason? Like why is it that a later pick is signed and Dickerson not? Due to his injury history?

I think part of it is only the top so many salaries count against the cap actually. So a second round pick would count towards the cap where as I don’t think your day three guys do.

I believe there to be room anyway.

Dickerson is actually still injured and not able to pass a physical could be a large factor in waiting longer.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think part of it is only the top so many salaries count against the cap actually. So a second round pick would count towards the cap where as I don’t think your day three guys do.

I believe there to be room anyway.

Thanks Ham! That would make sense to me if what you say is correct. 

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Dickerson is actually still injured and not able to pass a physical could be a large factor in waiting longer.

That was one of the top reasons I was wondering about. I don't know the in's & out's of the PBA. 

Anyone else see the video of Travis Kelce telling everyone the correct way to say his last name lol

Apparently it’s pronounced Kelss not Kel-See like everyone says… Even though Jason Kelce did say they just go with Kelce because they didn’t want to explain how to say it the right way lol 

13 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Apparently it’s pronounced Kelss not Kel-See like everyone says… Even though Jason Kelce did say they just go with Kelce because they didn’t want to explain how to say it the right way lol 

I've always assumed it was was Kelss, it's not like you pronounce fence, fen-see is it?  Commentators are dumb as rocks.

I swear reporters get bored and having the talk about so they just make a story… Deseaun Watson linked to us again lmao. Make it worse he was linked to us on a question that had nothing to do with the Eagles Schedter just tossed it in there to make a story 

"It’s interesting because Schefter wasn’t even specifically asked about the Houston Texans quarterback or the Eagles at all. He was actually talking about how the Sixers should look to address their issues (he thinks they should sign Kyle Lowry) and then pivoted into a big move that the Eagles should make. It’s then that he said the following:

"The Eagles are more equipped to make a run at Deshaun Watson than any team out there.”

Naturally, Schefter was asked about the allegations that Watson is facing and how those could very well impact his future.”

Archived