Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/PHI/philadelphia-eagles/injuries/    So we can't keep WR's on the field yet again it seems

We been bitten by injuries early on not a great sign considering our recent history with injuries. But hopefully they happen now and we are healthy through the actual season 

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well you could make an argument for Butler then,who is mediocre at both spots,but he can play either. We need a decision on him,he has been hanging around like Jjaw 

Butler has been officially moved to WR now my guess he gets cut 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

We been bitten by injuries early on not a great sign considering our recent history with injuries. But hopefully they happen now and we are healthy through the actual season 

Yeah it's bothersome that our round 1 pick could not even play in pre 1. I'm sure they will be overly cautious after the Djax fiasco,but these draft picks need to PLAY,not be coddled once again

Also Jackson hasn’t been mediocre he been one of the better players all through camp. Only 23 6’7 250 been playing really well. Considering he only been at TE for a year have to like his growth 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Also Jackson hasn’t been mediocre he been one of the better players all through camp. Only 23 6’7 250 been playing really well. Considering he only been at TE for a year have to like his growth 

But we can't keep everyone. I said Butler was mediocre at both spots, but he can play both, so maybe he sticks on the PS in the event we need either/or. If you had to choose do you lose Rogers or Jackson

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

But we can't keep everyone. I said Butler was mediocre at both spots, but he can play both, so maybe he sticks on the PS in the event we need either/or. If you had to choose do you lose Rogers or Jackson

If we had to cut one Rodgers this team needs young talent but still think we end up going 4 TEs. Think we will end up moving Ertz at some point so it will be the trio of Geodart/Rodgers/ Jackson. 

Also I want to say Mullens is still dealing with an elbow, that is not a good spot to hurt as a QB,so perhaps he will get better

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

If we had to cut one Rodgers this team needs young talent but still think we end up going 4 TEs. Think we will end up moving Ertz at some point so it will be the trio of Geodart/Rodgers/ Jackson. 

Yeah except we've been trying to move Ertz for a year now. It would take some uncanny incident to move him out at this point

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah except we've been trying to move Ertz for a year now. It would take some uncanny incident to move him out at this point

I don’t think so think Ertz playing showing he is healthy helps us increases his value some…But Philly doesn’t have to rush it we could opt to keep Ertz as well who knows. Only 1 preseason game pls try will change before final cuts. 

After watching the game i only have one thought.

They'd better not have a bunch of injuries especially on the D line.

13 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

After watching the game i only have one thought.

They'd better not have a bunch of injuries especially on the D line.

Sounded to me like our DL only went down hill when are starters and backups left the game. 

Heard Ty McGill and Milton both looked good also heard some good things on Tarron Jackson. Kerrigan didn’t even play if I recall because of the thumb.  

Sounding like our DL group will be strong and deep during the season.

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Sounded to me like our DL only went down hill when are starters and backups left the game. 

Heard Ty McGill and Milton both looked good also heard some good things on Tarron Jackson. Kerrigan didn’t even play if I recall because of the thumb.  

Sounding like our DL group will be strong and deep during the season.

After the first 2 or 3 series the D line got shredded.

It was pretty sad

2 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

After the first 2 or 3 series the D line got shredded.

It was pretty sad

Sooooo the again the backups of the backups it sounds like lol…. From everything I seen and read sounds like the guys set to make the roster played well… Also heard after most our guys left we didn’t rotate the DL much they got gassed 

Maybe the biggest concern from the game we went like 0-8 on 3rd down that needs to be improved on. 

29 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Sooooo the again the backups of the backups it sounds like lol…. From everything I seen and read sounds like the guys set to make the roster played well… Also heard after most our guys left we didn’t rotate the DL much they got gassed 

And the Steelers backups to the backups were the ones doing the shredding

I'm talking about depth. Something the Eagles have had to resort to far too often lately

With very few exceptions you don't win in the NFL without depth.

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

And the Steelers backups to the backups were the ones doing the shredding

I'm talking about depth. Something the Eagles have had to resort to far too often lately

With very few exceptions you don't win in the NFL without depth.

Ummmmmm Eagles DL is solid like 8-9 guys deep… My point being I can’t name a single team that can avoid to loss 3-4 guys at one spot and expect to play well. 

Eagles DL depth you know the guys that will make the team those 8-10 guys all played well… The 6th string PS DE doesn’t bother as much if he doesn’t play well 

From what I see the Eagles have 3 good DE Kerrigan didn’t play but should be fine and Tarron Jackson the rook had some moments.

DT- Cox is fine Hargrove played well, Milton was distributing and also plays end.. and Ty McGill made plays that 4 guys. 

How much depth are we expecting I can’t name a single team in the NFL that is 10+ guys deep on the DL or any position for that matter. 

First PS game and the starters looked pretty good except for a few drops and Hurts missing a wide open WR for a TD.

I'm saying if a game comes down to our backups playing against someone elses backups, which in the NFL is gonna happen sooner or later it might be a problem

Just now, Asg 15 said:

I'm saying if a game comes down to our backups playing against someone elses backups, which in the NFL is gonna happen sooner or later it might be a problem

Our top backups best the Steelers top backups that’s what I’m saying. 

the 4th and 5th string guys that were long shots getting beat doesn’t bother me as much. If we get to that point in the season again like last year and our Ol we should expect a bad unit and what I’m saying also.

4 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Except they were playing again BU's also lol. I'm not getting excited yet

Just get me through this season with some solid team play. IDC if we win games or not.Just get solidified at some places then next year we have a bevy of draft picks. I'm still holding out for 7 wins. I don't expect much more

31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Just get me through this season with some solid team play. IDC if we win games or not.Just get solidified at some places then next year we have a bevy of draft picks. I'm still holding out for 7 wins. I don't expect much more

That's a reasonable explanation of where I stand. 

A lot has been made how the Steelers looked great in the second half against us. But they played their second team from midway through the second quarter until halfway through the fourth quarter, when we pulled our starters early in the first and our second team at halftime. So they literally beat up on our deep reserves with their players who are likely to see a lot of time this year.

Chaz Green, who is 29 years old and has played in 37 games, was going against Tarron Jackson, a sixth round pick playing in his first game. Their second team center and guard played 30 percent of the snaps last year. They were going against a sixth round pick and an UDFA who was on the practice squad last year.

Haskins is their third qb, but he is a former first round pick playing with guys who are going to be on the Steelers roster this year against our guys who will be lucky to make the PS.

It will be interesting to see if the third team can bounce back next week. I think the Patriots will mirror our playing time, as they played their starters about the same amount as we played ours, although their second team played longer. 

21 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

A lot has been made how the Steelers looked great in the second half against us. But they played their second team from midway through the second quarter until halfway through the fourth quarter, when we pulled our starters early in the first and our second team at halftime. So they literally beat up on our deep reserves with their players who are likely to see a lot of time this year.

Chaz Green, who is 29 years old and has played in 37 games, was going against Tarron Jackson, a sixth round pick playing in his first game. Their second team center and guard played 30 percent of the snaps last year. They were going against a sixth round pick and an UDFA who was on the practice squad last year.

Haskins is their third qb, but he is a former first round pick playing with guys who are going to be on the Steelers roster this year against our guys who will be lucky to make the PS.

It will be interesting to see if the third team can bounce back next week. I think the Patriots will mirror our playing time, as they played their starters about the same amount as we played ours, although their second team played longer. 

IDK, I have a theory about this. It's called welcome to the NFL. When you get your arse kicked, it makes you realize how much more work you need to put it just to be second string. Perhaps this was intentional? Kinda like, a well put up or shut up reality call. Although that opens them up to more possibility of injury(for guys that may be expendable anyhow) it would seem to me to separate the boys from the future men. I can't say this is what happened,but I'm all for it. I recall the old school college coaches doing this with young HS recruits(like Woody Hayes, or Bobby Bowden) 

Actually based on the above,we DID see that with our WR's last year and even Scott right? Trial by fire makes you tougher(aka iron sharpens iron). And we got Ward and Scott out of that although that was because we had no choice Even so if that was the intent last night, it served it's purpose. Now they know how far they have to go to be PRO's

Archived