Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO what was the overall takeaway tonight? Sounds like Quez has earned his roster spot

Huntley seemed to play well though he was playing backups but still 5 carries 43 yards

Gains didn’t have a bad showing either 2 catches 16 yards also 2 rushes for 14 yards 

Flacco played well 10/17 178 1td 

Tyree Jackson had 2 catches for 32 yards 

Overall take away we seem to have some promising young talent coming along. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elliott made his kicks tonight that huge for us and sounds like Milton Williams played well though it didn’t show on the stat sheet. 

Have to like the first half though offense showed it could move the ball and score and the D did it’s thing. 

Come apart in the 2nd half but that’s with the fridge players many of which likely won’t make the team.

Have to say I liked what I saw so far…………progress and heart. 

7 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Have to say I liked what I saw so far…………progress and heart. 

The 1st and 2nd teams handled Pittsburgh...Elliott and the kicking team performed well.I especially like this young coaching staff staying vanilla. They didn't show anything. I didn't see any blitzing? The third teams and their substitutions performed as they typically do in pre-season.Good first showing.

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO what was the overall takeaway tonight? Sounds like Quez has earned his roster spot

IMO 1st and 2nd teams (for the most part) looked pretty good.  Nothing egregious.  Those further along on the DC were sloppy, but have to think that should be expected.  And regarding Watkins, I think he already had a roster spot locked up after all the reports of an outstanding camp, but he may have earned himself more play time than he may have had.  

Looking like we might actually have some pass catcher this season. Hopefully Smith returns healthy and ready to go. Quez looks like he could be the breakout player of the year for us. Reagor might not be lighting it up but sounds like he is at least getting open making some catches.

Add in the TEs Geodart possibly Ertz and Tyree in the wings. 

Far cry from the best groups but still sounds like we are significantly better then anything we have had last couple of seasons 

One thing that stood out to me was the fact that we didn't bring pressure once during the game, while the Steelers brought pressure on almost every down. I was really happy to see how our offensive line, both the starters and the primary backups, handled that pressure.

It was also nice to see Hurts be able to find open receivers while under duress. He didn't let the pressure affect him, and didn't simply bail out and run.

Another interesting thing to note is that we were in 12 personnel almost the entire first half, first with Ertz and Goedert, and then Rodgers and Jackson, which makes me think that we will keep Ertz.

I think our offense can be pretty good with Ertz, Goedert, Sanders, Smith and then either Reagor or Watkins. At this point I don't think we can trade Ertz, since the other options aren't very inspiring at this point.

Just now, jsb235 said:

was really happy to see how our offensive line, both the starters and the primary backups, handled that pressure.

We have a really good OL and lot of our depth pieces for experience playing last year as well. 

Next week should be the best test we get for this team I’d image should be the dress rehearsal game before the season starts. Get an extended look at the starters. 

Not to mention I believe we are practices with NE.

Was reading people say Hurts has a weird throwing motion… IDK doesn’t look all that bad from the highlights I seen… 

From the sounds of things it seems like we might have to go with 5 RBs this season.

Sanders/Scott /Gains seem all but locks.

But Huntley seems to be playing himself onto the team(also sounds like he brings value as a return man) and Jordan Howard sounds like he so the only RB that can give good pass protection which we desperately need. 

OK so on the WR front. Smith, Reagor, Quez, probably Ward stays. If you assume those 4 there are basically 2(maybe even 1 WR spot left). I don't think we can keep more than 6 rostered if we keep 5 RB's. Need to plan ahead now. We have a superb draft next year. Hurts needs to play at least well enough to remain a BU if we choose to replace him next year. Even Joe could stick around another year in either QB 2 or 3 mode. From what all you are telling me,it looks like Siri has done a nice job getting established and getting players to PLAY. IDK care if we suck,I want to see players busting every play, not Ped's "Play 30". That really ticked me off when we would come out of the tunnel flatter than a steamrolled pancake. Now IDK who to take in fantasy as my BU TE, Goedert or Ertz lol(leaning Goedert). So the first and second teams looked ok,that's what I wanted to hear. The rest of the sloggers will be BU's or PS guys anyway and we have a really sweet draft awaiting us next year that could put additional powerhouse players on the team. I really hope we don't lose those 1 picks for a QB. I would rather take a top rook QB and add more offensive weapons or linemen. I would not trust Watson, even if he gets off, the potential for more damage is there, not worth the risk in my view, and WIlson is getting old. Signing him to a 5 year would be a disaster. he made no indication last time he even wants to play here,so forcing him here would be a distraction IMO. OH forgot to add Fulgham,so really we are set a t WR?

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Smith, Reagor, Quez, probably Ward stays. If you assume those 4 there are basically 2(maybe even 1 WR spot left).

I’d say Fulgham is ahead of Ward  but These two also are the guys that likely round out our WR group. 

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’d say Fulgham is ahead of Ward  but These two also are the guys that likely round out our WR group. 

Yeah then Hightower too

QB-Hurts/Flacco- way Mullens played can’t see us taking him think we go into the season with only 2 guys 

RB- Sanders/Scott/Gains/Howard/Huntley- think this group will be tough to cut down Howard adds value as a pass protector and Huntley gives you a KR think we go with 5 guys 

WR- Smith/Quez/Reagor/Fulgham/Ward- wanted to see Hightower show up and take the final spot but think he gets stashed on PS 

TE- Geodart/Ertz/Rodgers/Jackson- Ertz might still get traded don’t think we cut Rodgers and don’t think we can afford to risk Jackson passing through waivers. 

At least this is my early prediction for QB and skill groups on offense after 1 preseason game 

Did Kelce play all the center snaps or did we try someone else?. I assume Dickerson will take that over unless he can be used as a G

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Did Kelce play all the center snaps or did we try someone else?. I assume Dickerson will take that over unless he can be used as a G

Jurgia played C Herbig might have gotten C snaps also not sure on that one though..

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

QB-Hurts/Flacco- way Mullens played can’t see us taking him think we go into the season with only 2 guys 

RB- Sanders/Scott/Gains/Howard/Huntley- think this group will be tough to cut down Howard adds value as a pass protector and Huntley gives you a KR think we go with 5 guys 

WR- Smith/Quez/Reagor/Fulgham/Ward- wanted to see Hightower show up and take the final spot but think he gets stashed on PS 

TE- Geodart/Ertz/Rodgers/Jackson- Ertz might still get traded don’t think we cut Rodgers and don’t think we can afford to risk Jackson passing through waivers. 

At least this is my early prediction for QB and skill groups on offense after 1 preseason game 

Seems though we are stashing too many TE's. Don't see a need for more than 3,so that choice would be Hightower or TE4 and I am gunshy because we tend to lose WR's all the time(not that I want 4th strings WR's)

QB 3's not hard to find. Suspect you are right and we go with 2, retain them both next year and draft our next "big gun" Mullens can go to the PS in the meantime

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Seems though we are stashing too many TE's. Don't see a need for more than 3,so that choice would be Hightower or TE4 and I am gunshy because we tend to lose WR's all the time(not that I want 4th strings WR's)

Don’t really want to go 4 TEs just not sure on the Eagles plans with Ertz. Could opt to cut Rodgers and bring him back(if Ertz is moved) But rather not lose Jackson he has shown more then any of the bottom tier WRs on roster. 

Don’t really want to go 4 TEs just not sure on the Eagles plans with Ertz. Could opt to cut Rodgers and bring him back(if Ertz is moved) But rather not lose Jackson he has shown more then any of the bottom tier WRs on roster. 

I think Howie is hoping a top TE gets hurt on another team and he can deal him

Well you could make an argument for Butler then,who is mediocre at both spots,but he can play either. We need a decision on him,he has been hanging around like Jjaw 

Archived