Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Ok what is your take on the play calling and decision making? This was a big rub for me under Ped

Pretty vanilla. The starters were mainly in 12 personnel with Ertz and Goedert. I don't think we will show much in the preseason. We didn't blitz at all on defense.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Trini said:

Got lucky here in Maryland the Washington game was blacked out ...that was great.Steelers get in the end zone...13-7 Eagles.

IDK why I always get blacked out, even when the Panthers are away. I hate the contracts they got. It's rare they televise the birds here

Just now, jsb235 said:

Pretty vanilla. The starters were mainly in 12 personnel with Ertz and Goedert. I don't think we will show much in the preseason. We didn't blitz at all on defense.

Ok cool. No need to confuse things now anyway. KISS and let the young guys get a feel for the NFL

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK why I always get blacked out, even when the Panthers are away. I hate the contracts they got. It's rare they televise the birds here

Gotta slow down on the drinking

Ok what is your take on the play calling and decision making? This was a big rub for me under Ped

Flaco  looking good on this drive before the half 36 sec to half.Neither the O or the D look overmatched though they look very vanilla...four man fronts, no blitzing Flaco just drove down and Elliott kicked a 50 yd. 7/16 Eagles I like what I see.

Just now, Trini said:

Flaco  looking good on this drive before the half 36 sec to half.Neither the O or the D look overmatched though they look very vanilla...four man fronts, no blitzing Flaco just drove down and Elliott kicked a 50 yd. 7/16 Eagles I like what I see.

OK so it looks like we are "coherent"?

41 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Wow the stats don’t look that favorable for Hurts 3/7 but didn’t watch it so not sure how the misses happened. Did see one nice throw from Hurts to Geodart though. 

Seen Quez had a big play nice to see 

2 drops

Some first half positives.

The oline. Really good protection for both qbs.

Joe Flacco played really well. Hurts was okay. I wouldn't read too much into it as the Steelers backups are bad.

Quez Watkins is making a case to start. He got open deep that was just missed by Hurts, and took a short pass 80 yards and ran by the Steelers like they were stuck in second gear.

Jake Elliott hit all three field goals.

Kenny Gainwell did well.

The defense was really good across the board except for one drive, but the dline looked gassed. Not sure why we didn't sub? Tarron Jackson, TY McGill and Milton Williams all had nice moments.

Tyree Jackson is going to be really good.

Some negatives.

If you are a JJAW fan, this wasn't a great half for you.

Michael Jacquet didn't look good in coverage, but had a nice tackle on a run play.

Zech McPhearson flagged for PI.

Outside of Watkins, our WRs weren't great. Reagor had two catches but I also think he had a drop.

Opinion time. Will we even Have a "starting QB" or will we play both in/out if both look good(like the Saints did). Seems to me that would complicate things.If Flacco outplays Hurts in pre what do you do????

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Some first half positives.

The oline. Really good protection for both qbs.

Joe Flacco played really well. Hurts was okay. I wouldn't read too much into it as the Steelers backups are bad.

Quez Watkins is making a case to start. He got open deep that was just missed by Hurts, and took a short pass 80 yards and ran by the Steelers like they were stuck in second gear.

Jake Elliott hit all three field goals.

Kenny Gainwell did well.

The defense was really good across the board except for one drive, but the dline looked gassed. Not sure why we didn't sub? Tarron Jackson, TY McGill and Milton Williams all had nice moments.

Tyree Jackson is going to be really good.

Some negatives.

If you are a JJAW fan, this wasn't a great half for you.

Michael Jacquet didn't look good in coverage, but had a nice tackle on a run play.

Zech McPhearson flagged for PI.

Outside of Watkins, our WRs weren't great. Reagor had two catches but I also think he had a drop.

So Smith didn't shine? Ok it's one pre season game,but I thought he would at least show up. Our WR's are young,they should come together hopefully mid season. Was never a fan of Reagor or Jjaw not because they are bad, I think we took both too early. I was all in for JJ and jjaw was a SMH pick for me

Opinion time. Will we even Have a "starting QB" or will we play both in/out if both look good(like the Saints did). Seems to me that would complicate things.If Flacco outplays Hurts in pre what do you do????

I don't think there is a competition. Hurts will be the starter until he plays himself out of a job. Flacco has looked okay, but he's playing against backups. Any decent qb would look good in this situation.

So Smith didn't shine? Ok it's one pre season game,but I thought he would at least show up.

He's injured. Should be ready for the regular season.

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I think Flacco will look better in preseason but I also don’t think we will utilize Hurts fully we should be limiting him as a runner in preseason which is a huge part of Hurts game. 

5 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I don't think there is a competition. Hurts will be the starter until he plays himself out of a job. Flacco has looked okay, but he's playing against backups. Any decent qb would look good in this situation.

Sure, but what do you do if Hurts gets outplayed the rest of pre??? I want the best QB, not fall into the next Wentz trap that you play him because you drafted him high or paid him a ton. We are set up to take a nice round 1 QB next year if we need to do it. So this year just give me the best guy. I'm wondering at what point in the season Howie starts to "tinker" with Siri. You know it's coming lol

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I think Flacco will look better in preseason but I also don’t think we will utilize Hurts fully we should be limiting him as a runner in preseason which is a huge part of Hurts game. 

Yeah true,the idea is to get through pre unscathed. Thats a good point

6 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

don't think there is a competition. Hurts will be the starter until he plays himself out of a job. Flacco has looked okay, but he's playing against backups. Any decent qb would look good in this situation.

Think the issue many will have is Flacco is a better passer at this point it isn’t really debatable in my eyes. So he will look better. But as i stated in a previous post I don’t believe we should utilize Hurts to his fullest which is his running ability which cuts out a huge part of his game. 

Though competition isn’t there though it’s Hurts job to lose and he will have to be terrible for that to happen. 

Mac Jones looks sharp!(pre or not he is drilling it in the gut)

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

But Flacco tossed the TD right?

Yes but it was more Watkins then anything Flacco did… Was a bubble screen Quez took to the house 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yes but it was more Watkins then anything Flacco did… Was a bubble screen Quez took to the house 

Where was Quez lined up to start that play?

I also wouldn’t read that much into Reagor 2 catches and a drop first game not bad. I see it as he got open 3 times in limited reps drops are part of the game he won’t catch them all as long as it doesn’t become a habit. 

Where was Quez lined up to start that play?

Slot 

Are they leaving Maliata in. The more reps he gets the better IMO

Guys I was never fans of. Reagor(overrated IMO), Jjaw ( round 6-UDFA quality), Dillard-hasn't shown alot, now in another year. Goes out if he stubs his toe ,not really a tough it out type that I equate to "we're from Philly and we fight" linemen. Any rooks sticking out?????

In another vein, the Pats punter STINKS. He'd be great if your punting inside your opponents 40 lol. 50 yards up,10 downfield lol

Dickerson play at all ???? I don;t suspect they would risk it but....

SO what was the overall takeaway tonight? Sounds like Quez has earned his roster spot

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Dickerson play at all ???? I don;t suspect they would risk it but....

No he didn’t play 

Archived