Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Healing real quick….it’s an injury he’s had since high school

Lmao he had surgery this offseason 5-12 week injury set to play week 1 yea healing quickly… Guess. Nelson had the injury since high school also 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, jsb235 said:

His blocking will determine how soon we see him on the field, because his pass catching is apparently already there.

If they move Ertz his blocking might not matter much since you could flex Tyree use him in a primary pass catching role similar to Ertz. 

12 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Milton Williams. Can he step out of the crowd and win the DT3 job? If he can't outplay TY MGill and Hassan Ridgeway, I will be disappointed.

Hassan has been a really good player for us when healthy and McGill has been playing well in camp… Not to concerned if Milton beats them or not just want Milton to carve out a role for himself his rookie year and considering he is also getting looks as a DE and with us possibly doing 34 looks he should. 

Milton would seem to be the most natural to be behind Cox though as a pass rusher 

This game can help answer some questions  about this team.

How the offense looks will they have success? is there questionable showings at time during camp really because our D unit? On the flip side how does the D look vs an offense that isn’t ours?

11 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

This game can help answer some questions  about this team.

How the offense looks will they have success? is there questionable showings at time during camp really because our D unit? On the flip side how does the D look vs an offense that isn’t ours?

just get out of this healthy. I am not worried too much about this season as much as I want to see improvement and have an answer at the QB by end of the season. We have ample draft picks to move up and get a solid QB if Hurts does not pan out. Granted not the best case, but better than not knowing....

2 minutes ago, stine said:

am not worried too much about this season as much as I want to see improvement and have an answer at the QB by end of the season.

If the offense is terrible clearly means things need change same in terms of defense. I’m not expecting to know it all but if our offense comes out and can’t move the ball at all ha a vanilla Steelers D that is concerning not time for alarms just concerning 

Don’t know what Oline we can rollout for this PS game. If Pryor and such are starting then expectations are very minimal.

Well, this is Pittsburgh's second game, so they should be better organized than us and provide a decent challenge. Will enjoy watching the new players.....

25 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t know what Oline we can rollout for this PS game. If Pryor and such are starting then expectations are very minimal.

Sounds like excuses…. Not expecting this team to steam roll anyone but should definitely be able to show glimpses on offense for a successful unit 

56 minutes ago, stine said:

just get out of this healthy.

To this I’m hoping we keep Hurts in the pocket no designed runs. During the season we will have plays for him and his legs are a big part of his game but no need for the added risk in a preseason game 

47 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It's actually a fair matchup because the Steelers will be without Watt and Tuitt, so our backups will be facing their backups.

My guess is that Mailata, Herbig, Kelce, Driscoll and Lane will start, but only play a few series.

The second team line will likely be Toth, Awosika, Juriga, Opeta and Pryor, and then Crider and Pierschbacher working their way in late in the game.

I could see them leaving Mailata, Herbig and Driscoll in, but I don't think any of them really need it. The second team line should be okay. Awosika has stood out in camp, and they really like Opeta and Juriga. The tackles are an issue, but they will likely face Alex Highsmith, a third round pick last year who was good but not great, a journeyman in Cassius Marsh and sixth round draft pick Quincy Roche. That's hardly an imposing lineup.

Think Ham mentioned it but have to wonder if we see an extended look of Ertz. Show case that he is healthy and can still play try and increase his value.

We don’t have to trade him I understand that but just doesn’t feel like we will keep him either(if that makes any sense lol)

Eagles starters expected to play a series or two vs the Steelers… Honestly I was expecting Hurts and the younger guys to play a bit more then that. 

Guessing we see a ton of Mullens then can’t image Flacco stays on the field long.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

What time is the PS game?

Starts in a few minutes.

It seems like absolutely no one is there from the NFL Network feed.

Wow the stats don’t look that favorable for Hurts 3/7 but didn’t watch it so not sure how the misses happened. Did see one nice throw from Hurts to Geodart though. 

Seen Quez had a big play nice to see 

Impressive coaching debut in a Pre-Season game  for Nick and JG...0 penalties early on...very encouraging start, this second tier not real horrible right now...

21 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Wow the stats don’t look that favorable for Hurts 3/7 but didn’t watch it so not sure how the misses happened. Did see one nice throw from Hurts to Geodart though. 

Seen Quez had a big play nice to see 

That 3-7 one of those drops he put the ballin Ertz belly and Ertz dropped it...

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

Starts in a few minutes.

It seems like absolutely no one is there from the NFL Network feed.

I'm stuck with the Washington Wuss game. What I have gleaned so far----- Mac Jones will be a star. Looks terrific and I suspect he starts before too long if he plays like he is right now.Very sharp!!  Someone update on how good/bad we look

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm stuck with the Washington Wuss game. What I have gleaned so far----- Mac Jones will be a star. Looks terrific and I suspect he starts before too long if he plays like he is right now.Very sharp!!  Someone update on how good/bad we look

We look really good. Quez Watkins is a stud. First team defense was dominating. Milton Williams, TY McGill and Tarron Jackson look really good. Flacco and Hurts played well. No one has been too terrible. Jacquet was burned, but no other real problems.

PS. I am trying to picture this team with Justin Jefferson and Smith(ugh) 

Just now, jsb235 said:

We look really good. Quez Watkins is a stud. First team defense was dominating. Milton Williams, TY McGill and Tarron Jackson look really good. Flacco and Hurts played well. No one has been too terrible. Jacquet was burned, but no other real problems.

Is Harris playing at RB and is our D stopping him?

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

PS. I am trying to picture this team with Justin Jefferson and Smith(ugh) 

Is Harris playing at RB and is our D stopping him?

He was in a for a few plays. Didn't do much.

Got lucky here in Maryland the Washington game was blacked out ...that was great.Steelers get in the end zone...13-7 Eagles.

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Ok what is your take on the play calling and decision making? This was a big rub for me under Ped

Archived