Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olave,Dean and Leal would be fine for me. CB in 2 maybe a S in 3. Sadly we need 7 spots with 5 picks

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Olave,Dean and Leal would be fine for me. CB in 2 maybe a S in 3. Sadly we need 7 spots with 5 picks

That would be a home run first round. This team can really be off a running with all our draft ammo.

Switch a CB for the LB and it sounds about right because we know he’s not taking a LB round one.

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Switch a CB for the LB and it sounds about right because we know he’s not taking a LB round one.

That would prove his idiocy to me. Doesn't really take CB's either which is why this team struggles,because Howie can' put his ego down and make the picks

Even with few picks you can build up a team. Vikes 2020-JJ  2021 Darisaw, if they can snag gardner at 12 they have alot of nice pieces

16 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Why keep trading for another year. This team needs talent NOW! And LOTS of it.

Lol... how do you like having pick #15 this year?   Was the trade smart, or should they have stuck at 6?

How about trading down and pick 33-35, and getting pick 10 next year?

Then how about trading that pick again for a similar haul,  and doing it year after year?

What would the end result be...

scenario 1 = 1st round pick in 2022

Scenario 2 = pick 33-35 every year?    

That's one player ...in total, vs one player every year.    It's not even close thar the right move would be getting an extra player in the top 35 every year.  That's how you build roster with as many top picks as you can get.

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Even with few picks you can build up a team. Vikes 2020-JJ  2021 Darisaw, if they can snag gardner at 12 they have alot of nice pieces

Vikings have been going downhill

This draft we have a very strong and unique position. Rosie has to put several things together here. We are trading 15. We’ll be told who they are taking for us to trade. So now 16 to 19. Rosie needs to pick the most likely target for 17 and 18 and choose him at 16. Get the other player at 19 we would have taken at 15. I would say in this setup for the draft…that’s the way I’d play it right now. Try to line this scenario up.

Miami pick 29. Could see that. Green Bay at 28. ARod might be dipping. 

Tampa Bay at 27……we know they have a job opening.

25 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Would you trade 15 …..for 32 and 34 from Detroit?

No...  need next year #1. That's the whole point for a trade if it was me.

Turn back the clock to 2008.

Eagles had 19th pick.    

Trade with Carolina.. for 2nd , 4th and 2009 1st rounder.     The 2nd round pick was #43.  

My ideal scenario is something similar,  but with one of those teams in the 30s that I think will be picking early in next year's draft.

The value to me of having that asset, in a year where either they go after a QB or the current QB proves he can play, it then allows for options to really make a move either way.   Need that early 2023 pick.

11 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

No...  need next year #1. That's the whole point for a trade if it was me.

Ok. Didn’t see next year’s values. But it’s a tough thought. Would you rather have 32 and 34 instead of just 15. I’m not sure on that. You get two players …so as long as one is good you did your job as a GM. But just picking at 15 you should be getting an elite player.

Next year’s first is a crap shoot. You have no control because it’s not our team. We got pick 15. Looked like we were going to get a real high pick out of Miami. Colts delivered with a better pick than expected.

41 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ideal scenario.... trading #19 for early 2nd and 1st round next year.

First and early second this year is greater than a first and second next year in my eyes. Basically almost the idea of just waiting to add talent to  this squad doesn’t work for me.

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Next year’s first is a crap shoot. You have no control because it’s not our team. We got pick 15. Looked like we were going to get a real high pick out of Miami. Colts delivered with a better pick than expected.

In both the Colts and Dolphins case... neither was coming from a team in the bottom 10.    It's a crapshoot Detroit,  Jax, Jets will be as bad....I don't expect either to be in playoff contention.  It's better value having the #1 pick next year.

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

First and early second this year is greater than a first and second next year in my eyes. Basically almost the idea of just waiting to add talent to  this squad.

What?

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This draft we have a very strong and unique position. Rosie has to put several things together here. We are trading 15. We’ll be told who they are taking for us to trade. So now 16 to 19. Rosie needs to pick the most likely target for 17 and 18 and choose him at 16. Get the other player at 19 we would have taken at 15. I would say in this setup for the draft…that’s the way I’d play it right now. Try to line this scenario up.

SO where did the guy go at 16 you had to have 17 or 18? his makes zero sense. With 2 top 20 picks you have a nice shot that all 3 will be top line players. Once you start trading back past 20,you are now more of a gambler and the success percentage declines. I mean can we keep this simple and draft players that will help instead of making this a complex array of "what ifs"?

Archived